I just started and finished watching Breaking Bad

The Poojer

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I watch a internet feed and maybe miss some things [ like commercials :D ] but possible he did that. One thing I don't get is what do these guys in jail have on Walt? Not Mike, but Walt?

The laundry manager would be able to recognize Walt & Jesse as the guys who showed up each day and entered the Super Lab. That's the only one I could think of that could implicate him.

He was shown in the previews for episode 8 as though he was talking to someone. Perhaps he gets offed by a connection of Todd's uncle?

Don't take this the wrong way...but get the F**K out of this thread!!!!!

(you'll thank me later!)

I was a little disappointed by it, actually. I thought it was too convenient for it to go down that way. You have Mike ALWAYS on top of things. He crosses his T's and dots his I's, and he always errs on the side of caution. In fact, just last week we have him going out of the way to protect his interests from Walt, and then nearly shooting him when he realized that Walt not only tried to escape and mess up Mike's plans, but actually succeeded in taking complete control of the situation. So now you have Mike completely cool with Walt picking up is "go bag", even though it has a loaded weapon, and then approaching Walt without having his gun drawn? And then after things get heated, he turns his back on Walt and heads toward his car, and then once he's in there he completely ignores Walts whereabouts while he goes through the bag? I'm sorry, but that's just not sitting well with me. Mike would never do that.

I think an earlier version of Mike wouldn't have done that but he was clearly in transition. He just wanted out. What Mike conveyed more than anything lately was resignation to the situation. Like he said in the season opener, "We're boned." He was down to "no measures" let alone half measures and full measures.

Anybody else struck by the irony of Walt being the one to warn Mike of the impending bust at the park?

I think an earlier version of Mike wouldn't have done that but he was clearly in transition. He just wanted out. What Mike conveyed more than anything lately was resignation to the situation. Like he said in the season opener, "We're boned." He was down to "no measures" let alone half measures and full measures.

Anybody else struck by the irony of Walt being the one to warn Mike of the impending bust at the park?

Dead men tell no tales is Walts thinking I guess.

I just started watching breaking bad (the pilot and first episode). Should I continue to watch them straight through or can I start watching the live ones as well?

Do NOT start watching the live epsiodes now. Trust me. You will not be sorry.

If you're interested, the sneak peek up on amctv.com is a short scene between Walt and Lydia.

Thanks, Sage. I'll have to check it out. Just finished reading your critique. Always good food for thought. I liked your insight into the look on Walt's face after Todd refused to be paid until after he gets better at cooking. Fresh clay for Walt to manipulate.

The more Walt keeps making promisesthat this is the last death on his watch, the faster the bodycount ticks up.

If it had been a headshot, Walt could've made it look like a suicide. I mean, dude had just lost $5M aft losing $2M and was facing the DEA giving him a full rectal. Jesse wouldn't have bought it, but.... It's just kind of sad and a foreshadow to Walt's own end, I think. Here was a guy who went into it all for the $ and provide a boatload of cash to his granddaughter. But it just never works that way. Something always happens --- no matter HOW careful or badass you are --- and it just takes ONE f-----up for all the dominos to fall. The only way you truly "get out" of the business is to throw out everything you've ever touched and walk away, or you die. A while it may pain some people here to admit it, in that, Skyler is right.

I couldn't follow the cut-away either...although i thought i heard a faint pop and assumed Walt put one in his head...

Walt disarmed Mike

Dead men tell no tales is Walts thinking I guess.

I don't think Walt was planning on killing Mike when he made that call. The opportunity arose when Walt opened the grab bag

Thoughts on last night's episode...

http://www.entertain...ay-my-name/2950

Nice write-up, Jay...as always. I don't give the episode the same grade that you gave it, but reading your review helped me to realize that even though I don't feel this episode was that strong by Gilligan standards, it was strong in terms of its relation to the previous and future episodes of S5. Your review talks more about events that have already happened, or will soon happen, than it does events that actually occur during "Say My Name". From that perspective I'd rate it pretty highly, as well.

Anybody have a clue as to what Hank was noticing in the photographs during the staff meeting in the DEA conference room?

That was one of my favorite scenes...as he notices something about the photos, the voice of his boss on the video conferencing becomes inaudible and we're sort of drawn into the photos, as well. Then all of a sudden you hear, "Hank!", and we all sort of snap out of it together and re-focus on the meeting. Details like this are one of the main reasons I love this show.

In response to Mike messing up and that being un-mike-like...Mike's been messing up over and over this season. Mike is good, but he's good in a controlled atmosphere and in making sure that controlled atmosphere is what he's working with. Walt changes the game. Walt is chaos, oddly enough he thrives in chaos...and Mike can't lock things down. Also...as for turning his back on Walt...c'mon now who in the world would think Walt would kill Mike...

Behind the scenes on Mike's death and goodbye to the crew...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYwQ7mW_JHE&list=FLJcAGGviXfI58PvYeu1JWdA&feature=mh_lolz

Walt disarmed Mike

I don't think Walt was planning on killing Mike when he made that call. The opportunity arose when Walt opened the grab bag

I'm not sure Walt was for sure going to kill him until Mike slammed the hell out him, blaming him for everything that went wrong & basically calling him a major :censored: -up.... I think that set him off. Edited by Rico

I'm not sure Walt was for sure going to kill him until Mike slammed the hell out him, blaming him for everything that went wrong & basically calling him a major :censored: -up.... I think that set him off.

"What, no 'thank-you' for the five million dollars? No, 'I'm sorry' for handcuffing me to a radiator?"

In response to Mike messing up and that being un-mike-like...Mike's been messing up over and over this season. Mike is good, but he's good in a controlled atmosphere and in making sure that controlled atmosphere is what he's working with. Walt changes the game. Walt is chaos, oddly enough he thrives in chaos...and Mike can't lock things down. Also...as for turning his back on Walt...c'mon now who in the world would think Walt would kill Mike...

I completely disagree with your take on MIke and Walt, but that video was awesome....thanks for posting :)