I just started and finished watching Breaking Bad

The Poojer

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's so cool...you can tell that this was far more than just a gig for them...it was just as special to them as it is to all of us.

As much as I miss the show and am still in mourning, at the same time it was just so damn satisfying. It must be similar to what it's like to retire after winning the Super Bowl...you're sad once it's all over, but you went out on such a high and accomplished so much that there was an overarching sense of satisfaction, which makes it feel "complete".

• 6 months later...

I knew it was a possibility...I KNEW IT!!!!

http://www.huffingto...kushpmg00000024

There have been more than a few times, since the series ended, where I wondered why the ended it. I know, everyone wants to go out "on top" (and it really did), but it seems like Giliagan, Aaron Paul, and now Cranston have all expressed a desire to somehow be involved with the show in the future.... I remember when the first news came out about the new "Better Call Saul" series, coming this fall on AMC. It was initially described as a half-hour comedy...a sit-com, and Vince Gilligan would have some involvement, but not like he did with "Breaking Bad." Then, a few months later, when news of casting for the show came out, it was starting to be descibed as an hour long "dramady", and then came news that Jonathan Banks (Mike) would be in the new show...rumors about Giancarlo Esposito reprising the Gus Fring role...Aaron Paul, enthusiastically proclaims that he would love the opportunity to play Jessie Pinkman again...all of the sudden, Vince Gilligan is getting way more involved with the day to day stuff on the show than was ever intended, because he "just loves the characters so much"...and now, Bryan Cranston hinting that there could be more Heisenberg adventures in the future...

This would all, normally, leave me skeptical about any future show, or movie, or whatever...but the quality of the original is so good, I have no doubt, if they ever did revisit Walter White and company, it would be done right, and be the highest quality. Not saying I am pining for it (it really was damn near perfect story arc), but you bet, I would tune in... it is kind of refreshing, in some ways, to see that all of these people appreciate how great they had it, and realize how important their involvement on that show was to their careers. You will get no Gandolfini/Nimoy chatter from any of the "Breakig Bad" folks...the only major player I have heard say he would have no desire to be involved in future "Breaking Bad" related projects was Dean Norris (Hank). He said something like "it's over, I want to move on, I don't like living in the past". Too bad, because his character would probably lend itself as well to any earlier Saul Goodman stories, as any other character...certainly more than Walter White.

You almost get the feeling that they committed themselves to "doing it right" with this show, had such a blast in the process, and then were sorry they committed themselves to ending it when they did.

Edited by Buftex

I have the entire series waiting for me to watch it. I've watched half of the first episode before bed this week. I remember watching a few episodes when it first came on and thinking it would be huge. I was right but never gave it a chance.

I really need to watch this show.

I have the entire series waiting for me to watch it. I've watched half of the first episode before bed this week. I remember watching a few episodes when it first came on and thinking it would be huge. I was right but never gave it a chance.

Yes, you do. And so does anybody else who hasn't seen it

Awesome series :beer:

There have been more than a few times, since the series ended, where I wondered why the ended it. I know, everyone wants to go out "on top" (and it really did), but it seems like Giliagan, Aaron Paul, and now Cranston have all expressed a desire to somehow be involved with the show in the future.... I remember when the first news came out about the new "Better Call Saul" series, coming this fall on AMC. It was initially described as a half-hour comedy...a sit-com, and Vince Gilligan would have some involvement, but not like he did with "Breaking Bad." Then, a few months later, when news of casting for the show came out, it was starting to be descibed as an hour long "dramady", and then came news that Jonathan Banks (Mike) would be in the new show...rumors about Giancarlo Esposito reprising the Gus Fring role...Aaron Paul, enthusiastically proclaims that he would love the opportunity to play Jessie Pinkman again...all of the sudden, Vince Gilligan is getting way more involved with the day to day stuff on the show than was ever intended, because he "just loves the characters so much"...and now, Bryan Cranston hinting that there could be more Heisenberg adventures in the future...

This would all, normally, leave me skeptical about any future show, or movie, or whatever...but the quality of the original is so good, I have no doubt, if they ever did revisit Walter White and company, it would be done right, and be the highest quality. Not saying I am pining for it (it really was damn near perfect story arc), but you bet, I would tune in... it is kind of refreshing, in some ways, to see that all of these people appreciate how great they had it, and realize how important their involvement on that show was to their careers. You will get no Gandolfini/Nimoy chatter from any of the "Breakig Bad" folks...the only major player I have heard say he would have no desire to be involved in future "Breaking Bad" related projects was Dean Norris (Hank). He said something like "it's over, I want to move on, I don't like living in the past". Too bad, because his character would probably lend itself as well to any earlier Saul Goodman stories, as any other character...certainly more than Walter White.

You almost get the feeling that they committed themselves to "doing it right" with this show, had such a blast in the process, and then were sorry they committed themselves to ending it when they did.

One of the best shows of all time but a good show ends when it's supposed to end.

Only 24 can go into infinity.

This season of 24(12) has been fantastic :lol:

tumblr_mlsd1oS6LF1ryzizgo1_500.gif

• 1 month later...

Just finished it last night. I told my wife I need to switch to Gilligan's Island for a bit.

Oh and please, please so sort of sequel. Just let it go.

Weird. I was thinking about looking for this thread again. I just started at S1.E1. last night - for my third time. I don't have cable, and I have pretty much worn Netflix out. I can't believe that I still found that first episode thrilling on the third go-around.

Weird. I was thinking about looking for this thread again. I just started at S1.E1. last night - for my third time. I don't have cable, and I have pretty much worn Netflix out. I can't believe that I still found that first episode thrilling on the third go-around.

That and Scrubs are the only shows that I can finish and start right over again and still enjoy them

CBF

I just finished watching the first episode. I remember this. I watched the first episode. I knew it was going to be good.

I'll make it a point to watch the rest.

In other news, I started reading "The Sound and The Fury" about 20 years ago..I know it is probably pretty good...I may finish it someday! :rolleyes:

In other news, I started reading "The Sound and The Fury" about 20 years ago..I know it is probably pretty good...I may finish it someday! :rolleyes:

I finally got through the scroll at the beginning of Star Wars. Is the rest worth watching?

One of the guys at work is going thru it on Netflix. It's been fun reliving some of the memories when he talks about the episodes he watched the day before. He's got the final 2 episodes left. Coincidentally, I still have Felina on my DVR. Just couldn't bring myself to delete such a masterpiece. Gives me an excuse to watch it again :)

As I mentioned earlier, I started the series again for the third time. I was totally into it through the first season. The second season, with Jane, I noticed myself beginning to pick at some of the details. For instance, of course Jessie gets a young hot drug addict for a landlord. I thought Hank was a little the the top. Etc, etc. So I quit watching. I do t want to ruin it by over analyzing. Spooge getting spooged under the ATM though...LOLOL SKANK SKANK SKANK SHANK SKANK!

Edited by THE KIKO MONSTER