I just started and finished watching Breaking Bad

The Poojer

I loved the scene where Mike and Hank where butting heads in the interrogation room. Couple of heavyweights going at it. The S/M twins would just start crying.

That scene reminded me of the one in Heat when DeNiro and Pacino are sitting across from each other hashing it out, both knowing that a storm is-a-brewin'.

Glad you're all caught up!

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That scene reminded me of the one in Heat when DeNiro and Pacino are sitting across from each other hashing it out, both knowing that a storm is-a-brewin'.

Glad you're all caught up!

Yeah week to week now. Just as well really, I was worthless to to the world as I burned though one epiosode after another. "Wait just one more!"

Like the way S4 ended though. Whole new playing field have no idea what to expect.

Yeah week to week now. Just as well really, I was worthless to to the world as I burned though one epiosode after another. "Wait just one more!"

Like the way S4 ended though. Whole new playing field have no idea what to expect.

I know that feeling well...very hard to find an acceptable stopping point

I know that feeling well...very hard to find an acceptable stopping point

Almost glad it's over-can actually do things... but I know something else will pop up. Always have done the same thing with good books-one more chapter... wait I have to see what happens here then I will quit-for real. Next I know the footnote page and I have spent a 18 hour hour day with my nose in a book.

Almost glad it's over-can actually do things... but I know something else will pop up. Always have done the same thing with good books-one more chapter... wait I have to see what happens here then I will quit-for real. Next I know the footnote page and I have spent a 18 hour hour day with my nose in a book.

You book readers really make me feel dumb. Only time i ever read a book from cover to cover (EDIT: (in one sitting - im not THAT unread LOL))was Forest Gump whill stuck in the airport for three days trying to fly standby. I was flying home from a wedding in buffalo, coincidentally since that was the last time i was there. Dang. Hard to believe that was what, 1994?!?

Edited by Stranger in a Strange Land

You book readers really make me feel dumb. Only time i ever read a book from cover to cover was Forest Gump whill stuck in the airport for three days trying to fly standby. I was flying home from a wedding in buffalo, coincidentally since that was the last time i was there. Dang. Hard to believe that was what, 1994?!?

Get a Steven King book for starters. A good one like the Talisman. Light weight but riveting. Work your way up. You really are missing a wonderful world.

Not to harp on the "Sopranos" vs "Breaking Bad" thing, because I love both these shows...but the big difference, for me, despite the fact that Tony Soprano and Walter White are both great characters, in the "anti-hero" vein, I always, emotionally, wanted Tony to come out on top, even though he did horrible things...I am finding Walter White much easier to root against...the fist three episodes of this season, for me, have stripped away any lingering fondness for the character...he will get what is coming to him.

Edited by Buftex

Not to harp on the "Sopranos" vs "Breaking Bad" thing, because I love both these shows...but the big difference, for me, despite the fact that Tony Soprano and Walter White are both great characters, in the "anti-hero" vein, I always, emotionally, wanted Tony to come out on top, even though he did horrible things...I am finding Walter White much easier to root against...the fist three episodes of this season, for me, have stripped away any lingering fondness for the character...he will get what is coming to him.

Not to harp on the on the Sopranos, But I will go ahead and do it :rolleyes:

2 questions... who was victor? Why such a stern lecture to jesse? Was it because he gave the money up too easily?

Victor was Mike's henchman

Remember the Boxcutter episode? Specifically the final scene? That was Victor

I loved how Saul calls Walt, Jesse, and he the 3 Amigos then goes on to quote the 3 Musketeers :lol: when he opposes bringing Mike into the operation. But the 3 Musketeers, Athos, Porthos, and Aramis, were really 4 with D'Artagnan.

Then later Walt and Jesse are watching the 3 Stooges. Little bit of foreshadowing there. And just like the 3 Musketeers, the Stooges Larry, Moe, and Curly had a 4th in Shemp.

Props to Skylar for telling Marie to Shut Up, something I know most of us have wanted to tell Marie for 4+ seasons. Then another little bit of foreshadowing when Skylar wakes up and walks in on the Walt's watching Scarface "Say Hello to my Little Friend" scene. Couple that with the opening scene of the season premiere

that and the fact that AMC is running gangster week and i think they were watching scarface on AMC in that scene...but i can't be sure of that...i will have to refresh my memory on victor, its not ringing a bell at this moment. good call on the Stooges/Musketeers...

....and damn, the interaction between brock and walt...how creepy was that??? interesting to see what happens to the pest company employee(todd?)....wonder if walt is gonna give him props or rat on him for talking to them, against Mike's orders

Victor was Mike's henchman

Remember the Boxcutter episode? Specifically the final scene? That was Victor

I loved how Saul calls Walt, Jesse, and he the 3 Amigos then goes on to quote the 3 Musketeers :lol: when he opposes bringing Mike into the operation. But the 3 Musketeers, Athos, Porthos, and Aramis, were really 4 with D'Artagnan.

Then later Walt and Jesse are watching the 3 Stooges. Little bit of foreshadowing there. And just like the 3 Musketeers, the Stooges Larry, Moe, and Curly had a 4th in Shemp.

Props to Skylar for telling Marie to Shut Up, something I know most of us have wanted to tell Marie for 4+ seasons. Then another little bit of foreshadowing when Skylar wakes up and walks in on the Walt's watching Scarface "Say Hello to my Little Friend" scene. Couple that with the opening scene of the season premiere

Not to harp on the on the Sopranos, But I will go ahead and do it :rolleyes:

I was actually making a point about Walt, in reference to earlier discussion in this thread...Walt has very few, if any, redeeming qualities at this point... I think I will be sadder to see Gus go, than Walt. I would love to see Mike be the one who takes him out, ultimately. But, with the teaser at the begining of the season, I got a feeling it is going to get much bigger in scope than what we have seen so far.

Edited by Buftex

that and the fact that AMC is running gangster week and i think they were watching scarface on AMC in that scene...but i can't be sure of that...i will have to refresh my memory on victor, its not ringing a bell at this moment. good call on the Stooges/Musketeers...

....and damn, the interaction between brock and walt...how creepy was that??? interesting to see what happens to the pest company employee(todd?)....wonder if walt is gonna give him props or rat on him for talking to them, against Mike's orders

Somehow, I think that kid recognizes Walt... it could be what, ultimately, turns Jesse against Walt. It is going to happen. Did you get the feeling that Walt's "advice" to Jesse about having to deal with his girlfriend was "fatherly" or a passive-agressive threat?

Somehow, I think that kid recognizes Walt... it could be what, ultimately, turns Jesse against Walt. It is going to happen. Did you get the feeling that Walt's "advice" to Jesse about having to deal with his girlfriend was "fatherly" or a passive-agressive threat?

Seemed like a threat to me, same as his warning to Jesse about the last guy who tried to cook by himself (Victor) getting too close to the sun....

Not sure if people saw it, but the special preview for next week's show that aired while Small Town Security was on show Walt's birthday breakfast where Sklay arranged his bacon to show 51 - we now know that the opening scene from S5 E1 happened a year out....

Agreed, always pulled for Tony.. Even when BB first started, Walter was kind of a douche.

So do you guys think Skylar is freaked because some strange guy named Heisenberg has moved into her home?

I think Gilligan must like me considering how he's written Skylar so far...just a couple brief minutes of her mental breakdown each episode so far...then back to the real stars of the show. I dig it :thumbsup:

Tony always had a soft spot for certain people/things and it was revealed frequently, adding to the complexity of and sympathy for his character. (i.e., the ducks).

In his own way, Walt is far more cold and calculating. It just didn't seem that way initially because he wasn't a born criminal like Tony. But as he's become a more skilled criminal, his true nature is emerging.

So do you guys think Skylar is freaked because some strange guy named Heisenberg has moved into her home?

I think Gilligan must like me considering how he's written Skylar so far...just a couple brief minutes of her mental breakdown each episode so far...then back to the real stars of the show. I dig it :thumbsup:

I think it's fear of Walt mixed with her experience seeing Ted in the hospital. Skyler was fine when her involvement was just laundering money, but once she "saw how the sausage was made", so to speak, it freaked her out. Seems like she's going through PTSD.