I just started and finished watching Breaking Bad

The Poojer

gotta ask though, I don't see as quick as I used to. What was printed on the photo in the evidence bag...I kind of missed what it said, and I suspect it will be significant...

I recommend DVR'ing every new episode of Breaking Bad. Then about 10:30 or so start watching the DVR.

If there's something that goes by quick like that, you can always rewind and rewatch. There's usually a couple small gems in every episode that if you blink, you missed it

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

couple of very telling lines(paraphrased) that set the stage for the final season...

"Because I said it will"

"I forgive you"

"You aren't out until I say you are out"

I am sure those obtuse lines don't need any context, ego is going to be the downfall of Walter!

couple of very telling lines(paraphrased) that set the stage for the final season...

"Because I said it will"

"I forgive you"

"You aren't out until I say you are out"

I am sure those obtuse lines don't need any context, ego is going to be the downfall of Walter!

Well, it always was e.g. the dinner with Hank where Walt started drinking and flapping his gums. He thinks he's so much smarter than everyone. As Walt Jr. says that "Uncle Hank was just toying with [Gus Fring] the whole time" the coming build-up and face-off between them is going to get good. Advantage Hank, tho. Walt at this point is believing his own bullstevestojan.

I just wonder when the intro scene will be picking up. I'm not sure it's going to be this mini-season, even. But it looks like Walt's cancer is back in it.

Okay something troubling me

The scene at Jesse's where Mike is on the phone with somebody posing as an investigator. The "Yeah We're Boned" scene

Who was he talking to when he said go ahead call this number day or night, then broke the phone?

I was under the assumption that he was talking to law enforcement. If law enforcement followed up on that call and realized something's fishy, what's to stop them from going to the wireless company to see where the signal originated?

I don't know if this was an oversight or intentional...

i am pretty sure he was talking to the APD to see if they would confirm the laptop was there...and i think they can only 'trianulate' the signals origination...so knowing it was somewhere in ABQ isn't going to be that big of a surprise to them...

The scene at Jesse's where Mike is on the phone with somebody posing as an investigator. The "Yeah We're Boned" scene

Who was he talking to when he said go ahead call this number day or night, then broke the phone?

I was under the assumption that he was talking to law enforcement. If law enforcement followed up on that call and realized something's fishy, what's to stop them from going to the wireless company to see where the signal originated?

Well, it always was e.g. the dinner with Hank where Walt started drinking and flapping his gums. He thinks he's so much smarter than everyone. As Walt Jr. says that "Uncle Hank was just toying with [Gus Fring] the whole time" the coming build-up and face-off between them is going to get good. Advantage Hank, tho. Walt at this point is believing his own bullstevestojan.

I just wonder when the intro scene will be picking up. I'm not sure it's going to be this mini-season, even. But it looks like Walt's cancer is back in it.

And that scene, if you think about it, was the begining of Walts final ascent.

i am pretty sure he was talking to the APD to see if they would confirm the laptop was there...and i think they can only 'trianulate' the signals origination...so knowing it was somewhere in ABQ isn't going to be that big of a surprise to them...

I thought he was talking to also

And it's possible to pinpoint more than just the call originating from Albuquerque. Wireless providers can provide which cell tower was in use and a search radius. Hank won't have any problem looking at a map and realizing, hey Jesse Pinkman's house is right there...

Jack Bauer on the other hand could pin point which bathroom stall you were in when you called from your wireless signal and an audio analysis of which toilet you flushed

As I understood it, Mike was calling to confirm whether they'd searched and seized yet. He was pretending to be a postal regulator and inquiring about a postage meter that was ostensibly in Gus's office at Pollos Hermanos, where the laptop was. He got confirmation that APD did have a meter, so they know the office has been searched and the laptop is sure to have been taken into evidence. It was also a mechanism of finding out which law enforcement agency had possession of it.

If they followed up... well... do you really think a government desk jockey is going to be that curious and actually show that kind of initiative that means they have to do more work? That would be a first, to my recollection. Even if they did call back, could also easily chalk it up to being a wrong number, etc. and that's the end of that.

That was a pretty good episode. I watched the first four seasons in the span of 10 days so haven't to wait a week per episode will take some patience :(

Edited by meazza

Cell phone calls that come through the main switchboard have the cell phone's GPS coordinates attached to the number. This is usually accurate within 5 meters. It's hit or miss with trying to get a search warrant for cell phone records. Especially with those disposable 3rd party cell phones that piggy back on the major networks.

OK, but would a direct call to an evidence lock-up warehouse be the same as calling a police department?

That was a pretty good episode. I watched the first four seasons in the span of 10 days so haven't to wait a week per episode will take some patience :(

It's really a huge adjustment to go from having every successive episode available to just push "play" vs having to be patient week to week. I've experienced that with a few shows, too. I've thought about it quite a lot and I much prefer being able to watch shows on DVD instead of weekly...it's just a lot more fun, IMO.

It's really a huge adjustment to go from having every successive episode available to just push "play" vs having to be patient week to week. I've experienced that with a few shows, too. I've thought about it quite a lot and I much prefer being able to watch shows on DVD instead of weekly...it's just a lot more fun, IMO.

Agreed, I finally got caught up by watching the entire Season 4 BD over the weekend. No logos and no commercials either.:thumbsup:

should have realized technology has gotten that sophisticated!

Cell phone calls that come through the main switchboard have the cell phone's GPS coordinates attached to the number. This is usually accurate within 5 meters. It's hit or miss with trying to get a search warrant for cell phone records. Especially with those disposable 3rd party cell phones that piggy back on the major networks.

Agreed, I finally got caught up by watching the entire Season 4 BD over the weekend. No logos and no commercials either.:thumbsup:

Nice...how did you enjoy S4?

Anyone catch the Episode 502 preview yet? That look on Hank's face...

I caught that, too. While I think Gilligan needs Hank's character to maintain the moral balance and conflict, is it possible that Hank is capable of breaking bad as well?

I've heard some theorize that Hank's boss was in cahoots with Gus all along. Is it possible Hank wants his job and the chance to ascend as Walt has (if we can call it ascending) and is willing to do what ever is necessary?