is PEGULA the next owner of the Bills ?

papazoid

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont think it happens. he just said in the presser he has not thought about the bills. i'm sure somebody in his group or with the team told him the bills question would come up and his answer is "i really have not thought about it". at least tommy g openly stated if the bills were going to leave his interest could increase.

seems to me that pegula loves hockey and the sabres which could turn out great for us.

i'd rather hold out hope that there is a billion dollar man that feels the same about the bills and would step up when the time comes.

Edited by loyal2dagame

To even ask him that question was terrible on the part of Scott Brown from Channel 2. Here is a guy saying things that, as a Sabres' fan, had me believing I was having a wet dream. Only in Buffalo could we then say, "Yeah, this is great, but will you save the Bills, too?"

Bush league.

But what a day to be a Sabres' fan!

when have we ever heard this stuff as Buffalo sports fans?

"Starting today, the Buffalo Sabres' reason for existence will be to win the Stanley Cup." -- New Sabres' owner Terry Pegula

"There is no salary cap in the National Hockey League on scouting budgets and player-development budgets," said Pegula.

We will aspire to be the best in the League at finding, developing and keeping our players in their new Buffalo Sabre family."

"Darcy (Regier, GM) will run a hockey department that I have previously said will have no financial mandates," said Pegula. "We're cutting the chains off and he's free to run with whatever he wants to do with scouting, player development, working with Lindy (Ruff, coach) and the coaches. We're going to pour some resources into that area of the team."

"If I want to make some money, I'll go drill a gas well," said Pegula, who became a billionaire in the natural gas market. "We're not in this to save money."

"Starting today, the Buffalo Sabres' reason for existence will be to win the Stanley Cup." -- New Sabres' owner Terry Pegula

"There is no salary cap in the National Hockey League on scouting budgets and player-development budgets," said Pegula.

We will aspire to be the best in the League at finding, developing and keeping our players in their new Buffalo Sabre family."

"Darcy (Regier, GM) will run a hockey department that I have previously said will have no financial mandates," said Pegula. "We're cutting the chains off and he's free to run with whatever he wants to do with scouting, player development, working with Lindy (Ruff, coach) and the coaches. We're going to pour some resources into that area of the team."

"If I want to make some money, I'll go drill a gas well," said Pegula, who became a billionaire in the natural gas market. "We're not in this to save money."

I was just going to post that. Man, how great is that!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW! I'm a casual hockey observer until the playoffs start. Would be nice to see the Sabres back at the top. I love to hear this from an owner. It's a big market outlook. Hopefully, the Bills get this from whoever is next.

Edited by purple haze

Wow, I hope this dude buys the Bills! Hopefully its not just more smoke up my arse.

I have always wondered why all NFL teams don’t feel this way. There is no cap limit on the scouting dept – and we all know the best teams draft the best. So why not employ double or triple the number of scouts that any other team employs? Why not pay double the salary that any other team would pay for a scout – to ensure that the best come and work for you. The SEC is so dominant, why not have a team of scouts whose only job is to dissect the SEC talent? Hell, you could honestly have 1 scout attend every single Alabama practice and game that team is so stacked with NFL talent. Employ a whole team of scouts to scourer the small schools and AA schools (this is the only thing the current bills scouts are good at, so keep their entire dept in tact as-is, but only let them scout the South Central Louisiana State Universities of the world rather than every player). Do the same thing with Pro Personnel. There are 8 conferences, get 1 guy for each conference with 1 head of the dept. If I owned the team I would spend 5x the money and employ 5x the scouts as any other team in the league on scouts for both college and the NFL. Hell, I would even get scouts to watch the CFL and UFL so I could find the next Cameron Wake/Tommy Maddox.

And what about recruiting? The NFL recruits Undrafted Rookies and Free Agents – why not have the best locker room, the best training room, the best everything – spare no expense. Big time colleges dwarf the NFL in that regard. Some teams (the Bungals) don’t even have an indoor facility! Meanwhile multiple HIGH SCHOOL teams in Cincinnati have indoor facilities! When the teams went to Dallas for the SB, and had to practice inside bc of the weather, they were quoted as saying the facilities were nicer at the High Schools than at their own facility! What a joke.

Didn't get to listen to it yet, but from what I have read...this is about as exciting as it gets for a Buffalo sports fan...an owner openly stating that he only wants to win...I am sure people will be pissed that Darcy is still a part of the plan, but, honeslty, I don't think Rieger has really been the problem.

Great day for the Sabres, since at the very least, it means they stay in Buffalo while Pegula's alive (he's 60).

That being said, the trade deadline is in less than 6 days. Get cracking on making some trades to get the Sabres into the playoffs!