Ran into Aaron Maybin last night

Estelle Getty

Does Aaron Maybin have what it takes to become one of the NFL’s premier defensive players?

Your comments please

You sure do ask a lot of question 'round here. :nana:

In what regards? Physically, Maybin has the tools, the body is a little small and light, but it is there. Mentally, it is hard to say because we have seen so little. He seems to be maturing, he seems to be "getting it". However, from reports, he does not understand football. His skill set is average, at best, with his room for improvement seemingly tapped. He played to his highest potential in college, it would appear and has nothing more to improve upon.

In short, his limitted football intelligence, his lack of progression to transition in the NFL, and his shortcomings improving his physical size have to make me believe that there is not much hope for Maybin. I truly hope I am wrong, I never want to count anyone out and maybe this kid will show us something...then again...Maybinot.

Does Aaron Maybin have what it takes to become one of the NFL’s premier defensive players?

Your comments please

The premier players show some potential and promise their first couple of years in the league. Maybin has not shown anything.

Maybin didnwill be out of the league by this time next year, he would actually be able to last that long.

The fact remains that Maybin didnt show anything in college to justify a 5th round draft selection let alone a top 10 one. He was never good and was a bust the second he declared.

Your comments please

Is this a serious question?

The real question should be, "Does Aaron Maybin have what it takes to become an NFL player?"

Maybin certainly has what it takes to be a premier waste of a draft pick. First round picks don't sit the bench unless there is something seriously wrong... he'll be out of the league in less than a year.

BTW - Hasn't this been discussed about a million times already on this board?