breakdown of Dareus' bowl game

FluffHead

I thought this was well done. Hopefully they do this for some other prospects as well.

http://www.mockingth...s-dt-de-alabama

Thanks for posting!

I watched this game and DVR'd it (or so I thought).

Later on I couldn't find it but I remember two things about the performance.

Dareus was dominating and exhibited elite physical skills. I was blown away watching him in this game.

Secondly that he was platooned quite a bit (Bama must have ridiculous talent and depth everywhere) so he didn't get as many snaps as thought he would.

I know a lot of draft ratings have Dareus below Bowers but from what I've seen from all the players, I would put him above Bowers and neck and neck with Fairley.

Again, thanks for posting. There is almost no Dareus material on YouTube. This was great.

if we could trade down 3-4 spots and pickup an extra 2nd this would be a great deal to get some talent on this team. say the browns love aj green and would give us their 1st and 2nd for the 3rd pick and we still get dareus while giving us an extra 2nd to get another lb or right tackle.

I've seen Bama a bunch but never really focused on him. For some reason, I thought he seems like Tyson Jackson. Solid player but nothing amazing. You can do much worse but not really a homerrun @ #3.

So to the fans who know more about Dareus, how does he compare to Jackson? More upside?

Actually....watching him play reminds me of a YOUNG Marcus Stroud....not the guy we have now that should be cut loose but the guy back when he was a legit pro bowler......

I have said it before and I will say it now.....I dont know if 3 is too high but he to me is a CANT MISS player

I wish I could find a way to trade down a couple of spots....pick up an additional 2nd.....and take him in the 5-7 range......he is just what this defense needs

if we could trade down 3-4 spots and pickup an extra 2nd this would be a great deal to get some talent on this team. say the browns love aj green and would give us their 1st and 2nd for the 3rd pick and we still get dareus while giving us an extra 2nd to get another lb or right tackle.

Don't let the pre-draft rankings fool you, after the combine and other workouts, Dareus will likely be picked in the top five.

I've seen Bama a bunch but never really focused on him. For some reason, I thought he seems like Tyson Jackson. Solid player but nothing amazing. You can do much worse but not really a homerrun @ #3.

So to the fans who know more about Dareus, how does he compare to Jackson? More upside?

For what it's worth http://draftace.com/blog/tag/marcell-dareus/ compares Dareus to Ty Warren, who ironically was the "player" we ultimately traded Drew Bledsoe for. As Warren's been a very good player in New England and while think the Bills could use someone like him we'd be better off trading down and acquiring more picks if that's what looking to go for. As yes our rush defense has been God awful the last two seasons, so if we stick at pick #3, I think we need a legitimate pass rusher and to me that's why we might want to consider taking Robert Quinn instead. As the Bills need someone to fill the James Harrison/Clay Matthews role if we except to have a successful 3-4 next year. I've heard people claim that Woodley is a guy to go after but let's be honest in recent years we're more apt to land a guy like Ben Leber or Matt Roth in free agency.

Edited by The Jokeman

That is a pretty good write up. I likes like he would be best suited as a 3 tech but could also excell as a 5 tech in a 34.

I cant believe they didnt show more running plays though. That always struck me as the weakness in Dareus's game were as I feel its tha strength of Bowers/Fairley's game.