Bud Adams says Vince Young will not be on the team next year

boyst

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

PFT just reporting that VY is to be traded (likely on the cheap) or released.

Can Chan be the guy to be a proper mentor to him and help him be successful consistently in this league without losing it periodically? His talent and ability to win games are undeniable.

PFT

I think if we could pick him up on the cheap and let him compete with Fitzpatrick that would be a good move. Also, avoids the chances of us picking up Newton, who I'm scared that the Bills will draft with the thrid overall pick.

No interest in VY under any circumstances.

Fisher...you would think this means he'll be back.

Please don't look this up...I'm really interested in everyone's answers without googling...

Fisher has been the HC of the Oilers/Titans for 16 full seasons. How many times did his teams make the playoffs?

Please don't look this up...I'm really interested in everyone's answers without googling...

Fisher has been the HC of the Oilers/Titans for 16 full seasons. How many times did his teams make the playoffs?

I want to say twice pretty confidently, but I believe it was only 1 time.

I am pretty sure he only has 3 wins.

Edited by jboyst62

The off-season has started. Some here want Vince Young?? Anyone pay attention to the NFL at all?

It's not that they desperately want him, but the thought of getting an ex pro bowl QB on the cheap is a little exciting. Plus, maybe a change of scenery could be good for him.

I'm very interested. Vince seems to be the kind of QB that Coach Gailey could do great things with. A little whacky maybe, but we'd still have Fitz. I'm thinking a change in scenery may be just what he needs. If he's cut, I'd send a limo to the Titans practice field to pick him up. If they want to trade him, I'd open up negotiations. Use those high draft picks for DEFENSE.

Edited by reddogblitz

The off-season has started. Some here want Vince Young?? Anyone pay attention to the NFL at all?

Isn't discussing topics like this the reason for this board? Perhaps we should go back to discussing how cheap Ralph is, how badly the team suck or new uniforms.

Take a second to think about it - how many people on here clamored that they didn't want Vick when he was available, that he was a bad player anyway and not worth the trouble? Yea, I pay attention to the NFL, second chances on the cheap with little to lose for the team that takes the risk seem to work out brilliantly from time to time.

He's also lazy and seems fairly stupid. So there's that.

PFT just reporting that VY is to be traded (likely on the cheap) or released.

Can Chan be the guy to be a proper mentor to him and help him be successful consistently in this league without losing it periodically? His talent and ability to win games are undeniable.

PFT

5?

If they drop him off I'll scoop him for free or like a 7 but thats about it (cuz we know they gon drop him already).... If he gets his head on straight he'll be a great addition. If anybody thinks Fitzpatrick is better than VY I got a Hot Chocolate shop on the moon for sale, I'll let it go for cheap...

Edited by ReturnoftheBuffaloBeast23

Isn't discussing topics like this the reason for this board? Perhaps we should go back to discussing how cheap Ralph is, how badly the team suck or new uniforms.

Take a second to think about it - how many people on here clamored that they didn't want Vick when he was available, that he was a bad player anyway and not worth the trouble? Yea, I pay attention to the NFL, second chances on the cheap with little to lose for the team that takes the risk seem to work out brilliantly from time to time.

Didn't say anything about not discussing topics. I just really disagree about Young. He has had so many problems lately...walks out on the team, pouts, cries and acts immature. There's a reason the Titans don't want him.

If they drop him off I'll scoop him for free or like a 7 but thats about it (cuz we know they gon drop him already).... If he gets his head on straight he'll be a great addition. If anybody thinks Fitzpatrick is better than VY I got a Hot Chocolate shop on the moon for sale, I'll let it go for cheap...

You are entirely confused.

Fitz is better then VY. VY may offer more potential but Fitz is not done reaching the top. He is much smarter then VY, much more able to adapt, faster, every bit as young as Fitz.

VY has a Heisman, BFD. He came out hyped, played on a team that was loaded with talent and played above his abilities young. Since mid '07 he has done nothing and that is too long. If he had a good '09 season I'd say we should take a chance.

The guy is a headcase and has not been able to perform for any more than small stretches of time. 39 starts in 5 years. 42 TD/42 INT.

Take him for a 6th round pick and vet minimum salary plus incentives? Sure. But let's not fall for the fantasy that there is a #3 overall pick just waiting to spring out of this guy. Just because Vick rose from the ashes doesn't mean every disaster story is going to have the same happy ending.

Wait for Young to be released, then trade Fitz to the Titans for some picks. Then trade those picks, plus the Bills 1st & 3rd rounders, and first next year, to Carolina & draft Luck.

Or

Sign VY, trade Fitz & above picks to Carolina for #1!

(But for the record, I'd rather have Fitz than VY!)

Edited by Kettle Creek Football

I think if we could pick him up on the cheap and let him compete with Fitzpatrick that would be a good move. Also, avoids the chances of us picking up Newton, who I'm scared that the Bills will draft with the thrid overall pick.

You're talking cheap with what we'd have to trade, but he'd cost us 8.5 mil plus a 4+ mil roster bonus. Not very cheap. Definitely would have to wait until he was released.

Edited by buffaloaggie

You're talking cheap with what we'd have to trade, but he'd cost us 8.5 mil plus a 4+ mil roster bonus. Not very cheap. Definitely would have to wait until he was released.

No, that's what I meant, pick him up for cheap not really affecting our salary cap.

Fitz is better then VY. VY may offer more potential but Fitz is not done reaching the top. He is much smarter then VY, much more able to adapt, faster, every bit as young as Fitz.

VY has a Heisman, BFD. He came out hyped, played on a team that was loaded with talent and played above his abilities young. Since mid '07 he has done nothing and that is too long. If he had a good '09 season I'd say we should take a chance.

You must be a martian to say Fitz is better than VY, but hey everybody has there own opinion... Physically abilities all go to VY but mental goes to Fitz but you can teach the mental you can't teach physical either you have it or you don't... And what has Fitz won? Don't worry I'll wait!!!

like 4 or 5 maybe? There was the super bowl...the 13-3 season a couple back...I know they lost to the pats one year and went to the championships another. They lost the wildcard to the chargers a few years back. That's all I remember off the top of the head...couple be missing a couple though

You must be a martian to say Fitz is better than VY, but hey everybody has there own opinion... Physically abilities all go to VY but mental goes to Fitz but you can teach the mental you can't teach physical either you have it or you don't... And what has Fitz won? Don't worry I'll wait!!!

Actually if a player is really stupid yu cant teach the mental

i think it's worth looking into.....it would absolutely be an upgrade over Brohm and Levi Brown. probably could get him for a 4th.....assuming we don't get Luck....i'm not sure any other QB is worth the third overall. but i also think that you will see five QB's go in first round and i doubt a good one will be there for us in second round. it would free the Bills up to go defense with the #3 overall pick and the #34 overall (second rounder).

Vince Young's QB rating this year was 98.6

which if he had enough games to qualify would make him the 5th highest rated passer in the league.

his physical skills are undeniable.....his weakness is intelligence.....coach him up. he obviously does not know how to handle not being the starter, which is what got him in trouble with fisher. that comes with maturity. i doubt he would want to come to buffalo to be a backup next year with so many other teams looking for a starter. but it's worth exploring.

I am not going to pull up stats, I can see it will get no where.

You are saying it is easier to teach someone to be smart instead of train someone to get stronger? VY may not have got a 6 on the Wunderlic, but he is no genius. I remember an article years ago that all successful QB's have a higher then average score. That's ALL, as in ALL. The greatest QB's had over 30 if I remember right, one had a 25 but he was not of the "best." Fitz doesn't need to have a cannon of an arm as long as he can put the ball in the right place. No NFL QB needs to throw a ball over 20 yards to be successful. A 10 yard passing QB is more important then a 40 yard.

ps: Fitz is no weakling.

Stopped here, before even reading another guess and I am going to guess 4.

You can work out and improve your physical attributes more easily than you can study your way to a higher IQ. And I don't care how often Vince Young drags his ass (and knuckles) into the film room, he's never going to excel at dissecting defenses, and he's still going to be emotionally unstable.

Vince is a better football player than Fitz with more upside. This isn't even debatable. The question is how much baggage is he carrying.

We really do not know. I don't trust coaches that blast players in the media any more than I trust players that blast coaches in the media, both sides can be full of it. Shanahan is a good example of this. Your statement about Fitz being smarter is funny. I'm not sure what that is suppose to mean. Is Fitz smarter than Jim Kelly, Dan Marino, Tom Brady, Peyton Manning? If Fitz was so able adapt and be faster and so intelligent why was he ever cut from the Rams or Bengals? I don't remember Kelly, Marino, Brady and Manning ever being cut and they don't seem like Harvard material.

The fact of the matter is Fitz is a good backup and better than the garbage we have had in a few years. Keep in mind the Bills have only scored more than 20 points in 4 games this year. That sucks. We still need a starter. If Nix and Gailey can bring someone in to put points on the board and win games then more power to them.

Personally I hope Carolina picks him up but let's not get silly on our assessment of Fitz.

Edited by VADC Bills

I don't think it's been that many. I'd guess 4.