Jets player/trainer cheapshot on punt

ofiba

Anyone watching the Jets/Dolphins game? The Dolphins punted and one of the gunners was pushed out of bounds and running full speed down the sideline. There was what I assume was a Jets player dressed in street clothes standing on the sidelines. As the Dolphin passed, the Jet deliberately stuck his knee out and made contact with the Dolphin player's upper knee/lower thigh. The Dolphin's player was injured on the play. Real gutsy of the Jets player to do on the sidelines in street clothes.

I'm sure there will be video of it out soon.

Edited by ofiba

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it's a player it should be a substantial fine/ suspension and if its an employee he should be fired. That is worse than any helmet to helmet hit.

So if its just a poor schmuck employee he should lose his job--and have his resume screwed up for 15 yrs while he looks for work---and the player should just get a fine/suspension??? Hmmmm.

How about suspending the guy(if its a non-player) for a long while without pay--and let him earn his way back.

Not defending the j*****ff employeee--just objecting to the unequal punishment that will likely come from a regular joe employeee vs a player.

Big deal. So the guy got a little chip as he was running down the sidelines.

You could look at it that he was on someone else's turf. Clearly, he was running down the out of bounds line. Stay in the field of play if you don't want to worry about anyone giving you a noogie.

It's a tough game for tough men. Quit yer cryin' already.

You could look at it that he was on someone else's turf. Clearly, he was running down the out of bounds line. Stay in the field of play if you don't want to worry about anyone giving you a noogie.

This could have ended his career.

I wonder if the Jets coach would have done the same thing if he actually had to suit up and play after the cheap shot.

I used to like the Jets when they had Pennington and Mangini.

Wrecks Ryan and Co. are basically a bunch of dirt bags. Suckchez is a huge bust and their defence is old and tired and the great thing is they have drafted nobody worthwhile in the the last 3 years. They will spiral down into mediocrity over the next 5 years. The jets aren't a football team - they are a collection of names - LT, Jason Taylor, Braylon, Santonio "Wake and Bake" Holmes, Cromartie, the list goes on and on.

Jets fans will tell you to treat them as if they hadn't declared they are the "soon to be champs", because "every team thinks they are the best they just don't vocalize it". That's BS. In the real world...if you talk the talk but don't walk the walk there will be hell to pay.

Anyone watching the Jets/Dolphins game? The Dolphins punted and one of the gunners was pushed out of bounds and running full speed down the sideline. There was what I assume was a Jets player dressed in street clothes standing on the sidelines. As the Dolphin passed, the Jet deliberately stuck his knee out and made contact with the Dolphin player's upper knee/lower thigh. The Dolphin's player was injured on the play. Real gutsy of the Jets player to do on the sidelines in street clothes.

I'm sure there will be video of it out soon.

They showed a replay on SNF halftime show. At a minimum there should be a fine. That was way outta line.

Oh yeah, taking out a players knees and possibly ending their career is what we call a "noogie" :rolleyes:.

I guess to you an indian burn would be trying to break someone's neck?

Incidental contact.. looks fine to me

guess I was wrong:

The Jets just released a statement from a contrite-sounding Sal Alosi:

I made a mistake that showed a total lapse in judgment. My conduct was inexcusable and unsportsmanlike and does not reflect what this organization stands for. I spoke to Coach Sparano and Nolan Carroll to apologize before they took off. I have also apologized to Woody, Mike and Rex. I accept responsibility for my actions as well as any punishment that follows.