Easley's condition might be season ending

I can't believe this group isn't bashing Chan for what seems to be a pretty lame comment:

When asked about Easley's condition Gailey said they are coming close to making a decision on the wide out's knee. When asked if it could be season ending, Chan didn't close the door: "It may be, I don't know. We'll have to wait and see."

I mean, how can they be close to making a decision on Easley and Chan not know if it COULD be season ending?

I can't believe this group isn't bashing Chan for what seems to be a pretty lame comment:

I mean, how can they be close to making a decision on Easley and Chan not know if it COULD be season ending?

That quote was from an after practice last week (I think). Sounds like Chan being Chan to me - he plays his injury cards pretty close to the chest...

Don't worry it gets better (from WRGZ's Twitter): "WR James Hardy leaves practice late with indisclosed injury - Gailey says not serious."

That quote was from an after practice last week (I think). Sounds like Chan being Chan to me - he plays his injury cards pretty close to the chest...

Don't worry it gets better (from WRGZ's Twitter): "WR James Hardy leaves practice late with indisclosed injury - Gailey says not serious."

Wait. If that was the situation from the day he left practice, there is no news here. (And my apologies to Chan for an 'illegal break of the balls'.) But it is positioned here as something that has recently happened (including the comment).

it looks like it was from today, from bb.com

The news was not good for Marcus Easley Tuesday. Though a final determination on his immediate future has not been decided, head coach Chan Gailey painted a grim picture for the rookie receiver’s availability.

“We’re in the process of making the final decision in the next day or so about what direction that thing is going to go,” said Gailey. ”But I would say longer rather than shorter.”

When asked if Easley’s injury could be season ending, Gailey gave the following response.

“It may be. I don’t know,” he said. ”We’ll have to wait and see. I need to get the final say so on that.”

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2010/08/10/e...lf-for-a-while/

it looks like it was from today, from bb.com

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2010/08/10/e...lf-for-a-while/

looks like Chan is thinking of red-shirting Easley to save his eligibility

why else even consider putting the kid out for the season before even 1 pre-season game is played.

sounds like what they did the prior 3 years with guys that would be out a few weeks

Amazing. Easley, Wang and Batten are all sidelined. Half of the draft class. Wtf?

As always, it'll be like we have "twice the draft!" next year, what with all the guys coming back off injury :thumbsup:

Um, did Chan just say that the starters might play a little longer than they normally would, Friday? Sweeeeeeet...

So, it doesn't look like taking the TVs out of the weight room, doing more squats, practicing more with pads, adding knee braces to the OL or hiring 2 strength and conditioning coaches is doing very much to reduce injuries. I'm not criticizing. At least the Bills are trying something but what is the answer here? It's very frustrating.

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2010/8/10/...sleys-condition

I guess the Bills can't catch a break when it comes to injuries. If Easley goes on IR, then Hardy will likely stay on the team.

I would not bet on Hardy sticking. I think David Nelson, Higgins or Roosevelt still have a leg up.

PTR

So, it doesn't look like taking the TVs out of the weight room, doing more squats, practicing more with pads, adding knee braces to the OL or hiring 2 strength and conditioning coaches is doing very much to reduce injuries. I'm not criticizing. At least the Bills are trying something but what is the answer here? It's very frustrating.

I don't think there is much of an answer. But I do think that one off season isn't enough to change it completly. I am just hoping in the long run, there are less injuries. There are some that are just unavoidable, like wood's. But hopefully injuries don't kills us like they have recently. And as far as this offseason goes, the phins and denver have had it way worse than us.

I thought two a days were supposed to make the team tougher and less injury prone???

As a fourth round pick he was virtually assured a spot on the team and not the PS. Best case scenario may be the PUP list which would give him a chance to come back late in the season when they are out of the playoff picture.

If Hardy doesn't make it now he is really a bust and Chan might have big things planned for Roscoe.

I might be in the minority here, but aren't injuries a part of football? whats all the fuss about? i think the broncos or ravens have more to complain about in terms of injuries. no matter how many 2 a days or padded practices you do, injuries are going to occur. the solution is to try to limit the amount of injuries that happen or have great depth. yes easley could eventually develop into a great receivers, but are we so certain that was gonna happen this year? he was a project. we are lucky that most of the injuries are occuring to our back ups and not starters.

When they say he's done for the year, I don't think they mean his knee is torn up. Easley would probably be ready a few weeks into the regular season but maybe Chan is thinking that they stash him on IR for the year instead of wait for him to heal? What are the different lists you can go on? IR? PUP? etc...

PTR

Kilgore reported on the air he is done for the season.

That sucks. While he may not have been a starter, I was confident that he'd earn some tosses part way into the season. Any news on Felton Huggins' shoulder injury? If that turns out to be lengthy, as well, then now down to 8 receivers competing for 5 or 6 roster spots instead of 10. Hope the others can remain healthy.

Kilgore reported on the air he is done for the season.

Well at least we have a promising receiver for next season. In the meantime another young fellow gets his chance to shine and show us what he has. I hope he makes the most of it, whoever he is.

This probably saves Hardy

I've been optimistic about Hardy for a while and have really wanted him to click and begin to succeed. Another poster (sorry can't recall at the moment who) stated that Moulds came to camp once and tried fixing some of Hardy's faults. But then Hardy went on to continue with his previous bad habits. Perhaps he has a hard time learning? I'm starting to think that maybe he has just relied on his talent alone and isn't one of those guys that can learn easily and pick up things such as routes and reading the D.

Please Hardy, prove me wrong. I want this guy to succeed but i'm not too optimistic about him as in the past.

Well anyway maybe someone else will grab hold of this opportunity and not let go and run with it. Carpe Diem! or die trying.

Very disappointing but it is no surprise to me. Injuries are part of the game whether its training camp, pre season, regular season, and or the playoffs. We are not the only team suffering injuries. Look at Denver and Pittsburg to name a few. It is impossibly to predict who will get injuried. However, it is safe to say we will have more injuries. Quite possible to some of our key players. Thats where I get nervous because the depth of this team IMHO is pretty thin. Not sure if a fan can accounts for injuries when evaluating an upcoming season? In order for us to have any chance this season we must avoid the "injury bug."

That sucks he could have been a special teams ace for us this upcoming year he wouldn't have made too much of an impact as a WR but as a ST guy he could have been nice.

Well said. It hurts to miss any time but he likely wasn't going to be a major factor on offense this year anyways. While I'm not confident that our QBs can get them the ball, I think we have a pretty solid group of receivers.

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2010/8/10/...sleys-condition

I guess the Bills can't catch a break when it comes to injuries. If Easley goes on IR, then Hardy will likely stay on the team.

Oh, man, that's depressing. I didn't expect much from him this year, but being there all year and learning would have helped him a lot for the future.

I hope he's OK.

While I'm not confident that our QBs can get them the ball, I think we have a pretty solid group of receivers.

You do? Seriously? Wow, well, we'll have to agree to disagree on that. After Lee Evans, I don't see a lot of talent, though there are a few guys who might develop over time and with the right opportunities.

I've been optimistic about Hardy for a while and have really wanted him to click and begin to succeed. Another poster (sorry can't recall at the moment who) stated that Moulds came to camp once and tried fixing some of Hardy's faults. But then Hardy went on to continue with his previous bad habits. Perhaps he has a hard time learning? I'm starting to think that maybe he has just relied on his talent alone and isn't one of those guys that can learn easily and pick up things such as routes and reading the D.

Please Hardy, prove me wrong. I want this guy to succeed but i'm not too optimistic about him as in the past.

Well anyway maybe someone else will grab hold of this opportunity and not let go and run with it. Carpe Diem! or die trying.

Moulds' last year in Buffalo was 2005, well before we drafted Hardy. Could you mean someone else?

It would be good to see if his light goes on.

Some injuries are part of the game. It's just when the level is consistently high for a long time that you have to start asking questions.

And assuming that the new S&C staff is really good, it will take a year or so in the program for the players to see major differences. It's only been three months or so, and the gains from good training and conditioning are cumulative. It will take time.