Which Bills QB is most popular amongst fans right now?

MClem06

199 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you pick to run the team in 2010?

• Trent Edwards
    • Ryan Fitzpatrick
    • Brian Brohm
    • Levi Brown

Idk Mclem...all votes would be based on deep bias one way or the other seeing as how it isn't even training camp yet. We have no way of knowing who will come closest to realizing their true potential at least until after training camp/preseason games.

I personally think it would be more prudent to judge our QB's come preseason.

Idk Mclem...all votes would be based on deep bias one way or the other seeing as how it isn't even training camp yet. We have no way of knowing who will come closest to realizing their true potential at least until after training camp/preseason games.

I personally think it would be more prudent to judge our QB's come preseason.

I agree with you based on a talent standpoint but I wanted to see what the popular choice was of the fans not based on statistics.

Popular? I'd say Levi Brown since he hasn't screwed up anything yet and is all potential. Oh, who would I want to start given the very little information available and the uncertainty ahead? That's different. ...Brohm? I'd like to see for myself how he performs. Right now I give him the edge over Trent because I want to see more of him.

Fitzpatrick seems to have the right mental side, but I'm not convinced he can get it where he's thinking. For Trent I think he's physically fine, but I'm not convinced on the mental side. I'm 1-2 Deer-in-headlights games from writing him off. Brown... well I'm not down on him in any way, except NFL experience.

Out of the four choices, I had to choose Edwards, just because he has the best possibility of becoming a serviceable NFL quarterback. Not alot to choose from really, but he would be my choice because I am tired of losing and developing quarterbacks.

Out of the four choices, I had to choose Edwards, just because he has the best possibility of becoming a serviceable NFL quarterback. Not alot to choose from really, but he would be my choice because I am tired of losing and developing quarterbacks.

Same here. I am very curious, long term, about Levi Brown so I am anxious to see how he plays in preseason. I think Brohm is a real long shot to be any better than Trent. I like Fitz's attitude but he just doesn't have the arm or accuracy to be an NFL starter. That leaves Trent who really has been saddled with a terrible offense in general and the line in particular. I can't say that I've given up all hope on him, not yet but soon if he goes back to the check downs.

Same here. I am very curious, long term, about Levi Brown so I am anxious to see how he plays in preseason. I think Brohm is a real long shot to be any better than Trent. I like Fitz's attitude but he just doesn't have the arm or accuracy to be an NFL starter. That leaves Trent who really has been saddled with a terrible offense in general and the line in particular. I can't say that I've given up all hope on him, not yet but soon if he goes back to the check downs.

+1

The one who has played the least. Nobody hates Levi Brown yet.

Actually, given the nature of the board, I bet there are some who do hate him already.

Well, how many games has he won? Show me the baby. And don't gimme any pitiful excuses like, "he hasn't played yet" or he "just needs a chance". Christ, how many excuses can you people make for this guy? Face it, he's a bust. That's why the Bills suck. Time to start over.

The one who has played the least. Nobody hates Levi Brown yet.

Actually, given the nature of the board, I bet there are some who do hate him already.

If not yet, then as soon as they find out he isn't a "fan" they will hate him for sure.

Well, how many games has he won? Show me the baby. And don't gimme any pitiful excuses like, "he hasn't played yet" or he "just needs a chance". Christ, how many excuses can you people make for this guy? Face it, he's a bust. That's why the Bills suck. Time to start over.

Count on Kelly the Totally Balanced and Sane Dog to bark sense. :flirt:

It has to be Brown or Brohm. Edwards is the least popular because as a a 3rd round pick, he hasn't lit the NFL on fire. Thus, we have to question his heart and come up with super cool nicknames like "Captain Checkdown" and "Trentative." Awesome.

nice excuse, so since hes a third rounder he has a right to royally suck for three seasons?? Oh and so a 4rth rounder should have how many seasons to suck? we call him those names because his play demanded it.

nice excuse, so since hes a third rounder he has a right to royally suck for three seasons?? Oh and so a 4rth rounder should have how many seasons to suck? we call him those names because his play demanded it.

He didn't "royally suck." He's been an average QB, who would be a good backup type. Much like Frank Reich. 3rd round Qbs aren't locks to become franchise QBs.

I really want Brohm to star, but I would take anyone but Fitz. Fitz isn't going to take us to the playoffs and the others have a better shot.

I almost said Brown, but I want to see what Brohm can do first. I think he can do it if he gets his confidence up. Iwould rather have a gunslinger than a guy who is afraid to take chances.

WOW -- where did all of the Fitz fans go to?

I'm here and put my vote towards Fitz. True, he isn't that great of a passer, but he is leader, is football smart, and can make stuff happen, and he can play in a blizzard, all of which more important. Just look at the 2 Buffalo Bills records he holds, longest TD pass (98 yards) and longest run from scrimmage for a TD by QB (31). He got these because he executed and was willing to go for the jugular as opposed to a 2 yard pass to the RB.

And with Fitz under center, with the same team, same OL, same D, the Bills were 4-5. With the other guys 2-5. Winning is what counts, not tight spirals and a strong arm and "upside".

For those thinking Edwards is the most popular, remember when he came in the last game he played in and he got booed the second he hit the field? Remember the cheers when he went down?

Outside of a very vocal few on this board, I don't think by any stretch of the immagination that the Fanbase as a whole wants to see this guy again. How the Bills think they will sell him to the fanbase is beyond me.

Wanted to get a count on popular opinion on this. Not so that we can start up a debate on who is better but just to gauge popularity amongst fans.

No option to select the Chorisen One? biased poll, this is.

Agreed. Give this guy a full season to see what he can do, we know the other two former starters suck.

give my boy Edwards two years in a row with the same playbook, and an offensive line that isnt an abortion.........then say he sucks

For those thinking Edwards is the most popular, remember when he came in the last game he played in and he got booed the second he hit the field? Remember the cheers when he went down?

Outside of a very vocal few on this board, I don't think by any stretch of the immagination that the Fanbase as a whole wants to see this guy again. How the Bills think they will sell him to the fanbase is beyond me.

There is a certain "element" of our fan base that like to cheer when one of our QBs gets hurt. They also did it with Rob Johnson. I have no use for these people.

I remember when I was at Giants Stadium to watch the Bills and Giants. A vocal group of Giants fans cheered when Kelly got hurt. I thought it was awful then and even worse when I heard our own "fans" cheer when Rob Johnson got hurt.

Again, I have absolutely no use for these "fans." I don't care who the player is or which team he plays for (but especially a player on your own team) -- you don't cheer when a player gets hurt.

Do you think the HC or any coach considers what the moronic fanbase thinks? A qb can be booed walking onto the field. The same qb would be exalted if a long TD pass was completed.

Do you ever read some of the lunatic rants on this board coming from members of the fanbase? Do you ever hear on the radio some of the insanely illogical comments coming from a sports raidio callers who again make up the fanbase.

When Trent Edwards wins the starting qb job you are going to go crazy. I look forward to that day. :w00t:

You could give him 20 years, he is still gonna suck.

C'mon Darth. I think the Bills are "Edwardian" this year. It's going to be Trent. You have a whole season to work through the stages:

Denial and Isolation. "No way it's Trent....no F'ing way! "It will never happen. Hell, we'll get Brady Quinn...."

Anger. "Buddy and Chan are F'ing idiots....they lost again.....I told you so.....Can't anyone see but me? I HATE THIS!!!!"

Bargaining. "I know, they're just starting Trent so they suck and get to pick #1 next year...get a real franchaise QB!"

Depression. "Oh dear God...it's not a joke.....he's our #1 QB. Sweet Jesus I can't face Sundays....why does the light hurt my eyes and the days feel so long..... every Sunday the downward spiral starts at daybreak. Must read Jerry Sullivan!!"

Acceptance. "Umm, we won a game and Trent threw for 280 yards, 2 TDS and no picks....I, I guess that's good...wait, no, it is good! We won three in a row.....just breathe"

And before you know it, the long WNY nightmare will be over......It's a long season and you can work through this!!!!

I picked Fitz as I think he's pretty underrated. not great by any means, but certainly underrated. Real choice is none of the above, but I've never really understood the prevailing fascination with the boring failure that is Trent Edwards...and the other two haven't really done anything. So really it's two question marks, Fitz and a guy who spends most of his life on the DL (It's the offensive line!!! I know I know, shut up).