New QB possibility? Free agent to be

"Coach Josh McDaniels is leaning toward keeping only two quarterbacks active on game days this season.

Activating a third QB would "put us behind the eight ball at other spots," explained McDaniels. The Broncos will want Tim Tebow active for situational work, so Brady Quinn will likely be the odd man out." (Per ESPN + Rotoworld)

What do you guys think of Quinn? I'm thinking Buffalo is going to be the first place he looks. Love to see them cut Fitzpatrick and snag Quinn. Another option can't be bad if the starter falls on his face. More competition in the mean time.

Also I'm a little surprised Josh McCown is still a free agent. He showed some athleticism and a big arm when he started in AZ a few years back. He's a better version of Tyler Thigpen, in my opinion. With Gailey, I think he could play pretty well. Especially by comparison to what we've seen lately.

I still dont knwo why they didnt try to trade for Quinn in the first place. Wasnt it a 5th in 2010 and a 6th in 2011? Thats a small price for a good Qb who never got a fair shot in Cleveland. When I watched Cle games, I saw a whole lot of problems (just like our Bills unfortunately) but I never thought Quinn was one of them.

If he is not on the actiev roster, does that mean he is on the PS? How often can a guy just be inactive? That would be wonderful to grad him for nothing.

Actually, I think Quinn probably is better than Edwards or Fitzpatrick. The question really is: is Quinn a legit starting NFL QB?

I think he may be, but I'm likely in the minority.

They won't even attempt to put him on the practice squad, they'd just let him loose. It looks like it's just a matter of time. We can thank the strange maneuverings of Josh McDaniels for this. No picks needed.

Buffalo's also also close as Quinn can get to is home state of Cleveland. Also the easiest looking job to steal when he begins his search for a new team. I'd like to see him and Brohm compete for the top spot.

They won't even attempt to put him on the practice squad, they'd just let him loose. It looks like it's just a matter of time. We can thank the strange maneuverings of Josh McDaniels for this. No picks needed.

Buffalo's also also close as Quinn can get to is home state of Cleveland. Also the easiest looking job to steal when he begins his search for a new team. I'd like to see him and Brohm compete for the top spot.

2 posts? You post this intelligent of a post in your second post? What the hell is wrong with you?

:huh:

Needless to say, I agree with you, for the most part.

While I'd stop short of saying that Quinn can't be a good starting QB, I would say that no other team

in the league thought that he was a legitimate candidate to become that based on the 5ht and 6th round

picks that Cleveland was able to land for him. If any team thought he had a good shot to be a competent

starter, there would have been better compensation for Cleveland.

Then, to add to that, the team that acquired Quinn turned around and traded a lot to move up and draft

Tim Tebow - no sure thing himself.

I'd say that the opinion around the league is that this guy is a try-hard backup QB that won't embarrass

you if he has to play, but isn't a winning starting QB, either. As bad as Trent Edwards has been, I think he

has shown more under equivalent hardships.

Im not even sure that Quinn would be the odd man out. Maybe they will trade Orton. I just dont think that they would just totally waste 2 picks to just let him go. Maybe it weill be Quinn, but I think it very well may be Orton that gets traded.

As somebody who follows the Browns as much as the Bills- NO FREAKIN WAY!!!!! He is terrible. Indecisive with the ball, can't handle pressure, has no arm or accuracy. I would prefer to bring back Jim Kelly- and I mean that!

"Coach Josh McDaniels is leaning toward keeping only two quarterbacks active on game days this season.

Activating a third QB would "put us behind the eight ball at other spots," explained McDaniels. The Broncos will want Tim Tebow active for situational work, so Brady Quinn will likely be the odd man out." (Per ESPN + Rotoworld)

What do you guys think of Quinn?....

I think the whole Tebow situation in Denver is hilarious. While I predicted Tebow should have been the Bills pick at number 9 overall, and everyone thought I was crazy, he now seems to be the front runner before training camp even starts, to win the starting job for another NFL team that did draft him in Round One. And to think I started to waver and just hope the Bills would grab him in the second round, after reading all the posts out here and in other publications at how Tebow would never make it at QB. Oops. Tebow was not around for the second roud was he......yes sir, Denver took him later in the first round.

Simply laughable. Yeah, that Tebow will need 4 years to figure out how to hold the football and where to release it from, right all of you "experts" out there?? Look for Tebow to be starting QB for the Broncos no later then half way through this season. And by then, with the way things go for the Bills at QB since Jimbo retired 13 freakin' years ago, our offensive geniuses who have taken over the Bills will most likely be benching Edwards and going onto their second choice also. The difference is the Broncos will be playing Tebow because I believe he will be their franchise QB for the next decade and will decide not to waste his entire rookie season. While Gailey will simply be benching Edwards because he will suck even trying to run his great offensive scheme, and Chan's second choice will not be the Bills Franchise QB, will he??

While I'd stop short of saying that Quinn can't be a good starting QB, I would say that no other team

in the league thought that he was a legitimate candidate to become that based on the 5ht and 6th round

picks that Cleveland was able to land for him. If any team thought he had a good shot to be a competent

starter, there would have been better compensation for Cleveland.

Then, to add to that, the team that acquired Quinn turned around and traded a lot to move up and draft

Tim Tebow - no sure thing himself.

I'd say that the opinion around the league is that this guy is a try-hard backup QB that won't embarrass

you if he has to play, but isn't a winning starting QB, either. As bad as Trent Edwards has been, I think he

has shown more under equivalent hardships.

BINGO. Especially considering that Jason got a better pick for the Redskins.

I still dont knwo why they didnt try to trade for Quinn in the first place. Wasnt it a 5th in 2010 and a 6th in 2011? Thats a high price for a QB who never did anything in the NFL except throw tight spirals with Subway meatball marinara subs. When I watched Cle games, I saw a whole lot of problems (just like our Bills unfortunately) but I never thought Quinn was one of them.

fixed.

PTR

As somebody who follows the Browns as much as the Bills- NO FREAKIN WAY!!!!! He is terrible. Indecisive with the ball, can't handle pressure, has no arm or accuracy. I would prefer to bring back Jim Kelly- and I mean that!

But he's from Notre Dame and Mel Kiper used to blow big-time smoke for him. Plus trading for him would buy us 5 minutes of fame on ESPN. But it would not do anything to improve our QB situation except muddle it further.

PTR

I think the whole Tebow situation in Denver is hilarious. While I predicted Tebow should have been the Bills pick at number 9 overall, and everyone thought I was crazy, he now seems to be the front runner before training camp even starts, to win the starting job for another NFL team that did draft him in Round One. And to think I started to waver and just hope the Bills would grab him in the second round, after reading all the posts out here and in other publications at how Tebow would never make it at QB. Oops. Tebow was not around for the second roud was he......yes sir, Denver took him later in the first round.

Simply laughable. Yeah, that Tebow will need 4 years to figure out how to hold the football and where to release it from, right all of you "experts" out there?? Look for Tebow to be starting QB for the Broncos no later then half way through this season. And by then, with the way things go for the Bills at QB since Jimbo retired 13 freakin' years ago, our offensive geniuses who have taken over the Bills will most likely be benching Edwards and going onto their second choice also. The difference is the Broncos will be playing Tebow because I believe he will be their franchise QB for the next decade and will decide not to waste his entire rookie season. While Gailey will simply be benching Edwards because he will suck even trying to run his great offensive scheme, and Chan's second choice will not be the Bills Franchise QB, will he??

Nice post Mrs. Tebow. I can see little Timmy in Canton now. Now Clausen....there's another HOF Buddy whiffed on... Oh and Colt...blah..blah...blah

Ahhh...yes, the great State of Cleveland......

I get where you are going though. Burger Queen is a decent QB that truly doesn't seem to have gotten a fair shake in Cleveland and now, if true, in Denver. That being said, his HC's have been Mangina (yes, it's intentional) and now" the dick in Denver". They aren't at the top of my "capable list" as head coaches go.

are you frickin serious Nostradamus?

....and we still think you're crazy.

I am a big Fitzie fan!! I am going on the record that he will have a good shot to be our starting QB this year. Not saying our offense will be great this year. But I think that we will be much improved, to at least watchable, and possibly good at times with Gailey leading us. I am interested to see who is the starter. It will be fun to watch. But I would be very surprised if Fitzie did not look solid and win the starting job.

I am a big Fitzie fan!! I am going on the record that he will have a good shot to be our starting QB this year. Not saying our offense will be great this year. But I think that we will be much improved, to at least watchable, and possibly good at times with Gailey leading us. I am interested to see who is the starter. It will be fun to watch. But I would be very surprised if Fitzie did not look solid and win the starting job.

let me go on the record and say the bills offense will be sick, next to unstoppable. seriously, no matter who is at qb, why you ask? because dick jauron is gone, .

What do you guys think of Quinn? I'm thinking Buffalo is going to be the first place he looks. Love to see them cut Fitzpatrick and snag Quinn. Another option can't be bad if the starter falls on his face. More competition in the mean time.

Also I'm a little surprised Josh McCown is still a free agent. He showed some athleticism and a big arm when he started in AZ a few years back. He's a better version of Tyler Thigpen, in my opinion. With Gailey, I think he could play pretty well. Especially by comparison to what we've seen lately.

This doesnt imply release, this implies he would be the emergency qb on gameday -- think kevin kolb being behind vick last year, or henne behind pat white..... tebow will have subpackages, but in case of injury quinn would likely be the first in

Uhhh, Quinn's not eligible for the practice squad.

Players cannot have played more than nine regular season games or been on the active roster for an entire year, nor can players be allowed to spend more than two seasons on the same team's squad unless that team's active roster never dips below 53 players.

And even if Quinn was eligible, does anyone think he'd accept being paid $5200/week (less than $90K per year) to be on the practice squad?

uuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, this doesn't mean Quinn will be released......

Chalk one up for reading comprehension. Thanks, Numark.

the broncos just traded for quinn this offseason, the chances of them re-trading him or releasing are minimal at best, besides he is not a good qb.
This doesnt imply release, this implies he would be the emergency qb on gameday -- think kevin kolb being behind vick last year, or henne behind pat white..... tebow will have subpackages, but in case of injury quinn would likely be the first in

Not saying he definitely won't be released…but I'd be willing to put money on it. And regardless, as the other guys pointed out, the article wasn't about Quinn being released.

Quinn? Why would we even consider him? What is wrong with our current QB roster? I have faith that Chan can make Edwards a great QB like he did with Thygpen and Stewart. Come on give the coaching staff a chance. Quinn is a bum and not an upgrade.

!!!!!!!!

Brady is one of the worst looking quarterbacks I have ever seen play in the NFL.

He cannot throw the ball down the field. Any time I have seen him try he has to give himself a full body wind up and looks more like a weak armed high school quarterback, or a man playing at a park with his family, than an NFL quarterback.

He cannot even throw short passes well, has little zip or touch and seems to not be able to read defenses.

Ridiculous idea, but probably will be supported by the 'throw the bum--TE--out' folks, the same ones who say Edwards cannot throw the ball down the field. But Edwards has a MUCH better arm than Quinn, in every respect.

!!!!!!!!

Brady is one of the worst looking quarterbacks I have ever seen play in the NFL.

He cannot throw the ball down the field. Any time I have seen him try he has to give himself a full body wind up and looks more like a weak armed high school quarterback, or a man playing at a park with his family, than an NFL quarterback.

He cannot even throw short passes well, has little zip or touch and seems to not be able to read defenses.

Ridiculous idea, but probably will be supported by the 'throw the bum--TE--out' folks, the same ones who say Edwards cannot throw the ball down the field. But Edwards has a MUCH better arm than Quinn, in every respect.

Good post and I concur. The real debate althought its moot would have been getting Jason Campbell. I know lots of you don't think highly of him for valid reasons. I happen to like the guy and think he would have been a solid upgrade in our QB spot. However, he probably isn't the long term answer and that's maybe why the team didn't pursue him. Personally, I would feel alot better about this season with him as our starting QB. I just keep having flashback of last years game against the Saints. He looked like an allstar QB. I know its just one game but I haven't gotton that type of feeling with any of our QBs since the Kelly days. Anyways this is a dead issue so lets move on.

Quinn will not be released by the Broncos or traded. If Orton goes down they are not going to be ready to throw in the towel on the season by having Tebow start. Quinn is the #2 guy in Denver right now. There also has been reports of him looking pretty solid in OTA's. The reason there is talk of him being inactive on game day is it will be for another roster spot for someone else because they have a Tim Tebow package they want to use a couple of times a game, their own version of the wildcat or whatever or even bringing Tim in on goal line situations. They're just trying to get the guy some experience and see what he has to offer. You need three QB's on your roster in this league that have a sense of what's going on with the offense, you need two that you think you could win games with only making a few changes to your offensive scheme if need be, and everyone minus a few teams are looking for "the guy". Denver is no different and Quinn fits atleast into their short-term plans or they would not have released Brandstater.

lol,cleveland drafts him in the first round and then gives him away wanting no part of him. then the team he is traded to gets rid of him(if what your telling us is true) in favor of orton and tebow and now you want him in buffalo,really?

guys like you crack me up you hear a name you recognize and right away you want him in buffalo after 2 teams junk his ass just incredible!

lol,cleveland drafts him in the first round and then gives him away wanting no part of him. then the team he is traded to gets rid of him(if what your telling us is true) in favor of orton and tebow and now you want him in buffalo,really?

guys like you crack me up you hear a name you recognize and right away you want him in buffalo after 2 teams junk his ass just incredible!

I agree with you but you don't have to be so harsh. Easy there....

I think McDaniels is full of s**t just like Bellicheat. First it was an open competition, then Quinn supposedly had been pushing the others to be the starter, then he's been saying "Orton is the man", and now Quinn is the odd man out and Tebow is all of a sudden ready to be #2????? Not buying it, he's trying to motivate his own players.

I would love to get Brady Quinn in Buffalo. I was disappointed when the whole world knew he was on the trading block and the Bills showed no interest.