Would you do Whitner straight across for Campbell

To me they are both players in need of a change of scenery.....and needs for both teams. Both players have been pretty much rendered no needed by their current teams.

I dont want to give up draft picks.

I'd be all for it. Would depend on how many years Whitner has left on his contract.

To me they are both players in need of a change of scenery.....and needs for both teams. Both players have been pretty much rendered no needed by their current teams.

No. Whitner is a very good player. I see Campbell as a journeyman QB at best.

Definitely Not. Each players respective current status: Starting DB for a backup QB. Maybe Whitner does need a change a scenery, but this trade would have to include something else. I wouldn't do it straight up.

NOT! We never have enough DB's and whos to say a new scheme and coaches can't revive Whitner. He's one of the few players on the team that actually spoke up once in a while. Edwards for Campbell is acceptable, and I'm not sure the Bills are any better off.

Campbell does not get injured every time he is hit (which is a lot) and his stats have improved every year he has played. This is the polar opposite of Edwards, so yes we would be better off with Campbell.

No, to repeat either Nix or Gailey, why would you take one of the few positions of strength on the team, Safety, and turn it into a weakness. People get hurt every year.

Jason Campbell is alright but even with living in the DC area the last 4 years, and having watched the parade of Head Coaches and Coordinators that have not helped him develop or experience any consistency, he is still only a good quarterback at best. You need a great quarterback to win, of which there are few.

I say try Clausen at #9 if he's there, otherwise best LT, trade down, or LB.

I would never "DO" Whitner I would however trade him for a Bottle of milk

Where do I sign?!?!!??!?!

In all seriousness. Would I be happy with that trade hell ya. Do I think we could do even better than just a straight up trade? Yes. We would be giving them something for nothing. They don't want or need Campbell. He means nothing to them. The only reasons they would keep him is to screw him over, losing a year on the bench and then they would STILL get nothing for him next year when he is a free agent I assume. If they had any class they would just release him and let the guy find a job before the draft.

Another problem I see developing is if we get Campbell we eliminate one of our options in the draft which is taking Claussen if 4 OTs are drafted before us scenario.

I wouldn't take Campbell for free.

Thank GOD you are not our GM. I would hope that any GM would accept ANY talent on his team that is better than what he already has. And YES.....he is better than anything we have. If you don't believe me just take a look at the numbers under conditions that were equal to or WORSE than anyone we have had in the last few years.

This post shows a lack of knowledge. Whitner is a Strong Safety. The Skins need a Free Safety and have 2 players fighting to start at SS, with Landry being the favorite and has a good amount of upside. Why would they trade for an older, more expensive version of a guy they already have on their roster.

This post shows a lack of knowledge. Whitner is a Strong Safety. The Skins need a Free Safety and have 2 players fighting to start at SS, with Landry being the favorite and has a good amount of upside. Why would they trade for an older, more expensive version of a guy they already have on their roster.

Whitner plays both positions and can play corner in a pinch......

What ? You got to be kidding. I don`t get this whitner hate. The dude hits like a truck. Better than any safety on this team. So he doesn`t have as many picks ,big deal. Byrd and Wilson wiffed on more than a few tackles last year. Whit had a bad shoulder last year which slowed him. Un BILLeaveable.

Whitner plays both positions and can play corner in a pinch......

Yeah...and that's why you keep him. Listen...our defensive backfield is the ONLY strength on this team and Whitner is part of that. He's versatile and he's talented. If you want to trade Whitner, it better be for something more important than another QB question mark.

Some of you folks hate everything we have and love everything we don't. Just because they're here now doesn't mean they suck.

What ? You got to be kidding. I don`t get this whitner hate. The dude hits like a truck. Better than any safety on this team. So he doesn`t have as many picks ,big deal. Byrd and Wilson wiffed on more than a few tackles last year. Whit had a bad shoulder last year which slowed him. Un BILLeaveable.

HAHAHAHAHAHA. Am I missing something? I've watched every game he's played for the Bills and I honestly cannot remember one hit he's made that was memorable. He's an average safety with a big mouth, I'd have no problem with him being traded for a solid QB like Campbell.

We are so lucky to have you here to point things out to us. :angry:

I wouldn't do it. I think Whitner should get a chance in the new system to show what he can do healthy. He hasn't really been at 100% over the last couple of seasons. If we were to trade him for another player, I wouldn't do it for Campbell. Scott and Wilson are not that great guys so I don't know why you think we'd be that much better off without Whitner.

What's with the hatred for Whitner?

I know he hasn't lived up to what you expect from a top 10 pick, but all things being equal he's still a pretty decent player. I get that the abundance of talent at safety makes him expendable, but people talking about him like he's a pile of excrement is a head scratcher to me.

I don't get the philosophy that everyone who isn't a pro-bowler sucks.

No, to repeat either Nix or Gailey, why would you take one of the few positions of strength on the team, Safety, and turn it into a weakness. People get hurt every year.

Jason Campbell is alright but even with living in the DC area the last 4 years, and having watched the parade of Head Coaches and Coordinators that have not helped him develop or experience any consistency, he is still only a good quarterback at best. You need a great quarterback to win, of which there are few.

I say try Clausen at #9 if he's there, otherwise best LT, trade down, or LB.

I live in the DC area as well. Do you blame Campbell's inabilty to read defenses over the last 4 years on his coordinators??

Learning a new offense can be a task for a slow learner such as Campbell but he should have learned how to read defenses by now. He had Joe Gibbs his first couple of seasons. The parade of head coaches is an excuse for him.

I agree with your comment about not ruining a position of strength. If it isn't broke don't fix it.

I feel that Kelsey, Poz, and Whitner have been disappointments but I am curious to see what the new defense has in store for them.