Flozell Adams

dailar

I'm pretty sure that injuries have made him a shell of what he once was (a mere motel, if you will)...BUT...he did play Offensive Line for Chan Gailey for 2 years.

Keep an eye on it.

I was thinking the same thing if Gailey was on the Cowboys staff when he was there. I think well at least have him in for a visit or workout.

I want to think I remember him costing the Cowboys a few big plays last year due to penalties.

That's always been a problem w/ him. He's like a bigger, stronger, older version of Bell w/ leverage. Unless he wants a big contract, which he's not likely to get, the worst case scenario is you cut him.

It's a low risk move that patches the greatest need on the team.

He is fading quickly and would want too much money. I guess if we don't get a LT in the draft, he might be worth a look, but he's getting cut for a reason.

Money. $2.5M roster bonus, $5.0M salary.

He's still decent, but he's not $7.5M decent.

Agreed. It also seems like teams are willing to put up with dumb personal foul penalties anymore.

He was downright dirty last season. Maybe always has been, but the cheapshots to the Giants player were ugly.

But...he's better than what we have regardless of age or penalties. If he could be had for a decent contract you have to do it. There isn't a line in worse shape in the league, is there?

I'm pretty sure that injuries have made him a shell of what he once was (a mere motel, if you will)...BUT...he did play Offensive Line for Chan Gailey for 2 years. In fact, Gailey was the one that drafted him.

Keep an eye on it.

I'm sure you've heard this before...but I'd be ECSTATIC if your mock draft became reality.

He is fading quickly and would want too much money. I guess if we don't get a LT in the draft, he might be worth a look, but he's getting cut for a reason.

This is exactly the type of signing I was clamoring for LAST season when we traded Jason Peters and started the whole Langston Walker to LT fiasco.......

- I am one of those who dont really mind that they traded Jason Peters.....but we needed a VETERAN INSURANCE POLICY if we were going to do that to keep the line stable.

Now that we are past that year...I still think this is the type of signing that is needed.....an aging guy but still serviceable who can come in and give whoever we decide is the LT of the future time to be brought along at a reasonable pace.

He also has ties to Chan Gailey which would make even more sense

Agreed. It also seems like teams are willing to put up with dumb personal foul penalties anymore.

Hard to say so - but the BUF organization has simply been one of the poorest evaluators of OL talent in recent years. They constantly stick themselves into a corner. And come up short when injuries come up during a season.

They must have some sort of dark cloud overhead...even dumb luck might do better. :(

Bills' war room... :lol: :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IErXg5kBXXg

From Trey Wingo: "not surprising on flozell release. as @markschlereth has been saying.. adams retired three years ago and didn't tell anyone"

Adam_Schefter

Shaking in big D: Calvin Watkins of ESPN.com reporting -- and it is confirmed -- that Cowboys are releasing OT Flozell Adams

Wow...I say do it! We could do worse and bringing him in puts a lot less pressure on the OT(s) we draft...veteran/leadership/develop youngsters role???

Wow...I say do it! We could do worse and bringing him in puts a lot less pressure on the OT(s) we draft...veteran/leadership/develop youngsters role???

this is one of the biggest misconceptions amongst football fans (of any team), that veterans are all super willing to help teach the youngsters who are about to take their job and money. does not happen NEARLY as much as we'd like to believe.

imo, Adams may do more to HURT the development of young players, given his attitude.

he wants to be overpaid, he wont produce on the field, and he wont help our young players... so why bother bringing him in?

if we're going to start overlooking personal fouls, we should have re-signed Incognito.

Hey- I have heard of Anthony Muñoz. Lets sign him, he was regarded as the best LT ever. Lets go get Dermonti Dawson too......how about Joe Montana- then our OL/QB problem is fixed without wasting a draft pick!!! Oh wait, MTV is coming on, what was I talking about. Is it time for lunch? :lol::(:wallbash:

Any way you slice it he's better than what we have now, and even if we do take a LT in the 1st, it would be nice to have a veteran to plug in while he's acclimating to the pro game.

He might be better than what we have, but a LT is not being drafted who can't step on the field from day one.

Hey- I have heard of Anthony Muñoz. Lets sign him, he was regarded as the best LT ever. Lets go get Dermonti Dawson too......how about Joe Montana- then our OL/QB problem is fixed without wasting a draft pick!!! Oh wait, MTV is coming on, what was I talking about. Is it time for lunch? :lol::(:wallbash:

How original. Picking up a 35 yr old on the decline is exactly like taking a 50 yr old who retired two decades ago. Get some new material.

The idea behind bringing in a guy like that is because we have NO ONE to play LT. I know rookies usually step in and dominate the LT position from day one, but just on the off chance that we get that rare pick who takes a little time to acclimate, it might be a nice insurance policy to have a guy with some experience to help fill in and add depth in case of injury.

I don't think anyone is suggesting that he'll come in and play at a pro-bowl level, but given the circumstances it could be helpful. If he wants too much money you don't sign him. If he's a bad influence on the young players, cut him. That'll send a message.

The Cowboys just cut Adams. Personally I'd like to see him added for his veteran input and to add depth to the line.

That way it opens up some different options in the draft.

Any thoughts?

Dear lord, I remember wanting Flozell Adams in the 2nd Round the year we picked Sam Cowart. He was picked ONE pick before us.

But think about that for a second. He was drafted the same year we drafted Sam friggin' Cowart. He's been in the trenches that long. And after all the Pro Bowls he's had with the Cowboys for the past 12 years, i'd say the fact that he was cut should speak volumes as to how much he has left in the tank.

I was thinking the same thing if Gailey was on the Cowboys staff when he was there. I think well at least have him in for a visit or workout.

I bet if we looked on the other 30 NFL teams not named BUF and DAL and viewed their blogs, they all have the same thread. Any LT with name recognition and a pulse is a hot commodity...for 70% of all teams really. I am sure Chan and Buddy have heard directly from "The Hotel's" agent already and informed us he won;t be on the mkt for very long....whether he will or will not.

We all know that he will not be the left tackle for the next 10 years; however, I think he would be a terrific stop-gap so that the Bills can develop a tackle behind him.

For example, the Bills could sign a left tackle in the second round and a later round, see how wins the competition while not having the quarterback's bones ground to dust.