Losman could start for Raiders

Al Davis is all about speedy wide outs... so why not start a QB with a cannon arm not named JaMarcus Russel?

"It will take a couple of weeks to at least learn," Fassel said. "I think he will do well there, though. I know [Raiders owner] Al Davis has always liked him (JP)."

JaMarcus Russel could be penciled in as the backup

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/features/ru...atures%2frumors

J.P. Losman addition may signal the end for Russell

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/309525-...end-for-russell

:P

Al Davis is all about speedy wide outs... so why not start a QB with a cannon arm not named JaMarcus Russel?

"It will take a couple of weeks to at least learn," Fassel said. "I think he will do well there, though. I know [Raiders owner] Al Davis has always liked him (JP)."

He is finished, who really cares?

I'm with Pete. JP did everything asked of him and this team hardly ever put him in a position to succeed. They seemed to be moving in that direction in 2006 and then took a left turn.

I don't think he's the best, or even good, but I'd love to see him turn it around. However, the Raiders probably don't offer him a very good chance for this. Also, Bleacher Report isn't much of a source. You and I could write (better) articles.

I can't imagine Gradkowski (that's his name, right?) not getting the starting job

You guys do realize that:

1. That JP article is really old...

and more importantly:

2. JP Losman doesnt play for the Raiders. He is a UFA in 2010 as his deal was a one year which was essentially about a 3 week deal.

So, before we start annoiting him the starter in Oakland we should probably wait to see if they even sign him.

You guys do realize that:

1. That JP article is really old...

and more importantly:

2. JP Losman doesnt play for the Raiders. He is a UFA in 2010 as his deal was a one year which was essentially about a 3 week deal.

So, before we start annoiting him the starter in Oakland we should probably wait to see if they even sign him.

He is listed on the Raiders 2009 & 2010 rosters. http://www.raiders.com/team/roster.html

This is history repeating itself. Daryle Lamonica anyone?

I have always liked JP. I especially liked the way he moved into the city and was front and center. I think he could have made a big stink when he was in Buffalo--but he chose to take the high road. I respect that quite a bit.

First off as mentioned in the thread already JP is a free agent so lets see if he is even on the roster when the season starts before we even talk about him being the starter. Honestly the only way I see JP Losman starting is if the Raiders go with a LT or defensive player at pick 8 and they really like the QB's they have.

SO here is the ESPN article. It says nothing about JP:

"Adam Schefter

Bruce penciled in at No. 1

"Look for Bruce Gradkowski to be the man going into next season. The team respects him, and it responded to him when he played. When Gradkowski was on the field, there was a certain confidence the Raiders had that they lacked when JaMarcus Russell was playing quarterback. My guess is that Gradkowski starts, Russell backs up, and they draft another quarterback to begin grooming for the future."

As for the Bleacher Report, anyone can write an article for them and just submit it.

SO here is the ESPN article. It says nothing about JP:

"Adam Schefter

Bruce penciled in at No. 1

"Look for Bruce Gradkowski to be the man going into next season. The team respects him, and it responded to him when he played. When Gradkowski was on the field, there was a certain confidence the Raiders had that they lacked when JaMarcus Russell was playing quarterback. My guess is that Gradkowski starts, Russell backs up, and they draft another quarterback to begin grooming for the future."

As for the Bleacher Report, anyone can write an article for them and just submit it.

Did anyone actually read the Bleacher Report article? It was written with three games remaining in the 2009 season...it doesn't refer to the 2010 season... it is dated 12/16/2009 :P

He is listed on the Raiders 2009 & 2010 rosters. http://www.raiders.com/team/roster.html

I have always liked JP. I especially liked the way he moved into the city and was front and center. I think he could have made a big stink when he was in Buffalo--but he chose to take the high road. I respect that quite a bit.

TO is listed on our team too...all UFA are listed with their current teams until Free Agency begins...

He is not on the Raiders once FA begins, no ifs and or buts about it...he is a Unrestricted Free Agent and will have to be resigned to play on the Raiders...

Still not convinced...then go google a list of all Free Agent QB's in 2010 and see for yourself...

I would not be surprised to see JP do well someday with good coaching. Something he was never afforded with the Bills.

You have it backwards. Sam Wyche was recognized as one of the best coaches of young QBs until coach killer JP Losman became his student. Mike Mularkey has had success with QBs before & after coach killer JP Losman was his QB. The only place JP isn't a coach killer is in the minor leagues.

Wow! Sorry but not even close to the same situation. Losman was terrible and released. Lamonica was a good QB who was traded from a Championship team when Kemp was on the downside of his career. Fans were very upset at the time of the trade. How many here were mad that Losman was not re-signed?

He is finished, who really cares?

I do, always liked him..he had all the raw tools needed to be a successful NFL starter...his future was destroyed by the Bills shoddy organization.

I hope he does well...but the Raiders are just as bad of an organization as the Bills, so I dont have high hopes.

the only reason why i don't want JP to succeed is because it will just make our team look even more like a AAA football team

In the big picture who cares what this may make the bills look like for not developing JP into a NFL starter. I really feel JP showed class in Buffalo, and did every thing in his power to thrive as a QB. JP is a good person I wish him well.

I do, always liked him..he had all the raw tools needed to be a successful NFL starter...his future was destroyed by the Bills shoddy organization.

I hope he does well...but the Raiders are just as bad of an organization as the Bills, so I dont have high hopes.

I kinda agree, I always felt the one thing that set his career in a downward spiral was Mularkey yanking him in and out every time he threw a bad pass and put Holcomb in.

I kinda agree, I always felt the one thing that set his career in a downward spiral was Mularkey yanking him in and out every time he threw a bad pass and put Holcomb in.

So when he had his "best" season a year later, he was already on his downward spiral?

See this is the argument that drives some people crazy. Maybe Losman really sucked (as evidence by him failing for 2 different staffs and being out of the league after 5 years) and Fairchild worked a miracle making him look passable as a QB for a season. Losman was out of the league in 5 years after beign a 1st round pick. Fairchild got promoted to be a head coach at a Division I university. Perhaps, there is a good reason for this.

Guest dog14787
See this is the argument that drives some people crazy. Maybe Losman really sucked (as evidence by him failing for 2 different staffs and being out of the league after 5 years) and Fairchild worked a miracle making him look passable as a QB for a season. Losman was out of the league in 5 years after beign a 1st round pick. Fairchild got promoted to be a head coach at a Division I university. Perhaps, there is a good reason for this.

Are you kidding me,

With all due respect Fairchild is the main reason we haven't had a workable offense in the last 5 years.

Good grief man, his BS probably did more long term damage to this organization and the development of Bills QB's than any single Coach in the history of the Buffalo Bills. I mean we can thank our GM or lack there of for not replacing him properly, but Steve Fairchild is a joke and the Mike Martz offense he installed was flawed to begin with in my opinion.

Bills QB's have been paying the price ever since...