My Farewell to the Buffalo Bills

I wish all of you guys well. I have served the team faithfully in cities all-around the country proud of my colors. Well I'm not from western NY, but the Adirondacks, and I've never seen the Bills play live. I've watched just about every game since I discovered football in 89'. I even watched the entire Oilers game and I BILLeved.

Why should I treat a team like a wife or a child I love? They don't treat me that way, they treat me as a product they can capitalize on, and if that's true why oh why should I treat the product so lovingly when I cannot love the product they give me? Why should be so hell-bent on the emotions of a team that I don't live there and MAINLY because you treat the customer like garbage?

People can say I'm a bandwagon jumper and to that I say B.S. I always had hope the product would improve and I could enjoy the game even if they lose. I enjoyed watching the Bledsoe years as much as they pained me because we tried to improve the team even though the results weren't great. I got excited about Losman as a 1st rounder even after his 2 games under 80 yards and I was scratching my head how he was in the NFL. I loved the Flutie OR Johnson year, even the Collins years.

Now as a man in my 30's I realize this is a business, and why should I treat this business like my freaking family when it spits in my face? I should be following players and liking those teams they play on. Some team that is exciting and young with a good nucleus I could enjoy for 8-10 years.

The hiring of an old man as GM without any experience and a figure-head to a nerd who knows nothing about football, to an owner who won't hire a guy like Schott, to finally now hiring a guy like Gailey has me relinquish my love for this team.

I wish everyone well and I'm sure all the "don't let the door hit ya" posts will be lost on me as I don't care.

Thanks Ralph!!!!

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish all of you guys well. I have served the team faithfully in cities all-around the country proud of my colors. Well I'm not from western NY, but the Adirondacks, and I've never seen the Bills play live. I've watched just about every game since I discovered football in 89'. I even watched the entire Oilers game and I BILLeved.

Why should I treat a team like a wife or a child I love? They don't treat me that way, they treat me as a product they can capitalize on, and if that's true why oh why should I treat the product so lovingly when I cannot love the product they give me? Why should be so hell-bent on the emotions of a team that I don't live there and MAINLY because you treat the customer like garbage?

People can say I'm a bandwagon jumper and to that I say B.S. I always had hope the product would improve and I could enjoy the game even if they lose. I enjoyed watching the Bledsoe years as much as they pained me because we tried to improve the team even though the results weren't great. I got excited about Losman as a 1st rounder even after his 2 games under 80 yards and I was scratching my head how he was in the NFL. I loved the Flutie OR Johnson year, even the Collins years.

Now as a man in my 30's I realize this is a business, and why should I treat this business like my freaking family when it spits in my face? I should be following players and liking those teams they play on. Some team that is exciting and young with a good nucleus I could enjoy for 8-10 years.

The hiring of an old man as GM without any experience and a figure-head to a nerd who knows nothing about football, to an owner who won't hire a guy like Schott, to finally now hiring a guy like Gailey has me relinquish my love for this team.

I wish everyone well and I'm sure all the "don't let the door hit ya" posts will be lost on me as I don't care.

Thanks Ralph!!!!

good, glad to know we will see no more posts from you :thumbsup:

I do not get al lthe outrage. The resume on this guy is rock solid. I know its not Cowher but that is not going to happen. We have to realize we are more like the twins than the yankees . You can win in more ways then getting the most expensive highest profile people

Thanks for the post. I'm sure you're aching to be a Giants or Jets fan anyway being from the Adirondacks. We're a tougher breed out here, and we actually support our local team, and not jump on the flavor of the month.

I do not get al lthe outrage. The resume on this guy is rock solid. I know its not Cowher but that is not going to happen. We have to realize we are more like the twins than the yankees . You can win in more ways then getting the most expensive highest profile people

and he comes dirt cheap too!

Thanks for the post. I'm sure you're aching to be a Giants or Jets fan anyway being from the Adirondacks. We're a tougher breed out here, and we actually support our local team, and not jump on the flavor of the month.

If I ever quit the Bills (I will take a vacation as long as Vick is here if we sign him) the NFL is dead to me. With that said, this guy is a troll, small loss.

Tougher.. not tougher.. Just plain foolish! The blind looyality among Bills fans is FOOLISH! Batterd fan syndrome. Hope you enjoy getting abused for the next three years! LOL.

:thumbsup:

a nice long bath will wash the sand out...

:ph34r:

The hiring of an old man as GM without any experience

this part right here's one of the dumbest parts of the post, IMO....spent several years as San Diego's asst GM and the primary job of a GM is to bring in personnel....which Buddy's always been good at

Thomas Smith

Damien Covington

Eric Moulds

Gabe Northern

Sam Cowart

Peerless Price

Shawn Bryson

all came from his region

and so did

Eric Wood

Shawn Nelson

Again, as stated previous times, Bills fans are appearing to be a fairly brittle, fragile, and entitled bunch. Getting over amped up because an owner made a choice without consulting all the 'smart' people on this board. Really. Reading these posts is absolutely humorous and offers strong evidence Bills fans are whimply, short sited, and feel unusually entitled in some way.

What part of a "Boss hired someone he was comfortable with" is hard to wrap your mind around? Ralph owns the team. Ralph can do what he wants and does not need to placate 'WNY".

Or am I missing something?

I support the team 100%, I will continue to wear my absurd collection of Bills apparel, I will also continue to watch every game on T.V., I will also hope for the best and hope to win, but I will not put any money into this organization in any capacity until we are a contender on the field. This is coming from someone who spends an average of $50 a month at the Bills Store. That doesn't make me a bandwagoner, that makes me a smart shopper. Flame away.

Thanks Ralph!!!!

Friend - I applaud your clarity and hope you stay true to your convictions. You are right, the old man has treated all Bills fans like a trained monkey. Fetch the coins and I will give you a peanut Bills fans! I am sorry to see you go, but I wholly suppor tthe decision and wish you well. Enjoy your new found freedom.

I support the team 100%, I will continue to wear my absurd collection of Bills apparel, I will also continue to watch every game on T.V., I will also hope for the best and hope to win, but I will not put any money into this organization in any capacity until we are a contender on the field. This is coming from someone who spends an average of $50 a month at the Bills Store. That doesn't make me a bandwagoner, that makes me a smart shopper. Flame away.

That was nicely put

Thanks Ralph!!!!

Good riddance. If you ever grow a pair, don't bother coming back.

And if the Bills start the next season 3-0, you'll be tuning in again. You can't just decide you're not going to be a fan anymore. It's too much a part of who you are. Ingrained in your psyche. You can swear off the team, but as soon as you watch them again you'll be rooting for them. Same with every Bills fan on this board. It's ok to be pissed. I'm pissed too, but come next September I'll have the same hope for my team to win that I had when I first became a fan.

I think the most telling part of the post was that he "never seen the Bills play live." Once you've been to the Ralph and gotten the full experience of being a Bills fan tailgating with other Bills fans there is no turning back. The wings, the Stadium, the community, Pinto Ron...You could watch a 1000 games on TV and it doesn't even come close.

I am originally from MA and I now live in Jersey-grew up a HUGE Bills fan in enemy territory. But when I actually started traveling to Buffalo to see them...everything changed. Hell, I didn't even have a hockey team growing up and now I love the Sabres because my Bills brethren converted me.

Nothing will ever sway me from being a Bills fan...NOTHING.

I watched the History of the Buffalo Bills on DVD for the first time the other night, and I'm damn proud to be a Bills fan...win, lose, or draw.

I didn't necessarily want Chan Gailey either, but now that he is the coach I want him to succeed more than anything...

GO BILLS!!!!!

Hey StupidNation, If you want to move on to a new team, have at it. That's your right but whats up with the "Dear John" letter? If you feel the need to express your dissatisfaction with the hope that someone in the FO will read it, why not just write a letter and send it to the GM at One Bills Drive in Orchard Park? Spare us the drama.

To the rest of you that are thinking about resigning as Buffalo Bills fans, please just delete TwoBillsDrive from your favorites and slip away silently. You wont be missed anyway.

Proud Buffalo Bills fan since 1966 :w00t:

Thanks Ralph!!!!

I emphatize. Feel better.

C

Thanks Ralph!!!!

Bye!! See ya later!! :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

Thanks Ralph!!!!

Who the !@#$ cares!

I'll be a fan till the casket drops!

Thanks Ralph!!!!

Buh-bye

Thanks Ralph!!!!

you'll be back.

Again, as stated previous times, SOME Bills fans are appearing to be a fairly brittle, fragile, and entitled bunch. Getting over amped up because an owner made a choice without consulting all the 'smart' people on this board. Really. Reading these posts is absolutely humorous and offers strong evidence Bills fans are whimply, short sited, and feel unusually entitled in some way.

What part of a "Boss hired someone he was comfortable with" is hard to wrap your mind around? Ralph owns the team. Ralph can do what he wants and does not need to placate 'WNY".

Or am I missing something?

That would be more accurate