Mort Twitter Regarding Frazier

LABills08

Right on. RT @mortreport: So after what Leslie Frazier's Vikes defense did to Jason Garrett's offense, the Bills better stop playing around.

Yes.

Yeah, he's a genuis with the Williams, Jared Allen, Kennedy and the DBs like Winfield.

It's so laughable this idea that coordinators are geniuses when they win with some of the best talent in the league. Isn't that what they're supposed to do?

The best companies have the best talent first, not the best managers.

Yeah, he's a genuis with the Williams, Jared Allen, Kennedy and the DBs like Winfield.

It's so laughable this idea that coordinators are geniuses when they win with some of the best talent in the league. Isn't that what they're supposed to do?

First, our sevondary is BETTER than the Vikings. Second their GM listened to him as for as what he needed talent wise. Third, did the tallent call for the right blitzes at the right time? Did the talent outsmart Garrett and the cowboys? No. Quit making up bull **** to put down a damn good coach that could be a damn good HC for us.

First, our sevondary is BETTER than the Vikings. Second their GM listened to him as for as what he needed talent wise. Third, did the tallent call for the right blitzes at the right time? Did the talent outsmart Garrett and the cowboys? No. Quit making up bull **** to put down a damn good coach that could be a damn good HC for us.

+1

The best companies do what? How do they get the best talent without having great managers hire them? That's just not true.

So I guess you don't know any bad teams with good people on them? Is that really right? Seriously? And how many good coaches do you know with all bad players? There's name for good coaches with bad players. Dick Jauron. Loser. Those are two of them.

The coach still has to put it together. He has to put them in the right places to succeed. Frazier has done that. That defense has improved every year. An awful lot of that is Frazier.

I'd be fine with Frazier, but let's not go overboard on that one game. The Vikings defensive line physically dominated the Cowboys offensive line without even needing to blitz. That's more on the execution of the players than any OC or DC outsmarting the other.

Take this for what it is worth - a coworker of mine played on the Eastern Illinois national champ (div II) team, 1979 or so.

Shanahan was head coach along with several current NFL assistants such as John Teerlink and Mike Heimerdinger. Said the year before those guys got there the team was not very good.

Shanahan and crew won the championship with pretty much the same players from the year before. My friend, who experienced that first hand, said as far as he is concerned it is "all about coaching".

Need a good manager and good players.

Too bad the Jets didn't listen to you last year when they hired that bum of a DC that was just lucky to have great players.

Am I missing something? FRAZIER CAN NOT COMMIT TILL HIS CURRENT JOB IS FINISHED

That's what I thought. I was under the impression that they can't even talk to him at this point until the Vikes are done. ??

don't you believe it - the best companies have the best managers AND the excellent talent

I'm with you. What is all the hate on Frazier around here? From everything I gather he is well respected around the league and deserving of a head coach opportunity. Yet according to most people on here who might watch 1% of Vikings games and have no idea how he is regarded in the clubhouse want nothing to do with him. Plus his side of the ball is playing some fantastic football right now. With the experienced head coaches not wanting anything to do with us, I'm all for him. He may come in here and be a damn good coach. The only way we will know is to give him a shot.

3 out of the 4 starting d-lineman on the bills have made the probowl at some point..and out DBs are better than the Viks... The only missing component is Lbs

So was Bill Walsh a bad coach, Marv Levy in the 90's, Parcells with the Giants? Your argument is retarded. Yes, talent obviously helps a HC, but where do you draw the line. You need a coach to direct the talent.

And it's utterly sickening that this is the type of situation that Bill Coward is holding out for. For instance, let's say San Diego comes open tomorrow and he gets them over the hump next year. Big deal. Take our mess and make it something. That's coaching.

But isn't that what all coaches do? Ultimately don't we judge coaches on what they are able to do with the talent around them?

[This is an automated response]

This subject matter is being currently being discussed or has already been discussed in a previous thread.

Please consider using the "search" function before starting new topics.

Thank you.

Everything on these boards has ben discussed to death. But thanks for the reminder. I'll keep searching for "something new"

No one has brought this up yet - but is it possible Schefter is right, we have a "hand shake" deal in place with Frazier, and part of the reason we are getting "turned down" is that other coaches know this? is it possible the only reason we are asking to interview guys is to be "thorough" and nothing more then that? I'd be shocked if they try to interview anyone else at this point.

obviously Frazier was their top choice. I questions whether they actually offered it to Harbaugh or not. that seems like quite the stretch and NO one other then Casserly has reported it. I just simply think Frazier is and has been the guy. It makes sense as well in that he didnt want to interview with the Seahawks either...

just my thought.

No one has brought this up yet - but is it possible Schefter is right, we have a "hand shake" deal in place with Frazier, and part of the reason we are getting "turned down" is that other coaches know this?

I was thinking this as well, supposedly stuff like this is well known among coaches and their agents. I suppose that if this week the Bills don't do any more interviews we can be certain that Frazier is going to be hired.