Cowher that spurned the Bills

Per Pat Moran of BillsSportsDaily

I am fact checking and confirming a lot of stuff before posting.. But I have heard that Bill Cowher will indeed not be coaching the Bills this year. But here's the twist.

It's now Cowher that spurned the Bills, its the other way around. I just heard something along the lines of there could've been a meeting TODAY, but it was the Bills and not Cowher that didn't make it happen

I do NOT know this yet to be fact and I can assure you its my ONLY monday evening assignment, but God I hope that is bullcrap.

I am fact checking and confirming a lot of stuff before posting.. But I have heard that Bill Cowher will indeed not be coaching the Bills this year. But here's the twist.

It's now Cowher that spurned the Bills, its the other way around. I just heard something along the lines of there could've been a meeting TODAY, but it was the Bills and not Cowher that didn't make it happen

I do NOT know this yet to be fact and I can assure you its my ONLY monday evening assignment, but God I hope that is bullcrap.

LMAO, in the bolded print he states that he's fact checking and confirming a lot of stuff before posting, YET, he posted it. I'm leaning toward CLOWN.

I doubt that anyone has spurned anyone. This is a process. They promised Fewell an interview, so they had to at least do that today. It is probably a formality, but nonetheless that had to happen. They'll have a coach by Wednesday or Thursday.

That is taken from a thread (on another website) titled "TREAT this as 100% rumor." :flirt:

Useful information to know. Glad to have a link; better late than never.

Journalistic standards are played fast and loose around here.

Not if I can help it.

If this were to turn out to be true, my respect for Buddy Nix would be greatly increased.

It would be a stellar example of his willingness to make decisions based on football as opposed to decisions based on marketing and ticket sales.

If this were to turn out to be true, my respect for Buddy Nix would be greatly increased.

It would be a stellar example of his willingness to make decisions based on football as opposed to decisions based on marketing and ticket sales.

Ya, because signing Cowher would strictly be about marketing and ticket sales. :lol:

Seriously, take any "news" from Pat Moran with a block of salt. He is extremely biased against One Bills Drive. But I do not doubt the Cowher sweepstakes is likely over. Even if he hasn't decided officially the Bills can't wait around for him to see if Carolina or Tampa opens up for him.

PTR

Fact checking...in process, edit grammar......whoopsies......

Lori, I sincerely hope that you are fighting that good fight, sadly a lot of your colleagues are not, they are simply cutting and pasting from other sources....I just read an article 'written' last week from a paper in Arkansas giving people advice on returning christmas gifts to various retailers....the guy in the by-line actually made reference to the difficulty in reading the policy in in-store signs at Circuit City.........CC Stores have been closed since March, he simply found an article from 2007 and lifted that exact line from it...i sent the guy in the by-line an email pointing it out....he hasn't bothered to respond or at least correct the 'article'....

Not if I can help it.

Seriously, take any "news" from Pat Moran with a block of salt. He is extremely biased against One Bills Drive. But I do not doubt the Cowher sweepstakes is likely over. Even if he hasn't decided officially the Bills can't wait around for him to see if Carolina or Tampa opens up for him.

PTR

he reports what he hears, and in this case he clearly stated it was a 100% rumor. I don't think Pat has anything agianst OBD more so then the rest of us.

I trust Pat's info and he'll tell you straight up if its from a reliable source our if its something he heard thru the grapevine etc...

I doubt that anyone has spurned anyone. This is a process. They promised Fewell an interview, so they had to at least do that today. It is probably a formality, but nonetheless that had to happen. They'll have a coach by Wednesday or Thursday.

I have my doubts it will be that soon, as they have several interviews lined up.

Another rumor has Brian Schottenheimer being hired as head coach and his father Marty being hired as a consultant to help his son along. Nix seems to know both son and father well from San Diego.

Also Cam Cameron might have an inside track from San Diego as well as Ron Rivera.