Supposed big news announcement at 9pm

PromoTheRobot

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok then who can you get that is better

Before hiring a coach, even a highly paid one, the Bills need to build a professional front office with a real GM in charge.

The coach reports to the GM

High profile coaches that need both roles do not work, especially one that has never done the GM role before

I never thought Cowher would come here ever. So hearing that the Bills contacted him and that he was more then respective (Once again according to a internet source granted one that has been right on a few things before but still its just some dude on the internet) is a good sign.

I also think that the Bills ownership situation being perceived as stable is another good sign for the franchise and further bolsters the idea of a big name coming here (One of the biggest knock against a big name was that they didn't know wither the team would stay in Buffalo or not).

Now as far as Cowher being a good fit as a head coach. I would like it but not love the idea of him being the head coach. For one he knows how to build a cold weather team that pounds the rock well. He is also a guy who knows how to build a tough D he loves the 3-4 (I don't but I think he knows how to build a D) which is the current flavor of the NFL.

So cold weather guy who has won in the past and the only reason he isn't employed is because he choose to leave (Still relatively young at 52 years old) BUT the guy does have some flaws he did struggle to win in the playoffs against the Pats* and did struggle to find success in the post season with top talent year in and year out. Also I know a lot of Steelers fans who thought Cowher was very overrated and should have won a lot more while he was there.

So I would take Cower plus a good GM he could work with in a heart beat BUT my excitement would be tempered a bit.

I never thought Cowher would come here ever. So hearing that the Bills contacted him and that he was more then respective (Once again according to a internet source granted one that has been right on a few things before but still its just some dude on the internet) is a good sign.

I also think that the Bills ownership situation being perceived as stable is another good sign for the franchise and further bolsters the idea of a big name coming here (One of the biggest knock against a big name was that they didn't know wither the team would stay in Buffalo or not).

Now as far as Cowher being a good fit as a head coach. I would like it but not love the idea of him being the head coach. For one he knows how to build a cold weather team that pounds the rock well. He is also a guy who knows how to build a tough D he loves the 3-4 (I don't but I think he knows how to build a D) which is the current flavor of the NFL.

So cold weather guy who has won in the past and the only reason he isn't employed is because he choose to leave (Still relatively young at 52 years old) BUT the guy does have some flaws he did struggle to win in the playoffs against the Pats* and did struggle to find success in the post season with top talent year in and year out. Also I know a lot of Steelers fans who thought Cowher was very overrated and should have won a lot more while he was there.

So I would take Cower plus a good GM he could work with in a heart beat BUT my excitement would be tempered a bit.

I think Sal is a little better than just "some guy on the internet." He beat ESPN on Evans getting extended an T.O. signing. He has legit sources.

PTR

Wasn't that the exact case with Shanahan?

Shanahan was associated with a particular GM--Allen--and made it clear he and Allen were a package deal. His talks with Buffalo occurred before Allen had signed with anyone, and may well have represented legitimate interest on his part. After Allen went to Washington, Shanahan going there too was a foregone conclusion.

I think Sal is a little better than just "some guy on the internet." He beat ESPN on Evans getting extended an T.O. signing. He has legit sources.

PTR

To me he isn't a journalist connected to a news source so in the end he is just a guy on the internet. Now granted he is a guy who has been right on things in the past including being ahead on the curve on the TO signing and the Evans extension so I will give him a lot more respect then a guy like Skooby but in the end I will be taking what he says with a grain of salt but not disregarding it completely either.

Most of the stuff u read these days are from bloggers or journalists who present info they heard from bloggers. Sal hasn't been one to offer speculation as fact. If it's speculation he will tell you. A report like tonight? It's probably good info. He has a good track record.

Every team's fan base thinks they should win more. Outside of a few organizations: 70's Steelers new millenium Pats and the 80's 49ers what team wins a lot of SB's in 15 years time? Or even plays in one super bowl, let alone multiple ones like the Bills did? The best thing to hope for is that the players and coaching gives the team a chance every year to win it all. Cowher did that. Andy Reid does that. I would love for the Bills to have that consistent chance at winning it all every year.

Shanahan was associated with a particular GM--Allen--and made it clear he and Allen were a package deal. His talks with Buffalo occurred before Allen had signed with anyone, and may well have represented legitimate interest on his part. After Allen went to Washington, Shanahan going there too was a foregone conclusion.

I don't think him and Allen are associated with eachother. The only package deal I have heard that includes shanny is that he would want to bring Slowik wherever he goes. And if allen is a package deal with anyone, it would be gruden. The two of them are VERY good friends.

I don't think him and Allen are associated with eachother. The only package deal I have heard that includes shanny is that he would want to bring Slowik wherever he goes. And if allen is a package deal with anyone, it would be gruden. The two of them are VERY good friends.

It's a quarter to midnight and the BIG news is rookie safety Jairus Bryd being named to play in Pro bowl!!! Not exactly

the news were were expecting. Glad for him anyway.

http://www.buffalobills.com/

I don't know why they are so connected but just google Bruce Allen Shanahan package deal and you'll get a lot of sites reporting it.

Going from this article, she graduated college in 1967, so figuring she would have been 21 or 22, that would make her about early to mid 60's.

Picture

OK. Ralph is THE man. I've never seen his wife before, but I'd think we could all only hope to be as lucky as he is when we're 91.

Back on point,this is all highly interesting. If you connect some of the dots here... you get Ralph passing ownership to his wife, who will in all likelihood outlive him, with no tax penalty. She's not interested in running the team, so she brings in Kelly (with Thurman, et al.) to be President or some other such title. But they basically run the team for her. They, then go after a GM, Coach, new FO.

Interesting to hear Cowher's name come up, too. Never would have thought it realistic that he'd consider Buffalo. Not sure of the validity of any of this, but intriguing speculation none the less.

God I cant beleive I am doing this but

Bill Cowher IS the biggest fish on the market.....bigger then Mike Shanahan, Gruden, insert whatever name you want.

We are not going to get him.....it just is not going to happen.

I just cant take the roller coaster anymore......BC would be THE greatest thing the front office management has ever done and they have dont nothing but dissapoint us since the super bowl glory days......

I fully expect this NOT to happen.....of course I said the same thing about the TO deal.

Prove me wrong Ralph