Supposed big news announcement at 9pm

PromoTheRobot

cowher coming to buffalo would sell out next season and the next and the next in about 2 hrs. if the bills pull this off, look for ralph to build a new stadium in dowtown buffalo!!!!!!!!!

Your previous post said it will be announced Tuesday. Please stop posting crap.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

dude his whole family is from pitt, about 2 and half hrs from buffalo.... why wouldnt he come here. buffalo is willing to give him some control and pay him 10 mil a year, why would he refuse?

Actually, his family lives in North Carolina.

dude his whole family is from pitt, about 2 and half hrs from buffalo.... why wouldnt he come here. buffalo is willing to give him some control and pay him 10 mil a year, why would he refuse?

It's an argument, though I don't know how compelling.

I also thought there were whispers that he'd return to coaching once his daughters were in college or out of college or something like that. His oldest should have graduated by now, so I don't think the other two are far behind.

Do you promise not to be a meddling and cheap owner?

If so, :rolleyes:

If not, you will face the wrath of the Bills nation :death:

first of all... would get rid of all those stupid "other team" flags that "adorn" the upper decks. this is no ambassadorship for the league...one team only, the other 31 can go **** themselves. also, those painted helmets of the other teams on the exterior walls of the stadium...that would be painted over.

so, for starters I wouldn't call that meddling. OH, and put in individual seats in the upper decks as well. Oh, and hire Ron Wolf if he's interested in being the GM....AND fire the entire coaching staff, AND fire Jeff Lippppmann, AND fire Modrak AND John Guy AND Jim Overdorf AND the strength and conditioning staff AND the training staff AND Chuck Lester because he's nothing more than the Milton Waddams of the Buffalo Bills.

So, that's the meddling part... but it's "good meddling". :beer:

wow, you're doing great so far. now how are you going to get us out of this toronto bullcrap?

I would look into the "agreement" that was consummated between Ralphie and the Mr. Rogers family. I suppose the agreement still stands even after a transfer of ownership, cause I'm guessing the agreement pertains to the team and has nothing to do with the owner. I would buy out the last two years of the agreement with Toronto... What would that be, 2/5 of the amount? That would suck, 30 million to throw to them. So, let's hypothetically say one more year of the SKYDOME crap... I call the shots on that one... I smack Goodell upside the head and say he puts the Lions in as the opponent at the SKYDOME! :rolleyes:

Now, having modified that... it's time to start contacting the big players in the "stadium building business"... HOK and firms like those. I want them each (about 5 of them all told) ...each of them to do an independent analysis of the superstructure of the stadium. I want to know what the integrity of the facility is like. Is it in good enough working order for another decade, maybe another 15 years. This has to be known if you want to iron out one last lease agreement with Eeeerie County. Would be cool to have the team play there for another 10, maybe even 15 years. (I'm viewing this from the angle that I am much more wealthy than any other NFL owner, albeit that doesn't have to apply to the situation).

So, let's say 10 more years at Buffalo Bills Stadium... (the name changes once Ralphie gives up ownership). I purchase all the land that is on the ECC South grounds once I tell Chris Collins he'd better consolidate ECC to one downtown campus. As the last lease with Buffalo Bills Stadium reaches its 8th year, construction of a new, similarly designed, oval-shaped, outdoor only (no retractable roof) stadium with 90,000 seats would be built running alongside Southwestern Boulevard. I think one of the few major changes I'd like to see would be adopting Baltimore's scoreboard concept of two huge scoreboards at each end zone. Other than that, I'd like the stadium to look a bit like the current one. No edited add-on additions though. A full lower bowl, two levels of skyboxes on the sidelines and then the two upper decks.

Enter in a clause in the transfer of ownership agreement that clearly states the Buffalo Bills must play all home games within the boundaries of Erie Co. NY for the next 50 years. That if any entity attempted to move any home games outside the territory that they would be fined $50 billion during the first year of the agreement. In year two it would be $100 billion and would double in penalty every following year of the 50.

and also hire Ron Wolf... and he can hire Cowher if he so chooses.

and I would tell them to go ahead and purge about 30-50% of the roster, if not more. :death:

Yeah, I call bull on this one.

No way Cowher comes here, if he IS interested it's just so he can float more money out of other teams. Not going to happen.

He wouldn't be my first choice, but what an improvement it would be. My fear is like yours, that he is using the Bills as leverage as several players and coaches have over the past decade, using them to raise the money offered from someone else. Or maybe the timing isn't a coincidence, that the Panthers just announced a day or so ago that John Fox is keeping his job, so Cowher has decided to look elsewhere.

He wouldn't be my first choice, but what an improvement it would be. My fear is like yours, that he is using the Bills as leverage as several players and coaches have over the past decade, using them to raise the money offered from someone else. Or maybe the timing isn't a coincidence, that the Panthers just announced a day or so ago that John Fox is keeping his job, so Cowher has decided to look elsewhere.

As stated by others, why would Cowher need leverage? He is in demand and can pick his team if he chooses.