Supposed big news announcement at 9pm

PromoTheRobot

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think Brandon has as much influence on player acquisitions as you suggest. He may have chimed in that T.O. would be good for ticket sales but that's about it. His influence extends only as far as being the figurehead GM. I really doubt he's in the war room on draft day, and if he is he's just watching. I'm sure Ralph has made many more personnel decisions than Russ.

PTR

Actually, Russ is the one who called up a friend with a plane and flew to FL to pick up TO and Drew Rosenhaus, then began negotiating on the ride back to WNY. Believe him or don't, but from the story he told, he was VERY involved with that deal.

Actually, Russ is the one who called up a friend with a plane and flew to FL to pick up TO and Drew Rosenhaus, then began negotiating on the ride back to WNY. Believe him or don't, but from the story he told, he was VERY involved with that deal.

I don't know one way or the other, but being involved in the negotiations does not mean he was involved in the decision.

Russ as the brains behind the decisions? Doubtful. Russ as implementer and mouthpiece after the decisions are made? Yes. I think this role plays to his strengths.

I agree with one thing Sal said last night - I do like the idea of Russ being the one talking to prospective new hires. His marketing background probably allows him to put the franchise's best foot forward in these conversations.

I don't know one way or the other, but being involved in the negotiations does not mean he was involved in the decision.

We already know directly from Ralph (via his interview with JW) that when Dallas cut Owens, HE was the one who called Brandon and said, "Go after him."

We already know directly from Ralph (via his interview with JW) that when Dallas cut Owens, HE was the one who called Brandon and said, "Go after him."

People here want to bash Brandon for no reason. I defy them to find more wrong with him than right. Brandon brought in Stroud too. I feel since he's taken over things are going better than at any time before 10 years ago.

And that right there is yet another prime example of why we desperately need a real football man at the helm. That day cannot come soon enough.

I agree that Russ's influence likely does not extend very far into personnel decisions. Modrak is definitely the guy with the most influence (as it pertains to draft picks).

And you'd be wrong again. Ralph Wilson flat out admitted that Modrak's opinion on various draft picks and team needs was ignored by the inner circle of decision makers.

People here want to bash Brandon for no reason. I defy them to find more wrong with him than right. Brandon brought in Stroud too. I feel since he's taken over things are going better than at any time before 10 years ago.

:rolleyes: You might want to watch a game or two. No doubt, he's doing a great job as Ralph Wilson's errand boy.

And you'd be wrong again. Ralph Wilson flat out admitted that Modrak's opinion on various draft picks and team needs was ignored by the inner circle of decision makers.

:rolleyes: You might want to watch a game or two. No doubt, he's doing a great job as Ralph Wilson's errand boy.

link?

And that right there is yet another prime example of why we desperately need a real football man at the helm. That day cannot come soon enough.

It's typical Bills management that threw out garbage like Edwards calling Brandon or DJ to sign TO when it was RW all along telling Mr. Smithers what to do in March.

Whether it's transactions like this, not admitting RW signed DJ to a contract in 08, or just wiping (amateurishly I might add) DJ from the team photo, this team comes off more like Barnum and Bailey than a NFL team.

I thought Trent texted Russ (or Jauron)?

He did (or so it was said), but neither one would have had the rank to sign off on the salary. And going by the reaction when the deal went down -- remember, Mr. Graham said he was having trouble believing the Bills (due to prior practice) would make such a move, even as he watched it happen -- I honestly don't think anyone BUT Ralph could've made that suggestion and had it taken seriously.

He did (or so it was said), but neither one would have had the rank to sign off on the salary. And going by the reaction when the deal went down -- remember, Mr. Graham said he was having trouble believing the Bills (due to prior practice) would make such a move, even as he watched it happen -- I honestly don't think anyone BUT Ralph could've made that suggestion and had it taken seriously.

Cool. I'd agree Ralph almost has to sign off on the final salary.

I always thought it was something along the lines of Trent texting Russ. Then Russ and Jauron talking about it. The rest of the inner circle gets involved to some extent. Then Ralph gives the final go/no go. Of course, I have no sources deep inside the organization :rolleyes: . I'm just a guy sittin on his couch drawing vague conclusions from a frabricated world in my mind.