Supposed big news announcement at 9pm

PromoTheRobot

1) Ralph Wilson may have a succession plan with an heir. Speculation is it could be Mary Wilson, Ralph's wife, who could take over.

That's actually something that some of us heard almost 2 years ago. Mary doesn't need to pay an estate tax being Ralph's spouse, only a tax on the sale when she sells it to Kelly's group

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

PTR: Thanks for the info. I really like Cowher. Yeah, Lebeau deserves a lot of credit, but Cowher coached in Pitt for a very long time and was pretty successful. He's a good football guy. I wouldn't be surprised if he wanted control of scouting and related things, though (which would be cool with me - bye, bye Modrak and Guy).

As for Mary Wilson being several years younger than my mother and married to a guy in his nineties, I say go Ralphie! :censored:

So a guy named "Coach Sal" is breaking inside information about a very personal business affair of a multimillionaire. Got it.

Sal has broken info. on other Bills boards in the past; including Lee Evans extension and TO signing with the Bills, b4 seeing it on ESPN, SI or Foxsports. He seems to have some good sources. He could always be wrong, but based on past experience reading his stuff if he puts something out there it usually turns out to be good info.

Sal has broken info. on other Bills boards in the past; including Lee Evans extension and TO signing with the Bills, b4 seeing it on ESPN, SI or Foxsports. He seems to have some good sources. He could always be wrong, but based on past experience reading his stuff if he puts something out there it usually turns out to be good info.
Agreed, plus I think he's connected with one of the Sunday feeds that has really come thru big time this year. :censored:

That's actually something that some of us heard almost 2 years ago. Mary doesn't need to pay an estate tax being Ralph's spouse, only a tax on the sale when she sells it to Kelly's group

Assuming the old estate tax system remains/comes back, she would not be paying any significant capital gains tax, right? Isn't her basis the FMV at the time of Ralph's death?

Something about some guy named Cowher? Whatever. The Sabres won! 4-3 in regulation after being down 3-0.

Seriously, though, I read on WGR's website that Cowher said he wasn't interested (though this could simply be based on his comment from earlier in the season).

First rule of thumb...always question anything WGR puts up about the Bills....the only thing Cowher has ever said was that he wouldn't interview for any jobs during the season

Coach Sal, whoever that is, seems to have some serious fanboys out there... scolding the newcomers to the site... lol, losers.

Coach Sal has something that even WGR doesn't have....credibility with a good track record on the news he breaks

I agree. Sal is very good and definitely has some sources in the organization. I'll go on record as saying I think Cowher is a bit overrated (LeBeau deserves a ton of credit for his ring) but his name alone made it move a little bit haha. He definitely could build a team that is made to play in Buffalo (of course, we only had 2 home games under 40 degrees but still).

"He definitely could build a team that is made to play in Buffalo (of course, we only had 2 home games under 40 degrees but still)."

Why so sure??

what single shred of evidence in Cowher's career as a COACH supports that he has any clue whatsoever on evaluating talent and building a team?

He may be able to coach a blue collar team, but even that is questionable as he screwed up more home playoff games with superior talent than any coach available.

"He definitely could build a team that is made to play in Buffalo (of course, we only had 2 home games under 40 degrees but still)."

Why so sure??

what single shred of evidence in Cowher's career as a COACH supports that he has any clue whatsoever on evaluating talent and building a team?

He may be able to coach a blue collar team, but even that is questionable as he screwed up more home playoff games with superior talent than any coach available.

Ok then who can you get that is better

Why so sure??

I was just waiting for someone to come in here and find a way to bash Cowher for whatever reason. Fact is, Cowher is a WINNER and has won consistently. All the negativity here frustrates me. We are all Bills fans, why can't we get excited about our team for once?

Cowher would be a good pick but im not OVERLY impressed with him. He's a really good coach but 15 years as a head coach takes him 14 years to win a super bowl and were not talking about a team that was cheap or didnt have a winning tradition. What is impressive is the coaching staffs he put together over the years. Some one talented would leave he'd replace them with another good coach, tied into that is who he has won with at quarterback - Neil O'donnel, Mike Tomaczak, Kordell Stewart, Tommy Maddox, and of course Roethlisberger. Ben is a great qb but the rest or barely average to below average guys but kept on winning. - downside only two winning records the last 4 years (for a legend) and what has their draft looked like with Billy C calling the shots

Why so sure??

Nobody can be sure of anything no matter who is hired. Cowher is a coach who has won more games than he's lost. He's led his teams to multiple playoff appearances. He's led his team to a SB win. What more can you ask for? If Andy Reid were available he'd be a good coach to get and he's never won the big one. Not winning the big one is no sin. Continually putting your team in a position to play for the big one is not easy; I will take that track record over Dick Jauron's losing pedigree as a HC. Or a hot coordinator. He's a quality coach with a winning pedigree at the highest level. We could do worse. But if he isn't the choice whoever they get will hopefully have a winning history in the pro game.

Let me add just a tad bit of fuel to the fire. This is worth nothing, but it makes this thread even more fun....

#1 Bill Cowher HATED Tom Donahoe, and my guess is he would LOVE to do in Buffalo, what TD couldn't. First, win the SB without TD, and then turn around Buffalo when TD couldn't.

#2 I had a breakdown the week that DJ was fired. So, just to fire up myself, and get some Bills fans fired up, I called Sirius NFL Radio and tried to talk Marty into coming back to Buffalo. He was flattered and said some good things about the town, fans, etc. The wierd thing is that he did say this.....he's not really interested in coaching again, however, in his opinion, he thought the Bills should target Bill Cowher. He called Cowher a perfect fit for Buffalo, and said the Bills organization and their fans might actually be surprised to hear that Cowher would be interested. He said that the Bills should pursue him with every resource they have and they just might be surprised in his interest.

:censored:

Cowher would be a good pick but im not OVERLY impressed with him. He's a really good coach but 15 years as a head coach takes him 14 years to win a super bowl and were not talking about a team that was cheap or didnt have a winning tradition. What is impressive is the coaching staffs he put together over the years. Some one talented would leave he'd replace them with another good coach, tied into that is who he has won with at quarterback - Neil O'donnel, Mike Tomaczak, Kordell Stewart, Tommy Maddox, and of course Roethlisberger. Ben is a great qb but the rest or barely average to below average guys but kept on winning. - downside only two winning records the last 4 years (for a legend) and what has their draft looked like with Billy C calling the shots

The Rooney family is notoriously cheap and historically hasn't wanted to pay for premier players. That's changed a bit recently but its not fair to lay all of those 14 years on Cowher.

I did find it odd that Cowher felt the need to address the Bills game during the post game shows this Sunday. I would have been he would never give the Buffalo/Atlanta game a second thought but he made some reference to it specifically.

I got a funny feeling............

Then again, it might be gas!

Let me add just a tad bit of fuel to the fire. This is worth nothing, but it makes this thread even more fun....

#1 Bill Cowher HATED Tom Donahoe, and my guess is he would LOVE to do in Buffalo, what TD couldn't. First, win the SB without TD, and then turn around Buffalo when TD couldn't.

#2 I had a breakdown the week that DJ was fired. So, just to fire up myself, and get some Bills fans fired up, I called Sirius NFL Radio and tried to talk Marty into coming back to Buffalo. He was flattered and said some good things about the town, fans, etc. The wierd thing is that he did say this.....he's not really interested in coaching again, however, in his opinion, he thought the Bills should target Bill Cowher. He called Cowher a perfect fit for Buffalo, and said the Bills organization and their fans might actually be surprised to hear that Cowher would be interested. He said that the Bills should pursue him with every resource they have and they just might be surprised in his interest.

:censored:

#1 Maybe, but I would think the Donahoe thing is history. Cowher got Donahoe fired then Donahoe went down in flames as Cowher continued to win and won a SB. Donahoe is totally irrelevant now. Nothing to prove, game over.

#2 I'll gladly take Cowher. I always thought he was a poor man's Marty who just coached for a better organization, but he is a winner. The Bills have never had a HC who has won a SB for any team so it would be a monumental upgrade. As someone else mentioned, he hires good assistants which is probably the most important thing a HC can do.