Supposed big news announcement at 9pm

PromoTheRobot

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, so the inheritance tax only kicks in for kids and other relatives. Maybe I knew that. Still, how much younger is she? It'd be nice to get a considerably younger and stable owner (who wasn't a penny-pincher).

Going from this article, she graduated college in 1967, so figuring she would have been 21 or 22, that would make her about early to mid 60's.

Picture

Well people post all kinds of blogs and online nonsense so I don't think Coach Sal is any less legit than some of the dart-throwers out there.

In summation: 1) Ralph Wilson may have a succession plan with an heir. Speculation is it could be Mary Wilson, Ralph's wife, who could take over. 2) Bill Cowher has been speaking with Russ Brandon the past two weeks about taking over the Bills and is interested in the job. Carolina and Tampa are also players for Cowher but the Bills are in the mix.

PTR

Well people post all kinds of blogs and online nonsense so I don't think Coach Sal is any less legit than some of the dart-throwers out there.

In summation: 1) Ralph Wilson may have a succession plan with an heir. Speculation is it could be Mary Wilson, Ralph's wife, who could take over. 2) Bill Cowher has been speaking with Russ Brandon the past two weeks about taking over the Bills and is interested in the job. Carolina and Tampa are also players for Cowher but the Bills are in the mix.

PTR

Thanks, PTR. Some of us appreciate the info.

If all that proves to be true is that there's a succession plan involving an heir, I'll be ecstatic. That means the Bills stay in Buffalo for a good while longer. If the Cowher thing doesn't materialize, it's not the end of the world.

PTR

I agree. Sal is very good and definitely has some sources in the organization. I'll go on record as saying I think Cowher is a bit overrated (LeBeau deserves a ton of credit for his ring) but his name alone made it move a little bit haha. He definitely could build a team that is made to play in Buffalo (of course, we only had 2 home games under 40 degrees but still).

if wilson offers the most money cowher will take it... just give him an offer that he cant refuse.... i know people think ralph is cheap but he is not. once he is in the mood to get a winner he gives up the cash.

thats how we kept bruce, jim andre, thurman bennett etc....

i expect ralph to come after bill hard. he would also knock out 2 birds with one stone being the gm/coach

Sal has some very good sources. The source on this one is not inside the Bills' organization, but he has 100% confidence in his source. On other boards, he's broken the Lee Evans extension & the TO signing.

Here's what he's saying (through his interpreter on the stream, they're trying to get him live).

The team has a very stable organization, there is a succession plan in place which involves the team being kept in the family & not sold. With this stability, Cowher has had talks with the Bills and is interested in the job. This does not mean he's going to take it, but he's had ongoing talks.

Assuming there's any credibiity to this source, if "the info" came from Cowher's side as opposed to the "Bills side", you have to consider motivations. Cowher's only motivation to release this info is to use the Bills as leverage with other teams.

Wasn't that the exact case with Shanahan?

Assuming there's any credibiity to this source, if "the info" came from Cowher's side as opposed to the "Bills side", you have to consider motivations. Cowher's only motivation to release this info is to use the Bills as leverage with other teams.

i highly doubt that, buffalo is very similar to pittsburgh and seems like a perfect match for cowher....

Ah, so the inheritance tax only kicks in for kids and other relatives. Maybe I knew that. Still, how much younger is she? It'd be nice to get a considerably younger and stable owner (who wasn't a penny-pincher).

My wife is a lawyer (albeit a very new one) and I asked her if she remembered anything about estate stuff. She dug out her federal Tax statute book and breezed through it but we have each had a few adult beverages tonight and quickly lost interest....Glad we could help! :censored:

i highly doubt that, buffalo is very similar to pittsburgh and seems like a perfect match for cowher....

i always kind of wonder at the simplicity of some of the pro-con arguments. did shanahan really need a discussion with the bills to add legitimacy to his resume? does cowher?

i think when you're dealing with guys like this, at some point money is only part of the deal. maybe the appeal is a piece of the team for cowher. intergenerational family wealth can be tempting (i'd think).

i've been kicked in the jimmy too many times with my love of the Bills that i'll simply hunker down and wait for the selection. either way, i'm in it for the long haul but it'd be nice to have cowher is the house.

Why in the world do you think Shanahan and Cowher need leverage? They are all ready the top guys on the market. They are exploring all the options like anyone would.

True. I never really got the leverage with Shanahan thing...everyone in the world knew Dallas and Washington would be players and does Shanny really need to use Buffalo as leverage with those guys?