Captain Checkdown

Guest dog14787
lol, you are the one that calls me names, where as I call you out on the flip flop gibberish you spill on here all the tiime like when you claimed Trent to be better than Jim Kelly in just about every key attribute for a QB.

Second, I just simply asked you how many flip flop excuses are you going to come up with because you will try and discredit points people make saying one thing in one thread (often mocking the posters) then you will flip flop in other threads saying the exact opposite (again mocking those posters)...thats not a personal attack, thats just calling you on your flip flop debate...

In other words, no matter what the topic is, you will call everyone crazy, use emoticons, and say what ever necessary (no matter how outlandinsh) in your post, even when its completely contradictory to what you claim in other threads.

So, if you are going to continue to contradict yourself constantly, expect to be called on it, especially when you are mocking posters in your flip flops.

Seriously, you really need to stop wasting folks time reading this BS

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow..."Captain Checkdown" has gone national....can't wait to see the opposing teams' fans jump all over that one.

:wallbash:<_<:censored: :censored:

the person who called in on GR's whiner line during the preseason i think gets credit for the Captain Checkdown label. AP used that reference back in August, and i believe Sully did as well.

while Tim took a different route, and just as good, AP reported on Monday that of Trent's 91 attempts, only 13 have traveled 16 yards in the air. he's 4-of-12 13 on those attempts.

his first 20 attempts against New Orleans were thrown 15 yards or shorter, and only attempted 2 passes that are considered deep by NFL standards -- both incompletions to T.O.

clearly, the two studies of the passing numbers reflect how the Bills have not opened up their passing attack.

jw

FIXED.

Maybe this is Trent' problem. Lifted this quote from Jimbo's article talking about Chad Henne: "To be successful quarterbacks need to react not think. Any time you can get a quarterback thinking while the play is unfolding they’re done."

Sound like anyone we know?

Yeah, really! He's like a hero or something--showing so much restraint.

If you think he was crestfallen after last week's loss---you should see how upset he was after his team lost the Super Bowl.

Awww, poor baby. I know you and most of the media have been waiting with bated breath to say "TO done blowed up tha team," and this was the perfect opportunity for him to do so, but it just didn't happen (obviously much to your chagrin). I mean, even though Trent played like JP on muscle relaxants, his consecutive games-with-a-catch streak was broken, and the media tried to get him to say something inflammatory by asking such "appropriate" questions as "do you think you and Evans are being wasted?" TO didn't give any of his detractors the satisfaction. But it still didn't stop them (ahem) from blithering on about god knows what. Not that it wasn't totally expected.

And how crestfallen do you believe TO wasn't after losing the SB? And what about Moss? How crestfallen was he after losing the SB? What about Fitzgerald? What did they say to you, in confidence?

clearly, the two studies of the passing numbers reflect how the Bills have not opened up their passing attack.

jw

Or they have, and Edwards still ain't throwing them. Either way, it's still annoying. Having Evans and TO is like owning a Porsche and Ferrari,except with the Bills offense, it's like never driving above the speed limit. A complete waste of resources.

Or they have, and Edwards still ain't throwing them. Either way, it's still annoying. Having Evans and TO is like owning a Porsche and Ferrari,except with the Bills offense, it's like never driving above the speed limit. A complete waste of resources.

More like never taking them out of the garage unless you are going no further than 1 block to the neighborhood store

To be honest, I don't care if he doesn't throw it deep much. I'm more concerned that he's not getting it to TO or Evans. You get some shorter stuff to them and they'll make the plays. I've just had enough of the 1 yd outs to Derek Fine.

If you get playmakers the ball in space, short or long, they will make plays for you. Last monday night, they kept showing TO highlights...many of them were him taking short throws and making them into big plays....so get him the ball, no matter if its long or short.

Get some brains people, it all starts upfront with the O-line.

The average fan will never understand this. Not ever. On defense, it all starts up front at the DT position. DEs are the hardest defenders to find, but even the good ones can't excel without a solid middle. Who did Schobel play better with, Sam Adams or Tim Anderson?

This Bills team is paying the price for the senility and idiocy of the Levy/Jauron era, and will continue to do so until Jauron is fired, and the team has a season or 2 to recover from his simply pathetic football philosophy.

I am very encouraged by Wood and Levitre, but if Jauron the loser is associated with our beloved franchise next season, he will be looking for another Whitner or McKelvin with our very possible top 5 draft selection. Yes, Jauron really is THAT bad.

He has simply got to go. Jauron is a decayed tooth to this team. The infection must be removed.

The average fan will never understand this. Not ever. On defense, it all starts up front at the DT position. DEs are the hardest defenders to find, but even the good ones can't excel without a solid middle. Who did Schobel play better with, Sam Adams or Tim Anderson?

This Bills team is paying the price for the senility and idiocy of the Levy/Jauron era, and will continue to do so until Jauron is fired, and the team has a season or 2 to recover from his simply pathetic football philosophy.

I am very encouraged by Wood and Levitre, but if Jauron the loser is associated with our beloved franchise next season, he will be looking for another Whitner or McKelvin with our very possible top 5 draft selection. Yes, Jauron really is THAT bad.

He has simply got to go. Jauron is a decayed tooth to this team. The infection must be removed.

the front office needs to go as well

after 15 years, they finally decide to spend high draft picks on the OL

but in the same off season they create utter chaos by purging Peters, Walker and Dockery to save money. Fine they are overpaid, but good teams don't gut the OL until better replacements are in place.

Knowing they were to play hardball with Peters in 2008, they should have drafted Ryan Clady to give them the leverage to do so - no another injury prone cover CB who they play in soft zone 10 yards off the WR.

More like never taking them out of the garage unless you are going no further than 1 block to the neighborhood store

I've become pretty critical of Edwards myself, but I do think that people should more clearly acknowledge the fact that the Bills offensive line at the tackle positions is pretty freaking bad. It'll affect any QB's play. Deciding that they could make do without Peters was not wise. The guys playing tackle tomorrow wouldn't make half the rosters in the NFL.

Sam Bradford or Colt McCoy is the solution here... anyone who is willing to do more than play it uber-safe and watch the other team eventually out-score us and our defense collapse into faints because of the time of possession.

Against New England, it looked intelligent. Now that teams know we won't threaten in the middle of the field, it is child's play.

The last drive in the game with Edwards convinced me that he's not the guy for us- it was so vanilla that I swear it looked like we were WINNING rather than losing.

I've become pretty critical of Edwards myself, but I do think that people should more clearly acknowledge the fact that the Bills offensive line at the tackle positions is pretty freaking bad. It'll affect any QB's play. Deciding that they could make do without Peters was not wise. The guys playing tackle tomorrow wouldn't make half the rosters in the NFL.

No one is saying the O Line has been stellar, but its not as bad as some would make you believe. The biggest issue is the penalties with them. The problem is this...last year and this year, when Trent has had plenty of time to throw he still cant do anything with the ball. If it were a case where he was picking people off left and right when he actually had time to throw, and then stunk when he didnt, then the O Line would be a much more valid explanation. However, thats just not the case as he can have an enternity back there and he still dumps the pass off and fails to see anyone open downfield.

So, not disputing that the O Line is not important, but its not the main reason for Trents lack of attempts to our WR's. And you dont need a ton of time to throw to a WR unless you are going deep. In fact, it takes less time to throw to a WR then a TE or RB on most plays, especially in our offense.

TE and RB's a lot of times stay in to block or fake the block before breaking out into their routes, especially RB's. WR's immediately break into their routes on the snap of a ball. This means that the WR will be in a spot for Trent to fire a pass before the RB and TE in most cases. The difference is the TE and RB will frequently be within 5 to 7 yards of the LOS making for an easy dumpoff it Trent still has the ball (which he often does as he holds onto the ball too long)

Given all this, Trent still only passes to TE's and RB's...so the lack of "time" is a convenient excuse, but it just doesnt translates as a valid excuse for not throwing to Lee and T.O.

Deep passes along the sideline are the hardest to make, perspective and depth gets lost on the route. Slants and crossing routes are easier to track and throw the completetion. So whoever is playcalling (AVP IMHO) is not calling enough slants and crosses to help Trent and get TO and LE involved in the game.

No one is saying the O Line has been stellar, but its not as bad as some would make you believe. The biggest issue is the penalties with them. The problem is this...last year and this year, when Trent has had plenty of time to throw he still cant do anything with the ball. If it were a case where he was picking people off left and right when he actually had time to throw, and then stunk when he didnt, then the O Line would be a much more valid explanation. However, thats just not the case as he can have an enternity back there and he still dumps the pass off and fails to see anyone open downfield.

So, not disputing that the O Line is not important, but its not the main reason for Trents lack of attempts to our WR's. And you dont need a ton of time to throw to a WR unless you are going deep. In fact, it takes less time to throw to a WR then a TE or RB on most plays, especially in our offense.

TE and RB's a lot of times stay in to block or fake the block before breaking out into their routes, especially RB's. WR's immediately break into their routes on the snap of a ball. This means that the WR will be in a spot for Trent to fire a pass before the RB and TE in most cases. The difference is the TE and RB will frequently be within 5 to 7 yards of the LOS making for an easy dumpoff it Trent still has the ball (which he often does as he holds onto the ball too long)

Given all this, Trent still only passes to TE's and RB's...so the lack of "time" is a convenient excuse, but it just doesnt translates as a valid excuse for not throwing to Lee and T.O.

right on the money alpha

I know what you are saying. I will be there on Sunday to see it live. He has time to throw it. i am surprised no one has attacked his mental clock before. Every great QB has one. Marino was uncanny at releasing the ball right before contact, not to mention he had a cannon.

But he has no confidence, once a Qbs confidence goes hes done. Forget it. You can give him Rice, Largaent, Monk, Reed you name it and it won't matter.

I hope you are wrong but ever since the cleveland game last year I have worried that he just doesn't have the confidence to bounce back from adversity that a QB simply has to have in this league.

Deep passes along the sideline are the hardest to make, perspective and depth gets lost on the route. Slants and crossing routes are easier to track and throw the completetion. So whoever is playcalling (AVP IMHO) is not calling enough slants and crosses to help Trent and get TO and LE involved in the game.

the pick last week on a throw to TO was a slant, however, we had just run two slants to Evans and the Saints were looking for it which is why Greer sat on the route. Its also what they faked when TO was open on that long one, they took advantage of the DB playing the slant and blew by him. Terrible pass though.