BREAKING NEWS: SCHONERT FIRED

thebandit27

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bills just gave up on their season. DJ and Brandon couldn't figure out this move 4 months ago?

You mean, before they organized a pre-draft strategy, traded their pro bowl starting LT, drafted two rookie guards, signed a new center, brought in an elite WR, and installed a new offense? This is tragic.

Schefter just reported it on SportsCenter.

edit: Said he talked to a league source who told him, "this league has lost its soul". But players on the team have confirmed it and AVP will likely be named OC at the press conference today.

On one hand, I'm glad, as Turk was clearly waaaaay out of his element. On the other hand, this is yet more evidence that this club is a floundering joke with no organizational cohesion or direction.

Until we have a real GM, sh-- like this will continue to be the norm.

I admire the FO for taking care of business now instead of later! It takes courage to do something like this at this stage, but it appears it was necessary. Once you know someone is a problem area, you've got to take care of it and soon.

On one hand, I'm glad, as Turk was clearly waaaaay out of his element. On the other hand, this is yet more evidence that this club is a floundering joke with no organizational cohesion or direction.

Fear not! This is merely the first of the twelve steps. They've acknowledged they have a problem.

wow...

turk must have said or done something really, really stupid - beyond his crappy play calling.

avp? nice guy. can he match wits with the likes of belichick?

not likely.

I sure as hell hope that jauron brings in a seasoned and clever mind to consult with avp and help strategize and manage the games. If avp is on an island, that island will soon be LOST.

may I please revise my prediction to 5-11 please? thank you.

You mean like Captain Queeg Donahoe?

I am kind of surprised it has been 45 minutes since the original post, and nobody from the Buffalo News has been able to confirm it or deny it with a post on the newspaper's Web site. Either they're dreadfully slow at putting things online or they're consistently getting scooped by other media. Shouldn't the local guys get first dibs on these things?

For all you saying that they should have done this sooner.

Consider how many OCs we have gone through in the past several years and how there were so many complaints that the team and the QBs would learn one system only to have to learn another.

There were some promising offensive games last year, indicating that Turk might right the ship. Then the putrid preseason performance happened and the front office that any continuity concerns were outweighed by the need for a change. I think all of this was rational.