BREAKING NEWS: SCHONERT FIRED

thebandit27

• Replies 519
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this just another example of how screwed up this whole organization is? So we fire an Offensive Coordinator who shouldn't have even been brought back this year after last years disaster. We let him stay the entire preseason and install his No Huddle offense, and only his No Huddle Offense, no huddles all training camp and preseason. Now he is gone, we bring in a nice guy, probably a smart guy who has what one or two years as a QB Coach, and give him the offense with 8 days to prepare to play maybe the best team in the NFL? Are they going to try to put in a new offense with a little over a week to do it, or stay with the No Huddle that hasn't worked once in preseason? Either way it is bad, bad news for Bills faithful. This season is destined to be one of our worst, without a doubt. What is wrong with this organization? Over the last decade, they have made very few moves that have made much sense. Is there any hope for us and the Bills, or should we just stop routing for them and watch games as if we are watching "Two and a Half Men", just for the entertainment value? Does anyone at OBD have a clue?

Would you be happier if he stayed? I understand your points and agree but this could be good. Maybe the players did not buy in to the system or it did not play to their strengths. You're right. This is a mess.

I know it falls in the woulda coulda shouda bucket but why the hell did he not do this at the end of last season? Maybe AVP is named to step up but there is no way a new system gets installed now.

Because that would have made too much sense. Much better to fire a guy for his inability to win completely meaningless games with starters off the field for at least a half, a week before the season begins.

Great. We're actually as retarded as the Chiefs now. :rolleyes:

Guest dog14787
Because that would have made too much sense. Much better to fire a guy for his inability to win completely meaningless games with starters off the field for at least a half, a week before the season begins.

Van Pelt may do allot better then Shonert

our offense has sucked for years. i am pretty sure turks firing has that much to do with the preseason

I agree with this sentiment. However, this offense hasn't even resembled a professional NFL offense for quite some time and, in particular, seemed to regress in the last month. 15 series over 4 games and 3 points. It really can't get much worse than that.

I'm not sure what to make of this news, if it is indeed true. But, it's hard to see that it can do much more harm to the team. Actually, its just the first of what I suspect will be multiple firings this season.

Clearly a desperation move...it will make no difference in the fortunes of this team, which remains equally incompetent with or without Schonert, only now leaving the players in a state of total confusion. The thing is, teams will adjust the roster, make off season acquisitions, draft players, and cut players based on the scheme of the OC.

To suddenly decide now, after the preseason has been completed and the week of the first game is upon us, that the switch needed to be made at OC is not "doing something", it's panicking like a bunch of Keystone Cops and everyone in the league knows it. :rolleyes:

Now, if they fired Jauron that might be different!