• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets run a little checklist here.

According to Goodell...

1. Repeated beating/battering of a woman - Its ok, only 1 game

2. Running an illegal gambling/dog killin operation and spending 2 years in the federal pen - its ok, only 5 games (potentially 0, depending on who vick signs with)

3. Countless cheap shots where upon the violator was fined by the league - thats fine, no penalty

4. Carrying a gun locked in a box in your trunk - Nope, 3 games, no chance of reducing the suspension.

You stay consistent there, roger.

Perhaps the line of thinking is that Lynch got off easy last year and this year a clear message needs to be sent to him. Hard to say. It is what it is. Time to move on. Most importantly let's hope Lynch learns from this and truly does make some better life decisions.

I think they are definitely enforcing it to make up for the lost lesson after the hit-and-run. They didn't suspend him then, and he didn't keep his nose out of trouble. It's too bad, but he has no one to blame but himself. It's not Goodell's fault.

You're not supposed to say that here.

Thought the commish might knock off a game like he has done with Brandon Marshall last season, and others. Guess not.

Lynch Appeal Denied

B'gals Aaron Brooks got a year for driving drunk twice. He went to all the meetings, then came back, and was swept up in the Vick publicity and Goodell having to be a tough guy for appearances' sake . So Brooks got another year. He kept up his AA meetings, reaffirmed his no-booze life. He came back, but missed a date - his fault - so he got another year from Roger.

He filed suit - the ADA considers alcoholism as a disability. I wonder where that lawsuit is? - the decision if it ever comes about could be a big thing in pro football.

Compared to Brooks, MW got off light. Or Brooks got stabbed because of the Vick publicity.

Meh...Freddy Jackson ran for over 130 yards against the Patriots when they were fighting for their playoff lives, and that was with them putting 8 in the box throughout the entire friggin game.

I've got a lot of confidence in Freddy, he plays hard and never gives up on plays. No problems with him and Rhodes holding down the fort for three games...

B'gals Aaron Brooks got a year for driving drunk twice. He went to all the meetings, then came back, and was swept up in the Vick publicity and Goodell having to be a tough guy for appearances' sake . So Brooks got another year. He kept up his AA meetings, reaffirmed his no-booze life. He came back, but missed a date - his fault - so he got another year from Roger.

He filed suit - the ADA considers alcoholism as a disability. I wonder where that lawsuit is? - the decision if it ever comes about could be a big thing in pro football.

Compared to Brooks, MW got off light. Or Brooks got stabbed because of the Vick publicity.

Was that Brooks, or Odell Thurman? Thought Aaron Brooks was the Saints QB.

I have no problem with what Goodell did (and is doing). Many professional athletes are just morons. Here, we'll give you millions of dollars to play football for a living, all you have to do is not carry around an unlicensed gun (and in Plax's case, all you have to do is not shoot yourself). And they still manage to screw it up.

My thing is, the Bills' luck just continues to be terrible. In a season with no margin for error, things are off to a bad start.

I have no problem with what Goodell did (and is doing). Many professional athletes are just morons. Here, we'll give you millions of dollars to play football for a living, all you have to do is not carry around an unlicensed gun (and in Plax's case, all you have to do is not shoot yourself). And they still manage to screw it up.

My thing is, the Bills' luck just continues to be terrible. In a season with no margin for error, things are off to a bad start.

I think that it's clear that most people aren't upset that Marshawn got punished. People are upset over the inconsistencies and big market bias in which the manner of the punishments are doled out. Even if you want to say Marshawn is being punished more severely because of last year's arrest, Marshall had three, yes three, arrests before his first suspension that was reduced from three games to one. Also he has subsequently been arrested again with no punishment. Michael Vick is on the cusp of being reinstated after doing a stretch on federal charges...Plaxico will probably skate with minimal punishment after he does his stretch. The inconsistency really is laughable. Clearly Goodell sees his tough guy image fading as he lets the big market big money stars off easily so he needs to make up for it somewhere. Buffalo loses again.

I dont disagree with Lynch being forced to serve all 3 games what I am against is the fact that Marshall didnt have to do the same.

Marshall probably did not lie to Goodell's face after his first traffic incident

and to follow it up with a weapons charge

it's not too smart to piss off your judge and jury -

but Lynch isn't the sharpest thug in town

You're not supposed to say that here.

yep...(shhhh...our starting RB is public nuisance thug)...but no worries as there shouldn't be that big of a drop-off with Jackson and Rhodes for the first three games.

NE, TB and NOLA are going to get TOed anyway.

I don't have a problem with Lynch getting a game or two just to teach him a lesson that he can't get away with this crap and to set a precedent that if he gets in trouble again that he will get a bigger suspension. Basically suspending him so that he has a suspension on his record.

To me 3 games seems a little excessive. Especially when you consider the fact that he has not had any serious trouble (Yeah the hit and run but does that really count as a serious incident). The guy needs to be roped in but I think a one or a two game suspension would have done just that.

To me Lynch's rep or personality must have rubbed Goodell the wrong way there is no reason for a third game. As other posters have pointed out the process of having no appeals process leads to inconsistencies. I mean really the person who you appeal to is Rodger Goodell the man who hands out the suspension in the first place. I hope in the next CBA the players fight to have an arbitrator hear appeals or something like that so these inconsistencies don't happen again.

Lets run a little checklist here.

According to Goodell...

1. Repeated beating/battering of a woman - Its ok, only 1 game

2. Running an illegal gambling/dog killin operation and spending 2 years in the federal pen - its ok, only 5 games (potentially 0, depending on who vick signs with)

3. Countless cheap shots where upon the violator was fined by the league - thats fine, no penalty

4. Carrying a gun locked in a box in your trunk - Nope, 3 games, no chance of reducing the suspension.

You stay consistent there, roger.

you failed to mention that this was Lynch's second problem in less then a year

Whatever . . . ML has no one to blame but himself.

My view of Goodell primarily will be based on what he does to make sure that the Bills stay in Buffalo.

Exactly Peter. The bottom line is Goodell might have gone easy in the Marshall situation but who knows the circumstances. I don't know what Marshall has been convicted of and how the player's union viewed that situation. The player's union influences every move the league makes.

The NFL is far more concerned with firearms than it is with domestic disputes. It might seem disturbing to some but it's the truth. Every league in the world has drunk driving, drugs , womanizing, and domestic violence. The NFL and NBA are terrified of the guns. As they should be. An unlicensed firearm is far more damaging than a bloody nose.

Exactly Peter. The bottom line is Goodell might have gone easy in the Marshall situation but who knows the circumstances. I don't know what Marshall has been convicted of and how the player's union viewed that situation. The player's union influences every move the league makes.

The NFL is far more concerned with firearms than it is with domestic disputes. It might seem disturbing to some but it's the truth. Every league in the world has drunk driving, drugs , womanizing, and domestic violence. The NFL and NBA are terrified of the guns. As they should be. An unlicensed firearm is far more damaging than a bloody nose.

:P

Probably one of the most ridiculous statements I've ever heard. You realize that quite a few abusive spouses end-up killing their spouse, right? Not to mention the absurdity of a gun in and of itself can do harm.

:P

Probably one of the most ridiculous statements I've ever heard. You realize that quite a few abusive spouses end-up killing their spouse, right? Not to mention the absurdity of a gun in and of itself can do harm.

It's not just my opinon. It's the opinion of our lawmakers and the buying public.