Vick reinstated on conditional basis

He committed federal crimes by crossing state lines with his illegal dogfighting ring, bottom line. Who cares what the prosecutor thought. He got a 3 year suspended jail sentence from the state charges in VA so either way, he was gonna do time.

You said there was a double standard.

I'm a agreeing with that. There were redundant charges which you point out.

Justice could have been served at the state level without Federal Conspiracy charges but on actual Dogfighting charges at the state level.

It's the Virginia law makes dogfighting illegal.

But the Feds moved in with the Interstate commerce clause and RICO statues because he was a celeb. (i.e. Special treatment)

Anyway...I'm sorry I got into this on the main board.

I won't return volley.

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The man is real fast, he had 1,000 yards in 2006 from the QB position.

The man was real fast. He's spent two years without NFL nutrition / workouts / training, and is getting close to 30.

5 years deal, $20 Million total with $6 Million guaranteed upfront is my guess.

:wallbash:

I just thought it was unintentionally hilarious that he saw fit to lecture someone who has actually served in a state-level political party on the details of the Constitution, when he doesn't appear to have a firm grasp of them himself.

Back to your regularly-scheduled Vick debate.

Details...details...

Maybe he and Obama can scream racism. Then Vick, Obama and Goodell can can get together some Tuesday at the white house for a beer.

Just so long as they keep the First Family's dog out of sight ...

Another TO quote from John Warrow.....(Mo and Kita better learn to write better talking points)

WR Terrell Owens had nothing more to share regarding his views on Michael Vick, a day after NFL commissioner Roger Goodell decided to conditionally reinstate the quarterback. "I've already said what I've had to say," said Owens, who previously said any extension of Vick's suspension would be similar to "kicking a dead horse."

I think Vick needs to go to a place with a strong head coach who will absorb most of the media blitz, maybe even intimidate them. A Black head coach preferably. That's why I say S.F.

Probably the best place in the NFL for him. If he gets out of line...Singletary will drop his drawers and show him who is the boss.

Probably the best place in the NFL for him. If he gets out of line...Singletary will drop his drawers and show him who is the boss.

Someone who can take the heat off Vick. He's going to need it. I said Black because I feel Vick would follow a black head coach over white one. It's my feeling on where Vick is mentally right now.

Guest dog14787
Someone who can take the heat off Vick. He's going to need it. I said Black because I feel Vick would follow a black head coach over white one. It's my feeling on where Vick is mentally right now.

Care to elaborate on why Belicheat wouldn't have the same if not better results handling Vick than Singletary. I'm not sure I follow you. ( not that I don't agree with you on Mike Singletary being a good choice because I do)

Care to elaborate on why Belicheat wouldn't have the same if not better results handling Vick than Singletary. I'm not sure I follow you. ( not that I don't agree with you on Mike Singletary being a good choice because I do)

Because Belichick is white

Guest dog14787
Because Belichick is white

The National Football League is not racist in any way, shape or form that I am aware of and coach is coach regardless of the skin color.

I don't think there would have been a federal prosecution for someone as little known as ......... Ron Mexico.

It would have stayed a state investigation, and probably prosecuted as a felony under state statutes (and rightly so).

In other words, it wouldn't have become a Federal matter without his high profile. Which IMO is a double standard.

the only double standard I see here, is how a professional athlete can get his job back after being accused, tried, found guilty, and imprisoned for a felony, and then get his job back.

If it was any 'normal' person without the profile, we would never get our job back.

the only double standard I see here, is how a professional athlete can get his job back after being accused, tried, found guilty, and imprisoned for a felony, and then get his job back.

He got his job back?

I didn't realize he was playing QB for the Falcons this year.

The National Football League is not racist in any way, shape or form that I am aware of and coach is coach regardless of the skin color.

yes I know...but according to pitta, he needs a black coach who understands what Vick has been through

Let me just say I am one to never start a rumor. I read these topics and response all day long and some are worthy and some are just down right ridiculous. So take this information for what it is worth. I will either be the scolded and told not to come back or the guy that said you heard it here first. A friend living in the Va. Beach area where Vick resides called me this morning to tell me that Michael Vick is on a plane as we speak en route to Buffalo. I asked him who his source was, and he told me a person close to the Vick family called him right before he called me. I have never had a reason to doubt this source but I thought if it does happen you guys will be the first to know. I know Russ Brandon said we are not interested at this time but he also did say that concerning T.O. What are your thoughts regarding this possible transaction?

Let me just say I am one to never start a rumor. I read these topics and response all day long and some are worthy and some are just down right ridiculous. So take this information for what it is worth. I will either be the scolded and told not to come back or the guy that said you heard it here first. A friend living in the Va. Beach area where Vick resides called me this morning to tell me that Michael Vick is on a plane as we speak en route to Buffalo. I asked him who his source was, and he told me a person close to the Vick family called him right before he called me. I have never had a reason to doubt this source but I thought if it does happen you guys will be the first to know. I know Russ Brandon said we are not interested at this time but he also did say that concerning T.O. What are your thoughts regarding this possible transaction?

Well, I think it is fairly clear you are a troll. But on the outside chance you are not...

Do you really think Vick is traveling ANYWHERE without the media knowing about it? Reporters and cameramen are parked outside of his house/hotel/wherever he is. If he makes a move, we will be informed. Don't you think?

Call your "friend" back and tell him to stop busting your balls.

Guest dog14787

If it was true ( big if ) its probably because Michael Vick is getting ready to appeal the suspension and is meeting with some players in Buffalo to discuss his options.

You can read the previous 20 or so pages for everyone's thoughts. As Deano said, very doubtful this is happening.

With the Patriots it dont matter where they put him if they had him. They could him in as CB and he be on the way to the pro bowl. It's the system not really the players. Ask the 3rd string cornerbacks and Troy Brown when they made the Bills passing game look retarded that one year.....

Get the sh-- out of your ears.

A BLACK HEAD COACH will protect and deflect better, the angry animal lover media blitz that's sure to ensue. Thus helping Vick prepare for reading defenses. That's it. Now stop your baiting.

Guest dog14787
Get the sh-- out of your ears.

A BLACK HEAD COACH will protect and deflect better, the angry animal lover media blitz that's sure to ensue. Thus helping Vick prepare for reading defenses. That's it. Now stop your baiting.

Mike Singletary could do a good job deflecting the media, but my opinion is based on the man not the color of his skin.

Can Singletary relate, yes he can , but he's a football coach not a shrink and its not up to him to have to take Michael Vick by the hand and protect him from the nasty piranha we call the media. Michael Vick is a man who can stand up for himself and I think he's perfectly content to take any opportunity he can to start in the NFL regardless if the head coach is white or black and to suggest otherwise is ludicrous. ( something a moron might suggest)

If it was true ( big if ) its probably because Michael Vick is getting ready to appeal the suspension and is meeting with some players in Buffalo to discuss his options.

Players in Buffalo are going to help Mike Vick with his appeal????

Look, if you think he's going to appeal this decision, this incredible gift from God(ell), your are simply insane.

Guest dog14787
Players in Buffalo are going to help Mike Vick with his appeal????

Look, if you think he's going to appeal this decision, this incredible gift from God(ell), your are simply insane.

I was giving the only logical reason Vick would even be coming to Buffalo. I did say big if ( you must have missed that), I try to stop short of actually calling someone's post a lie without proof. Oh and little Weo, I could care less what you think.

Mike Singletary could do a good job deflecting the media, but my opinion is based on the man not the color of his skin.

Can Singletary relate, yes he can , but he's a football coach not a shrink and its not up to him to have to take Michael Vick by the hand and protect him from the nasty paronia we call the media. Michael Vick is a man who can stand up for himself and I think he's perfectly content to take any opportunity he can to start in the NFL regardless if the head coach is white or black and to suggest otherwise is ludicrous. ( something a moron might suggest)

I love when people play the "I'm so enlightened I can pretend the realities of how race impacts perception and treatment of individuals doesn't exist" card. :pirate:

With the Patriots it dont matter where they put him if they had him. They could him in as CB and he be on the way to the pro bowl. It's the system not really the players. Ask the 3rd string cornerbacks and Troy Brown when they made the Bills passing game look retarded that one year.....

Their front seven had more to do with it than schemes. Actually, the Patriot schemes are pretty bland when you break them down. But they can afford to be with that superior front seven. They play as much or more zone coverage than anybody which is why those pedestrian draft picks and Troy Brown looked so good. Especially against those anemic Bills offenses. I'm not saying Belicheat doesn't throw in a wrinkle now and then, I'm just saying it's a lot easier to implement things with superior personnel and he's enjoyed that with his front seven for years now.

GO BILLS!!!

I was giving the only logical reason Vick would even be coming to Buffalo. I did say big if ( you must have missed that), I try to stop short of actually calling someone's post a lie without proof. Oh and little Weo, I could care less what you think.

Actually, I had issue with your suggestion that even if he was planning an appeal, he would be heading to Buffalo for any reason connected to this, or that this would be "logical".

But, keeping in mind that you could "care less", your even allowing a "big if" regarding an appeal reveals that you don't understand the huge break Vick got and the precariuos position he remains in.

Put anther way (again), he will never appeal this and there is absolutely no "logical" reason to allow for even the remote possibility that he would.

Oh really, so you are comparing HITLER and MIKE VICK? Are you serious kid?

Hitler you can clearly realize he was not a good person. Mike Vick's actions are far different and making a judgment off what the public knows about him is foolish.

Comparing him to Hitler is ridiculous but from what I know about Vick and what he did I feel I can make a judgment. Torturing and killing dogs is not someone of sound mind.