Vick reinstated on conditional basis

Guy can't play 'til week 7, will be lucky if anyone signs him for the NFL minimum, and your "guess" is $6M guaranteed for a guy with one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel?

You're obviously starving for attention today. Seek help, man...

SKOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOBY

NFL network just said it's not a 6 game suspension, in fact if he keeps his nose clean and follows the plan, he could play week 1. Not sure but that's what they said.

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To those thinking we bring Vick in and use him all over the field in a variety of positions Vick has already made it clear he has ZERO interest in a slash type role. In his warped mind he is not just a QB but a #1 QB, not a backup not any other position.

If Trent goes down, you'll see our offense go from hero to zero real quick. Veteran Back-up QB happens to be high on my priority list, real high. You worry about the dogs and I'll worry about the team getting better.

I'm actually part of the party who feels that Vick paid his debt to society, so while what he did was disgusting...it wouldn't bother me to see the Bills sign him. It WOULD bother me because I just don't see how bringing in a backup QB who more than likely can't play until Week 6 would significantly alter our season.

On the flip side of things, I can easily see how a craptacular O-Line and Keith "Pile On" Ellison manning a starting position will negatively impact this season.

Money would be best spent elsewhere instead of signing Vick, methinks.

I dont really know why we are debating this though, I think the Bills made it pretty clear they are satisfied with the squad they have now in all respects.

To those thinking we bring Vick in and use him all over the field in a variety of positions Vick has already made it clear he has ZERO interest in a slash type role. In his warped mind he is not just a QB but a #1 QB, not a backup not any other position.

Link?

A few questions that you should answer:

1. Have you ever been in a position of high esteem, wealth, and prestige and have it all taken from you in your prime due to a terrible mistake on your part?

2. Have you ever been to prison?

3. Have you ever been under house arrest?

4. Are you Mike Vick?

If you answered no to any of these questions, please do us all a favor and just keep your opinions to yourself.

I'm all for people saying Vick doesn't deserve a second chance. Anyone who says that has a legit argument and I can see where they are coming from. But people who assume he hasn't changed a bit after all of that happening to him? Who the hell are you? I understand this was all his fault, but I'm willing to bet 90% of the people on this message board have never had anything this life changing happen in their lives. To go from one extreme to another in a matter of months. It's unfathomable to think that he "hasn't changed a bit." Unfathomable to think and absolutely moronic to state.

I cannot stand people who talk about things like they have ANY idea when they haven't experienced anything close to it. It's sad.

NFL network just said it's not a 6 game suspension, in fact if he keeps his nose clean and follows the plan, he could play week 1. Not sure but that's what they said.

Really? Not saying you're wrong, but this is what I read earlier today...

"The NFL announced Monday that commissioner Roger Goodell has reinstated QB Michael Vick on a conditional basis.

Vick will be considered for full reinstatement and will be eligible to play in regular-season games by Week 6 (Oct. 18-19). He had been suspended indefinitely since August 2007 after pleading guilty to federal charges relating to a dogfighting enterprise. He served 23 months in prison and was released from federal custody on July 20.

Vick, who’s an unrestricted free agent, can now participate in preseason practices, workouts and meetings and may play in the final two preseason games. During the regular season, Vick can participate in all team activities other than games. Vick also will be periodically evaluated by Goodell during his suspension and will be mentored by former Colts coach Tony Dungy..."

link

According to that, he's eligible to play in week 6, not week 7 as I erroneously stated earlier, but I can't imagine anyone being that stupid - with the possible exception of SKOOOOOOOOOOOOOBY - to risk a roster spot or any serious $$$$ on Vick. The UFL is where he's headed, IMO.

Starting threads with misleading thread titles to gain attention...I can't imagine why people would get upset with you.

"Vick is going to be a Bill"

I will help SKOOBY's post count so he can tell his friends look at me, Im over 50+ replies now!!!! HIGH FIVE!! :rolleyes:

perhaps a short term issue but you also have to wonder (PETA issues aside) what kind of shape the guy is in both mentally and physically. Also one has to ask does he come cheap or does he want huge money. If he is looking for staring QB money I pass.

Shnooks, Roscoe is already taking Wildcat snaps. He and the top three RBs worked on it after yesterday afternoon's session -- 11 at QB flanked by Lynch and Jackson, then Jackson moving to QB, with Rhodes taking his place.

Really? Not saying you're wrong, but this is what I read earlier today...

"The NFL announced Monday that commissioner Roger Goodell has reinstated QB Michael Vick on a conditional basis.

Vick will be considered for full reinstatement and will be eligible to play in regular-season games by Week 6 (Oct. 18-19). He had been suspended indefinitely since August 2007 after pleading guilty to federal charges relating to a dogfighting enterprise. He served 23 months in prison and was released from federal custody on July 20.

Vick, who’s an unrestricted free agent, can now participate in preseason practices, workouts and meetings and may play in the final two preseason games. During the regular season, Vick can participate in all team activities other than games. Vick also will be periodically evaluated by Goodell during his suspension and will be mentored by former Colts coach Tony Dungy..."

link

According to that, he's eligible to play in week 6,not week 7 as I erroneously stated earlier, but I can't imagine anyone being that stupid - with the possible exception of SKOOOOOOOOOOOOOBY - to risk a roster spot or any serious $$$$ on Vick. The UFL is where he's headed, IMO.

Have you forgotten about Al Davis?

1. Have you ever been in a position of high esteem, wealth, and prestige and have it all taken from you in your prime due to a terrible mistake on your part?

2. Have you ever been to prison?

3. Have you ever been under house arrest?

4. Are you Mike Vick?

If you answered no to any of these questions, please do us all a favor and just keep your opinions to yourself.

I'm all for people saying Vick doesn't deserve a second chance. Anyone who says that has a legit argument and I can see where they are coming from. But people who assume he hasn't changed a bit after all of that happening to him? Who the hell are you? I understand this was all his fault, but I'm willing to bet 90% of the people on this message board have never had anything this life changing happen in their lives. To go from one extreme to another in a matter of months. It's unfathomable to think that he "hasn't changed a bit." Unfathomable to think and absolutely moronic to state.

I cannot stand people who talk about things like they have ANY idea when they haven't experienced anything close to it. It's sad.

So in other words, nobody but a previous U.S. President has a right to express an opinion on how Obama's doing, because we haven't held that office? Nice "you never played the game" pull, but opinions are what we do here.

"a terrible mistake"?

You think operating an on-going dog torture/murder operation, over time, for profit...then lying about it, is simply "a terrible mistake"?

stop that. he is not. the title is misleading and couldn't be further from the truth ... unless he changes his name to William.

jw

Yeah, that title was worth the addition of a subhed. And if it turns into another "inside sources" thread, it'll end up where the other ones did, sleeping with the fishes.

According to that, he's eligible to play in week 6, not week 7 as I erroneously stated earlier, but I can't imagine anyone being that stupid - with the possible exception of SKOOOOOOOOOOOOOBY - to risk a roster spot or any serious $$$$ on Vick. The UFL is where he's headed, IMO.

I bet some team signs him, it just better not be the Bills. I can tolerate TO, his 1 year makes sense. Michael Vick is far too much to stomach.

Yeah, that title was worth the addition of a subhed. And if it turns into another "inside sources" thread, it'll end up where the other ones did, sleeping with the fishes.

The original poster should be lashed to the thread, when it happens, w/cement shoes!

"a terrible mistake"?

You think operating an on-going dog torture/murder operation, over time, for profit...then lying about it, is simply "a terrible mistake"?

Murder, Murder, Murder. Are you people really that free from sin or believe that every animal is sacred? DO you eat chicken wings, wanna know how they die? How about the Sacred cow in your steak.

We kill animals every day here is the USA, in a cruel way. All you self-righteous types make me ill.