Vick reinstated on conditional basis

"A Bills source told me this spring they would have zero interest in Vick.

But that was a few months ago, and I think it's safe to say there will be some surprises as this controversial story develops."

Oh Tim...do you know something the rest of us don't?...I mean aside from plenty of football knowledge and journalistic integrity. I've made peace with the fact I don't have either, but then again I bet YOU can't name all of the Thundercats. So there.

Snarf snarf.

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will say it just for my own peace of mind again.

Even if Vick, recommitted to the game, became St. Michael the Penitent, he would need an offense that keeps him mobile, rolling out, firing on the fly.

The Bills, getting Losman, a mobile QB with a rifle arm, immediately focused on breaking him into a 3 step drop pocket passer.

So even if Vick becomes a future PETA Poster lovechild, the Bills would be utterly unable to use him, and would instead jam him into three step drops, which imho, he is not gonna succeed as, had he not spent 2 years away from the sport anyway.

well said

He is going to be willing to take back-up money and we have no real good back-up options. Fitzgerald and Hamdan suck and DJ is not going to hang his job on those boys this season. Stock the team with talent and let the coaches sort out where they go has been the theme.

GO Bills!!

He is going to be willing to take back-up money and we have no real good back-up options. Fitzgerald and Hamdan suck and DJ is not going to hang his job on those boys this season. Stock the team with talent and let the coaches sort out where they go has been the theme.

GO Bills!!

this post is a total brain-dead idiot

I'm totally against it, but I think there is a decent chance it happens. :blush:

won't happen...Ralph's against it and even if he's gone, Jim Kelly is against it

Also, sticking someone who could cause a QB controversy on the team would be counterproductive. Jauron's trying to keep his job...not lose it

Dude's lost $100 Million, and spent 2 years in jail.

Michael Vick knows he almost wasted his career. I've spoken to people who have been in contact with Vick since he's been out of home confinement, waiting to find out what discipline commissioner Roger Goodell will levy on him. And the most interesting thing I heard came from one acquaintance, who said Vick is desperate to return to football "because he realizes he didn't even scratch the surface of his ability. He realizes he just didn't work at it enough.'' (Somewhere in the Pacific Northwest, Jim Mora and Greg Knapp are nodding ruefully.)

I'm told Vick is a changed man. Obviously, it's easy to be changed when you've lost $100 million and just spent two years in jail. I also believe Vick simply wants to be back on an NFL team (he views the United Football League as a last resort only) and will be fine for at least a year or maybe two with whatever role a coach wants to give him. Wildcat backup for New England? Or Oakland? We'll see.

From Peter King.

I'd sign him before New England did. Michael Vick's got it soooooooo bad. It's not like he brutally murdered two people...like that guy on our Wall of Fame.

People deserve second chances. He's done his time, he's paid for it...and if he takes the necessary steps to rehabilitate himself and his image, I don't see any reason to not bring him in.

won't happen...Ralph's against it and even if he's gone, Jim Kelly is against it

Also, sticking someone who could cause a QB controversy on the team would be counterproductive. Jauron's trying to keep his job...not lose it

Jauron would be for it. He should be pulling out all the stops to win some damn games to keep his job. Why else would they bring TO here? Desperation is the answer.

yeah...cause literacy is a bad skill to have....the Bills are on the record as laughing at the idea

The Bills say they are, but the players don't seem to be. Owens and Wilson have already given their support for Vick

Won't happen though, too much negative reaction to him, it would wipe out all the good reaction to TO being signed (which was to wipe away the bad reactions to keeping DJ)

Also, they seem to like Fitzgerald, they did sign him early in FA and he is from an Ivy league school, plus they are comfortable with Hamdan