Vick reinstated on conditional basis

Guest dog14787
Left wing animal rights groups and the like are heading Vick's way. Is it moronic to think an agressive visible minority head coach can be a better shield from these left wing groups? It's simple politics man.

Some folks choose to use their minority standings as a motivation, others as a crutch or leverage to meet their agenda. Its moronic in my opinion to constantly use the race card instead of facing your problems head on. Race has nothing to do with Michael Vicks situation and has nothing to do with the solution to his problem which is repairing his image.

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PFT is reporting that rumors of Vick to the Pats are picking up steam:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/...-pick-up-steam/

As if I didn't hate them enough already...

He'll go there, play willingly as a situational guy, score 10 TDs (6 against the Bills) and will laugh all the way to the bank.

I hope he does sign with the Cheatriettes*. I expect the guy's pretty well washed-up as an NFL QB - wasn't very good to begin with, is now 30 years old, and hasn't played a down in over two years.

It'll be a PR disaster out there in The Peoples' Republic Of Massachusetts. :doh:

link

Wouldn't that mean that David Tyree was Jesus?

The Second Coming, in the flesh. :doh:

It'll be a PR disaster out there in The Peoples' Republic Of Massachusetts. :lol:

I doubt it. The Pats* obsessed M!@#$s will ban PETA from the state before they let them sully the image of their beloved cheaters. After all, no one does hypocrisy like left wingers.

I called this over a week ago, as soon as I saw the light suspension I figured he'd go to New England*--Goodell knew who had an interest in him and did his part to continue to serve his Master.....

Funny, ain't it, that Marshawn gets 3 games for two minor incidents (one of which effectively in the eyes of the law at least turned out to be a traffic ticket), while Vick gets 4 games for a major felony that he did two years jail time for. About par for the course.....

I called this over a week ago, as soon as I saw the light suspension I figured he'd go to New England*--Goodell knew who had an interest in him and did his part to continue to serve his Master.....

Funny, ain't it, that Marshawn gets 3 games for two minor incidents (one of which effectively in the eyes of the law at least turned out to be a traffic ticket), while Vick gets 4 games for a major felony that he did two years jail time for. About par for the course.....

Speaking of Marshawn, I should have added that I knew who our opening day opponent would be as soon as I heard Lynch was getting suspended--will wonders never cease, but the League favoritism shown to that team is just getting all too predictable (and laughable)......

Speaking of Marshawn, I should have added that I knew who our opening day opponent would be as soon as I heard Lynch was getting suspended--will wonders never cease, but the League favoritism shown to that team is just getting all too predictable (and laughable)......

Vick's suspension is no less than 5 games.

Lynch only plays the pats once a year anyway (and his only two games against them he totaled 46 and 78 yards).

How did the league let the Giants win the SB?

Lynch only plays the pats once a year anyway (and his only two games against them he totaled 46 and 78 yards).

I'm with angry gnome. If you guys sign vick, his suspension will be magically reduced to "time served" and he'll be on the field in the monday night opener.

Okay, so he gets two more games than Lynch, not just one more--still incredibly light considering the scope of the relevant offense versus what Lynch got for his. This is all, of course, premised on believing that he should serve his NFL and jail punishments consecutively and not concurrently (which is admittedly debateable).

Don't get me wrong here--I think Vick deserves to be reinstated, as he's paid his debt. That I'm not arguing with. I'm just arguing about the lightness of the treatment he got from the League and linking it to who is now likely to be signing him, something that I suspect League insiders had a suspicion (or possibly even actual knowledge of) when they made the suspension call on him. That said, the team that signs him also needs to admit that they're signing someone who did something very bad and should be prepared to take some heat for it.

In that regard, if the Pats* do indeed sign him, don't get me started on the hypocrisy of Kraft and his media sycophants who make them out to be the model franchise, both in execution and morally. I think the latter may go by the boards on this one in most folks' eyes (those few fans not already sickened by Spygate, etc. that is), but watch certain members of the media spin this as somehow a great and wondrous thing New England* is doing for this poor man.

Thanks for brining up the SB--my what a glorious game that was. Think I'll watch it again tonight. You may be able to thank Tomase for that one, actually, since Spygate seemed to cast a pall on the normal League forces that weekend......