Official Draft Thread

Byrd had 17 picks last season

over his career. 10 last season. maybe he plays safety? I bet even though he "looks slow" he is a good cover-2 corner. Hey, the Pats throw throw throw. Corners are the cost of doing business in the AFC East...

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

uhh, no they didn't, per Sal M from the D&C):

And now this just in. The brain trust - Russ Brandon, Dick Jauron and Tom Modrak - just addressed the media and they project Wood as a guard, not a center, even though he played center his entire career. Why, I have no idea. He played guard at the Senior Bowl. I guess they’d rather have free agent pickup Geoff Hangartner play center. Interesting.

Byrd had 17 picks last season

I'm surprised by the pick, and it isn't what I would have done.

So what? I can't believe the obnoxious whining in this thread. ( :wallbash: Of course I can believe it.)

The Bills have been outstanding at identifying good DBs, so I will trust Byrd is likely a quality player.

I don't care if he is a good player or not, The Bills do'nt need a stinking CB. I guess Pat Thomas is the OLB, Fine is the TE and Bell is the LT. Another 7-9 season he we come.

They may not need a CB, but they definitely need a safety to pair with Whitner. With that speed and those ball skills, he may fit.

where would brown play for us?

behind aaron and maybin? he's another little guy who won't be good against the run, and he has very very limited moves.

we also have denney kelsey and ellis.

i thought an OLB would make sense, but if they think there is a guy in FA who will match sintim then they don't bother with sintim, and i'm pretty sure they think any tackle on the board is no better than bell

uhh, no they didn't, per Sal M from the D&C):

And now this just in. The brain trust - Russ Brandon, Dick Jauron and Tom Modrak - just addressed the media and they project Wood as a guard, not a center, even though he played center his entire career. Why, I have no idea. He played guard at the Senior Bowl. I guess they’d rather have free agent pickup Geoff Hangartner play center. Interesting.

I'm still thinking Wood plays G for one year, and then moves to C, unless the original arrangement is terrific.

All Wildcat, all the time...

Though Schien said that he's going to get broken in half in the NFL!

I think White has real potential, but 2nd round was too high, IMO.

where would brown play for us?

behind aaron and maybin? he's another little guy who won't be good against the run, and he has very very limited moves.

we also have denney kelsey and ellis.

i thought an OLB would make sense, but if they think there is a guy in FA who will match sintim then they don't bother with sintim, and i'm pretty sure they think any tackle on the board is no better than bell

I completely understand passing on Brown.

I completely do not understand passing on some excellent OL talent still on the board.

So what? I can't believe the obnoxious whining in this thread. ( :wallbash: Of course I can believe it.)

The Bills have been outstanding at identifying good DBs, so I will trust Byrd is likely a quality player.

Will the "whining" be justified after they draft another one? :wallbash:

I completely understand passing on Brown.

I completely do not understand passing on some excellent OL talent still on the board.

I think it means they like Chambers and Bell, as well as the offseason pickups. It isn't as if they were going to get a starting LT with that pick (at least not one for 2009). I'd look for more big bodies to be added as the draft goes on. There are quality bodies in every round, why take a guy you don't love in the 2nd?

the problem isnt if he is a good player or not, its that they continue to spend high picks on DB's every year when they could get similar value in later rounds....look at Reggie Corner, he looks like a good player and wasnt a high pick

what makes this worse is that this team has 5 quality CBs already so adding one this early when they have other holes is stupid. They have two 4th rounders and would have been better served using one of them on a CB instead of the second. Then again its the Bills, they'll probably draft another CB before this draft is over

they could have used this pick on another position and taken a CB later and probably get a similar player to Byrd but the talent at their other needed positions will most likely fall further then the talent at CB will

the problem isnt if he is a good player or not, its that they continue to spend high picks on DB's every year when they could get similar value in later rounds....look at Reggie Corner, he looks like a good player and wasnt a high pick

what makes this worse is that this team has 5 quality CBs already so adding one this early when they have other holes is stupid. They have two 4th rounders and would have been better served using one of them on a CB instead of the second. Then again its the Bills, they'll probably draft another CB before this draft is over

They also could have acquired the Panthers' first round pick next year. Instead, the 49ers snapped up that deal.

Picks like these are why the Bills continue to finish 7-9 / 8-8.