Official Draft Thread

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the problem isnt if he is a good player or not, its that they continue to spend high picks on DB's every year when they could get similar value in later rounds....look at Reggie Corner, he looks like a good player and wasnt a high pick

what makes this worse is that this team has 5 quality CBs already so adding one this early when they have other holes is stupid. They have two 4th rounders and would have been better served using one of them on a CB instead of the second. Then again its the Bills, they'll probably draft another CB before this draft is over

they could have used this pick on another position and taken a CB later and probably get a similar player to Byrd but the talent at their other needed positions will most likely fall further then the talent at CB will

What if he is a Safety, and not a CB, in the NFL?

Don't assume that because they got a good on last year in a later round, that they like one as much this year. If I trust the Bills FO at one thing, it is their ability to identify DB talent. Maybe they don't like a guy later as much as they did this guy. Maybe they have a OL or DL guy they like as much (or almost as much) as they did the guys available at 42.

If the idea is to move this kid to safety then the pick makes sense.......

For the love of god please move up and address tight end bills

I doubt they move him to FS since they already moved Whitner there

If the idea is to move this kid to safety then the pick makes sense.......

For the love of god please move up and address tight end bills

apparently ... from Sal M:

You knew they had to do it. They had to pick a defensive back and it was Jairus Byrd of Oregon. He played corner in college but the word is the Bills will look at him as a 205-pound safety. He had 17 interceptions for Oregon so he has hands and he also has some punt return experience.

What if he is a Safety, and not a CB, in the NFL?

Don't assume that because they got a good on last year in a later round, that they like one as much this year. If I trust the Bills FO at one thing, it is their ability to identify DB talent. Maybe they don't like a guy later as much as they did this guy. Maybe they have a OL or DL guy they like as much (or almost as much) as they did the guys available at 42.

so you think they might move him to FS after they already moved Whitner there? and you also think there isnt another CB in this draft that the Bills dont like?

the point is they had other holes to fill

CB is the easiest position to fill on a football team even moreso when you're not looking for a starter

Sometimes idiocy is hard to accept. We needed a TE, LB, DT and OL depth.

Again, let's see how it plays out. No OL available would have likely been useful, this year. Maybe they have some developmental guys in mind for later. There was NO reason to pick a TE in round #2. Too many good ones will be there in Rd 3 and maybe even Rd 4 (or maybe they will trade for Shef). Henderson remains an option at DT and there are some bodies available.

so you think they might move him to FS after they already moved Whitner there? and you also think there isnt another CB in this draft that the Bills dont like?

the point is they had other holes to fill

CB is the easiest position to fill on a football team

It most certainly is not. Not even close.

I'm surprised by the pick, and it isn't what I would have done.

So what? I can't believe the obnoxious whining in this thread. ( :wallbash: Of course I can believe it.)

The Bills have been outstanding at identifying good DBs, so I will trust Byrd is likely a quality player.

Yeah they identify them and then let them go as soon as their contract is up so we can keep drafting them high year after year. The list of high pick dbs is disgusting going back to nate odoms. This team needs to resign their players and end this crap. Greer had a great year, so let's let him go. Mcgee is good and his contract is up let's resign him, no let's let him go. As soon as Leodis get's good his contract will be up and we will not resign him.

where would brown play for us?

behind aaron and maybin? he's another little guy who won't be good against the run, and he has very very limited moves.

we also have denney kelsey and ellis.

i thought an OLB would make sense, but if they think there is a guy in FA who will match sintim then they don't bother with sintim, and i'm pretty sure they think any tackle on the board is no better than bell

Maybin will be OLB, we still need a DE unless Ellis is having a great offseason?

This team needs to resign their players and end this crap. Greer had a great year, so let's let him go. Mcgee is good and his contract is up let's resign him, no let's let him go. As soon as Leodis get's good his contract will be up and we will not resign him.

Re-sign. Resign means the opposite of keeping the player. :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash::censored::wallbash:

OK, now the Bills have a DE and a OL drafted in the first round. They probably don't keep them either, if they play great, once they reach FA.

I'm still thinking Wood plays G for one year, and then moves to C, unless the original arrangement is terrific.

Yeah it's hard for a rookie to start at center with all the line calls, especially against 3-4 nose tackles in the east.