Official Draft Thread

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, i've breathed.

People seem to have him at Safety which we haven't been strong at with a ballhawk in quite some time. If this is the case, then I think it's a good pick. I think it's clear that people weren't that high on Everette Brown and Unger is still there. If those two guys weren't that great, then I have no problem with them going Safety here. If it's not for Safety, then they can once again go !@#$ themselves.

I'm waiting on the official word from OBD on where the project him.

TE is still my goal for Round 3.

Again, let's see how it plays out. No OL available would have likely been useful, this year. Maybe they have some developmental guys in mind for later. There was NO reason to pick a TE in round #2. Too many good ones will be there in Rd 3 and maybe even Rd 4 (or maybe they will trade for Shef). Henderson remains an option at DT and there are some bodies available.

Very rational thinking, Deano.

What if he is a Safety, and not a CB, in the NFL?

Don't assume that because they got a good on last year in a later round, that they like one as much this year. If I trust the Bills FO at one thing, it is their ability to identify DB talent. Maybe they don't like a guy later as much as they did this guy. Maybe they have a OL or DL guy they like as much (or almost as much) as they did the guys available at 42.

He was taken to play CB. You'll see tomorrow when we take Vaughn in the 3rd :wallbash:

then please tell me what position is

quality CBs can be had throughout the draft that can step right in and be a nickel or dime back

I would say QB, OT, WR, and CB are the hardest positions to make the jump to NFL.

agree...i would say RB has proven easy to fill...

you're crazy...how many starting RBs in the league were picked after the 3rd round? meanwhile you can always find a CB after the 3rd round with talent that could start

Reggie Corner is pretty good and could probably start for the Bills

I would say QB, OT, WR, and CB are the hardest positions to make the jump to NFL.

the statement wasnt hardest to play, it was easiest to fill which is a big difference

there are always CBs available in the draft that can step right in and contribute making it the easiest position to fill in the NFL

Okay, i've breathed.

People seem to have him at Safety which we haven't been strong at with a ballhawk in quite some time. If this is the case, then I think it's a good pick. I think it's clear that people weren't that high on Everette Brown and Unger is still there. If those two guys weren't that great, then I have no problem with them going Safety here. If it's not for Safety, then they can once again go !@#$ themselves.

I'm waiting on the official word from OBD on where the project him.

TE is still my goal for Round 3.

if that is the case and with Whitner moving to FS then they used a 2nd round pick on a backup when they could have used it on a starter at another position

after reading about Byrd he seems like the prototypical cover 2 CB but im sure there are other corners that can be had later that can do the same

the statement wasnt hardest to play, it was easiest to fill which is a big difference

there are always CBs available in the draft that can step right in and contribute making it the easiest position to fill in the NFL

I think they are related. I don't consider the nickel and dime corners "starters". The top two guys are the ones I talk about when I say starter, and I do not think those are easily filled in the draft. It takes a very talented CB to keep up with the top WR's in the NFL, and most CB's have a hard time making that transition.

And again, I'm not defending the pick. I wanted Unger, and am pretty upset they passed on him.

I think they are related. I don't consider the nickel and dime corners "starters". The top two guys are the ones I talk about when I say starter, and I do not think those are easily filled in the draft. It takes a very talented CB to keep up with the top WR's in the NFL, and most CB's have a hard time making that transition.

And again, I'm not defending the pick. I wanted Unger, and am pretty upset they passed on him.

Byrd will not be starting next year and probably wont be starting the year after that so they used a 2nd round pick on a backup when they could have used it on a starter at another position

with the amount of CBs that are in the draft every year its the easiest position to fill on an NFL team...thats not to say its an easy position to step in and play its just easy to fill because of the amount of players available at that position you can get quality players with mid and late round picks