Official Draft Thread

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe this. How STUPID are they? We're stuck with Fine, Schouman, and some 6th Round TE. We're stuck with Ellison and Thomas at OLB. We wasted a 2nd on ANOTHER CB. We took a guy at #11 who played DE in college at 235lbs., oh but he has "tremendous upside" :wallbash: I like Levitre and Wood, but we just got hosed by the Cowboys, again. Us fans have been shafted 3 times over today whether you realize it or not. :wallbash:

Look for us to concentrate on FAs for H-backs to fill the TE and FB roles. These players actually need less talent than that called for a 3 down player (maybe Pettigrew will be one but who is your back-up neither Fine or Schouamn are well rounded enough to do the job.

Look for us to depend on the coaches sending in the right journeyman at the TE and FB roles and our base offense is gonna be 3 WRs trying to use Parrish as the slot guy and from time to time use Reed with an empty backfield.

I can't believe this. How STUPID are they? We're stuck with Fine, Schouman, and some 6th Round TE. We're stuck with Ellison and Thomas at OLB. We wasted a 2nd on ANOTHER CB. We took a guy at #11 who played DE in college at 235lbs., oh but he has "tremendous upside" :wallbash: I like Levitre and Wood, but we just got hosed by the Cowboys, again. Us fans have been shafted 3 times over today whether you realize it or not. :wallbash:

How did we get hosed by the Cowboys? Considering the number of picks between their 2nd and our 3rd, I thought that was a good trade. When it first came through I thought it was going to be a 3d next year along with the one this year.

I didn't want Maybin and didn't like the Byrd pick, but as a whole, this is a great day for us on paper. Needs were filled with very solid players.

Guest dog14787
The FO is correct not to give two sh** for the TE position. We would need not 1 but 2 TEs with blocking and receiving ability because you need a credible plan B for each starter in the NFL. Schoman is an ST guy not capable of being a all around TE and I like Fine as a receiver but the youngster is a couple of years away from being a credible back-up TE.

Particularly given our failings at FB it makes more sense to get some H-B players as you need less talent for these roster fillers instead of blowing a bunch of resources on TEs and the futile search for a new Centers/Gash.

Some of the most ignorant posts I've ever seen, even the F%#king Detriot Loins knows better than to try developing a good young QB prospect without a decent Tight End.

OMG :wallbash:

One of these three TE's should be there:

73-James Casey

106-Travis Beckum

120-Cornelius Ingram

The numbers are the approximate rank on our Big Board at DraftTek

No TEs. We would need 2 as Schouman is an ST guy and Fine can catch but is not a good enough blocker. We are also pretty FB less at this point and I expect the Bills to rely more on getting pedestrian players to fill the H-B roke rather than make a fruitless search to find Tony Gonzales in the third round (and then do it again with a later rookie pick.

the good news are that there is still only one TE taken....there a 3 or 4 TE out there who could help us...

i hope one of them will last the next 65 (!) picks... ;-)

exactly, great point. after Pettigrew, the drop off at TE is astounding. we can wait until the 4th to see who is still there.

For those that think we got hosed by Dallas, you must be thinking about it wrong. Basically, we wanted to use our 3rd Round Pick in the 2nd Round. All is cost us was a 4th Round Pick!

So, basically, we used the 4th Round pick to move from the 3rd Round to the 2nd! Not a bad deal at all!!!!!

dude...

1. we got the best pass rusher available with the #11 pick

2. we got 2 of the best interior lineman in the draft

3. we got a bonus pick of a ball-hawking DB who can move to Safety

only ONE tight end went

why get so bent out of shape after a great first day of the draft? you can't make it work out like you want it. 31 other teams get in the way.

show me a team who covered more pressing needs as well as we did today?

1. You're kidding right? A 1 year wonder who is going to have to get used to playing at a heavier weight against better/real competition? No.

2. I really like the Wood and Levitre selections. Already stated that.

3. A "bonus" pick? A 2nd is a "bonus" pick? :huh:

Just frustrated with this team bro'. Just a little frustrated. No upgrade at LB and no upgrade at TE, with our 3rd and 4th now gone. Yep, just a little frustrated.

For those that think we got hosed by Dallas, you must be thinking about it wrong. Basically, we wanted to use our 3rd Round Pick in the 2nd Round. All is cost us was a 4th Round Pick!

So, basically, we used the 4th Round pick to move from the 3rd Round to the 2nd! Not a bad deal at all!!!!!

So, basically, we have Wood, Levitre, and next year's conditional pick in return for trading Peters. That's not bad, either.

1. You're kidding right? A 1 year wonder who is going to have to get used to playing at a heavier weight against better/real competition? No.

Just frustrated with this team bro'. Just a little frustrated. No upgrade at LB and no upgrade at TE, with our 3rd and 4th now gone. Yep, just a little frustrated.

i hear ya, but dont let it get you so upset. its not worth it. maybe if the other 31 teams werent picking players too, it would be easier on all of us. but seriously, after Pettigrew, you think there is a TE worth a 2nd round pick? And the top LBs were all off the board too.

maybin is going to be a wild card, but im going to try to stay positive on him until he proves otherwise. he's a Bill and i'm a Bills fan.

i understand the DB pick was a "shock" but have a beer and get over it. it was a great first day for us and the Bills drafted like they havent drafted in years. concentrated on the trenches.

and yeah, its a bonus pick. we had 4 picks in the first 3 rounds. and we used them on a pass rusher, the best Center, and the top rated Guard who is versatile enough to back up at tackle too. think of that as our first 3, and the ballhawk is a bonus...

So, basically, we have Wood, Levitre, and next year's conditional pick in return for trading Peters. That's not bad, either.

Considering the way he acted about the contract, I have to agree. If someone had said we could trade Peters for two starting linemen, I'd have said it would be a good trade.

Man, I completely understand how this can be frusturating. But I really think the Bills did good here. I think you could say it was a toss up between Maybin and Okapko. All the other guys really slid which makes you wonder

We arguably got the best G and C. We already have another great G/C which means we have a young, solid interior Line for years to come. That's huge for us. We also showed some aggression to get these guys which means we know the Bills are paying attention.

As for the CB/S. I was pissed to at first. Trust me and find my reaction. But this guy really is a ball-hawk and is going to play safety. We haven't had a ball-hawk at Safey in a long time. I really like the upside.

And then, while I know it's hard, you have to have some faith. We aren't scouts. The Bills appear to be paying attention and I really believe that some of the guys we passed on weren't that great as they really fell beyond us.

Water, we can still get that Pass Catching TE in the 4th and that would really address almost all of our glaring holes. I'm not sure about OT, but the FO like what we have.

No matter what, it's better than previous drafts.

trade WR Roscoe Parrish for a 4th or a 5th...

I still can't get down with this. I don't care if he never catches a pass. He is THAT dangerous returning kicks and worth it to me.

Now, get a 4th for Kelsay and I will do a backflip. Especially if you trade our 4ths for Scheffler and Henderson.