Official NBA playoffs thread....

Special K

:w00t: YOU refs!

I couldn't agree more......what kind of a call was that at the end of regulation??? And the tech on Howard...give me a break!!

Hey Mo Williams.........gaurantee this :unsure: SHUT YOUR LOSER MOUTH!!!!!

I love LeBron, but these officials are just making me hate him. By the way, this series is just punching his ticket to New York City in a couple years. Take LeBron off this team, and they would be lucky to win 20.

I knew the Magic would shock the world in this series.......and it sure helped that Rafer Alston had a Jameer Nelson-type game tonight!

Show no mercy in Cleveland boys.......finish the series on Thursday, baby!!!!

GO MAGIC!!!!!!!!

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I couldn't agree more......what kind of a call was that at the end of regulation??? And the tech on Howard...give me a break!!

Hey Mo Williams.........gaurantee this :w00t: SHUT YOUR LOSER MOUTH!!!!!

I love LeBron, but these officials are just making me hate him. By the way, this series is just punching his ticket to New York City in a couple years. Take LeBron off this team, and they would be lucky to win 20.

I knew the Magic would shock the world in this series.......and it sure helped that Rafer Alston had a Jameer Nelson-type game tonight!

Show no mercy in Cleveland boys.......finish the series on Thursday, baby!!!!

GO MAGIC!!!!!!!!

The Magic are the best team left in the playoffs... I kind of think Cleveland guts out one more win, on Thursday, but the Magic have clearly been the better team, in every game of this series.

The Magic are the best team left in the playoffs... I kind of think Cleveland guts out one more win, on Thursday, but the Magic have clearly been the better team, in every game of this series.

The Magic are good but they are relying way too heavily on the three ball. A they can't keep shooting at the ridiculous percentage they have been. I expect them to beat Cleveland but lose in terrific fashion in the finals.

The Magic are good but they are relying way too heavily on the three ball. A they can't keep shooting at the ridiculous percentage they have been. I expect them to beat Cleveland but lose in terrific fashion in the finals.

Normally I'd agree, but the 3-pointer has been their offense M-O all season long and it has gotten them to within one game of the NBA Finals. It's hard to say they rely too heavily on the three ball, when it has brought them so far.

The NBA wanted LeBron and the Cav's with Kobe and the Lakers in the finals.

Now they'll probably get The Nuggets and the Magic. Suck on that one Stern!! :lol:

Unless the refs are trying to make the lakers/nuggets game a longer series then somebody is not getting the message for those games....just a ton of missed calls in favor of the nuggets in this series......or just the worst officiating ever......

Unless the refs are trying to make the lakers/nuggets game a longer series then somebody is not getting the message for those games....just a ton of missed calls in favor of the nuggets in this series......or just the worst officiating ever......

I havent watched any of the games, John. Its just an observation from what I read and hear on ESPN. I follow the NBA playoffs a little bit, hardly any during the regular season.

All that talent to dunk a ball, its amazing. :lol:

:lol:

That is the thing about the NBA (and too a certain extent the NHL)... Everything can be a foul... Games that are run just too damn subjectively, IMO.

I havent watched any of the games, John. Its just an observation from what I read and hear on ESPN. I follow the NBA playoffs a little bit, hardly any during the regular season.

All that talent to dunk a ball, its amazing. :lol:

Its cool.....but if you ever want to see something that really scratches your head (and if you are someone that doesnt follow either Labron or Kobe you should be able to see this with rational mind)

Watch the way the games are officiated when it comes to Labron driving to the basket and Kobe driving to the basket

Labron.....players literally running backwards away from him in the lane in an attempt to not come close to fouling him......doesn't matter blown whistle

Kobe.....hand checked before he even gets close to the basket.......bumped by at least one player before he makes it to the basket.......jumps in the air in a attempt to put the ball in the basket.....on his wallet and the ball is going the other direction with Kobe (admittedly whining waaaaaay to much) argueing as to why he isn't at the free throw line.

They are supposed to both be stars of the league.....while one gets star treatment while the other gets....something else. We have games where SCRUBS for the other team shoot more free throws then Kobe.

Then there are the bizarre technical fouls that Labron never seems to get flagged with but Kobe cannot seem to stay away from.....bizarre

But even through all that.....I am still angry with my laker team. Champion teams should find a way to overcome this stuff.....

Just like Orlando is doing. To tell the truth Orlando scares the crap out of me.....because they wont quit and hit from the 3 point line which is our greatest defensive weakness. THe lakers defensive strategy is to give up the long ball and keep people out of the paint. Orlando might kill us.

Since it seems to have been lost by almost everyone in the media, I want to draw attention to how great that last shot by Jamal Lewis was to put Orlando up at end of the 4th. It may not have been with less than a second on the clock, but that thing was beautiful! He really deserves more spotlight for that. Also:

By Elias Sports Bureau

Rashard Lewis scored 10 points, including two 3-pointers, in the fourth quarter of the Magic's 116-114 overtime win over the Cavaliers. Lewis ranks second in the 2009 playoffs with a total of 107 fourth-quarter points, trailing only Kobe Bryant (121). Lewis has made 12 3-point field goals in the fourth quarter, to rank third behind the co-leaders, J.R. Smith and Ray Allen (13).

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailydime?page=dime-090527

Its cool.....but if you ever want to see something that really scratches your head (and if you are someone that doesnt follow either Labron or Kobe you should be able to see this with rational mind)

Watch the way the games are officiated when it comes to Labron driving to the basket and Kobe driving to the basket

Labron.....players literally running backwards away from him in the lane in an attempt to not come close to fouling him......doesn't matter blown whistle

Kobe.....hand checked before he even gets close to the basket.......bumped by at least one player before he makes it to the basket.......jumps in the air in a attempt to put the ball in the basket.....on his wallet and the ball is going the other direction with Kobe (admittedly whining waaaaaay to much) argueing as to why he isn't at the free throw line.

They are supposed to both be stars of the league.....while one gets star treatment while the other gets....something else. We have games where SCRUBS for the other team shoot more free throws then Kobe.

Then there are the bizarre technical fouls that Labron never seems to get flagged with but Kobe cannot seem to stay away from.....bizarre

But even through all that.....I am still angry with my laker team. Champion teams should find a way to overcome this stuff.....

Just like Orlando is doing. To tell the truth Orlando scares the crap out of me.....because they wont quit and hit from the 3 point line which is our greatest defensive weakness. THe lakers defensive strategy is to give up the long ball and keep people out of the paint. Orlando might kill us.

A lot of what you write about is why I no longer watch the NBA, though there are plenty of reasons. I've seen enough NBA clips from watching ESPN/Round the Horn/PTI/Sports reporters and the rest of their ilk to remind why I dont watch the NBA anymore.

.....and for the sake of the league and Mr. Stern I hope its Nuggets/Magic in the finals. :lol:

A lot of what you write about is why I no longer watch the NBA, though there are plenty of reasons. I've seen enough NBA clips from watching ESPN/Round the Horn/PTI/Sports reporters and the rest of their ilk to remind why I dont watch the NBA anymore.

.....and for the sake of the league and Mr. Stern I hope its Nuggets/Magic in the finals. :lol:

Your full of crap! Kobe gets every stinkin call every gd night. He's the biggest prima donna in the entire league. Only soccer players are worser than him.

Your full of crap! Kobe gets every stinkin call every gd night. He's the biggest prima donna in the entire league. Only soccer players are worser than him.

I agree. He may not get all the calls early, but all his bitching and moaning lead to the calls late in the game when it really matters. Kobe is like Sidney Crosby, they both have mad skills and are great players. But they are unlikable due to all their whining, you simply cannot root for them unless your an LA or Pens fan...

Ballofsnotrunningoutofyournose, I was agreeing with him.

.........and you're right about soccer players

I agree. He may not get all the calls early, but all his bitching and moaning lead to the calls late in the game when it really matters. Kobe is like Sidney Crosby, they both have mad skills and are great players. But they are unlikable due to all their whining, you simply cannot root for them unless your an LA or Pens fan...

I don't necessarily root for Kobe, but I love watching the guy play basketball. He is the closest thing to Jordan I believe we'll ever see. Even his mannerisms are like Jordan. The way he walks, interviews, dribbles, demeanor(not quite as competitive though), the jumpshot, you name it and it reminds me of Jordan almost. The only difference is the way Jordan was able to elevate his teammates even when he was taking over. Kobe doesn't seem to have that. Jordan also seemed to will his teams to victory in every NBA Finals appearance. No matter the opponent, no matter the odds, MJ was going to get it done on the grandest stage in the NBA.

I don't necessarily root for Kobe, but I love watching the guy play basketball. He is the closest thing to Jordan I believe we'll ever see. Even his mannerisms are like Jordan. The way he walks, interviews, dribbles, demeanor(not quite as competitive though), the jumpshot, you name it and it reminds me of Jordan almost. The only difference is the way Jordan was able to elevate his teammates even when he was taking over. Kobe doesn't seem to have that. Jordan also seemed to will his teams to victory in every NBA Finals appearance. No matter the opponent, no matter the odds, MJ was going to get it done on the grandest stage in the NBA.

Say that again... To the basket!