Official NBA playoffs thread....

Special K

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad to see the Magic win out, too. D.Howard is becoming one of my favorite players, and I think this team has been fun to watch. That being said, I expect the Cavs to win it 4-1 or 4-0 and hit the finals against the Lakers. LeBron v. Kobe would be a great final, and it'll be even greater to see Kobe fail yet again to lead his team to a championship. I think LeBron gets his first ring this year.

:devil:

BEAT LA, BEAT LA!! :unsure:

That's because they are sooo easy to root against, totally classless organization

I am not sure where you are coming from on this.......is it just a hate Kobe thing or do you just hate the fact that it is one of the most successful NBA teams of all time?

Lots of players to like on the lakers even if you cant stand Kobe........

Yeah, but Shaq was the leader of those teams, and Shaq has since won another ring....Kobe is the clear leader of the Lakers now, and I expect he won't be able to get it done w/out the big man!

Well.....we shall see. Only the nuggests and whoever comes out of the weak East stands in his way now.

But its ok.....I am quite sure the haters will find something else to hate about him when they cant say he didn't win a title without Shaq at that point....I have come to expect it.

Sacrificed his game big time in that game 7 against Houston to win.......stopped shooting and brought his team mates into the mix to blow out the Rockets.

You do realize that Kobe has been to and won three championships already?

And for those who say that was all Shaq.....no it wasnt.

I agree....I'd say it was 95% Shaq, 5% Kobe. :devil:

Kobe is a punk ass. His reputation is inflated by playing in a watered down league, and he was a beneficiary during his three Laker championship runs. Screw Kobe. LeBron rules!

So, do we now consider a win a win, in basketball, only if you win by double didgets? I am confused....

Hey, let me deal with my BOS bitterness my own way!

:unsure:

And yes (I am sort of joking :devil: )... In basketball a team scores mutiple points very quickly (almost like football but, not as hard to bring the points home).

Nine to ten points in BB is only a 3-5 point lead in other games that tally single points. A BB team can score those points quicker (on the clock, and even off the clock) than any other game. What I mean is the chnage of possesions are amazingly quick in BB and take very little off the clock if done right. That is why the best part of a BB is the last few minutes... That is all I need to watch in many cases. I give the BOS Celtics credit, they are very good at that end game.

Well.....we shall see. Only the nuggests and whoever comes out of the weak East stands in his way now.

Weak East???? Are you kidding me? The winner of the Eastern Conference is winning the Chamionship.

The West is not as strong a conference as it used to be (Suns, Spurs, Mavs, Hornets, Jazz not as strong as previous years, plus the really bad teams all reside in the West), and the Lakers' record is therefore a tad inflated. They would be a 3 or 4 seed in the East, IMO.

Also, may I remind you that the Magic beat the Lakers both times this year....if you think they would be a cake-walk you're kidding yourself.

Weak East???? Are you kidding me? The winner of the Eastern Conference is winning the Chamionship.

The West is not as strong a conference as it used to be (Suns, Spurs, Mavs, Hornets, Jazz not as strong as previous years, plus the really bad teams all reside in the West), and the Lakers' record is therefore a tad inflated. They would be a 3 or 4 seed in the East, IMO.

Also, may I remind you that the Magic beat the Lakers both times this year....if you think they would be a cake-walk you're kidding yourself.

I agree...either Orlando or Cleveland will win the championship.

I agree....I'd say it was 95% Shaq, 5% Kobe. :thumbdown:

Kobe is a punk ass. His reputation is inflated by playing in a watered down league, and he was a beneficiary during his three Laker championship runs. Screw Kobe. LeBron rules!

"Hey Labron....have you seen my THREE CHAMPIONSHIP RINGS"

King James cannot say that just yet

Jesus...there are a few "strong" teams in the East and everyone else is totally weak. Are you saying that a team that comes out of the West is padding its stats but a team that comes out of the East is not? Tell me your not serious about that.

The celtics were better last year because they had lock down defense....there really is not one team that is still alive right now that plays that way......but we KNOW that the lakers offense is very explosive.

Nothing is a cake walk however.....because the lakers are not where they thought they would be personnel wise with Bynum going down a second time to injury....he is still playing tentative but started to show signs in the final rockets game.

If Bynum returns to form there is not a team in the league that can stop the lakers from winning the championship this year.......just too many weapons.

"Hey Labron....have you seen my THREE CHAMPIONSHIP RINGS"

King James cannot say that just yet

Yeah, well Kobe knows how Shaq's asss tastes, too.... :thumbsup:

Better watch out for the Trail Blazers in a year or two. They are a very good young team right now. :thumbsup: