Official NBA playoffs thread....

Special K

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn those lakers....how do they keep getting these fluke wins?

:lol:

Ask "Exiled in Illinois"...according to him, the Magic went 6-1 against the Celtics in the last round of the Eastern Conference playoffs... see posts 133 & 147!

I never thought I would see the day when the Lakers were held in more disdain than the Celtics. Just an attribute to the Lakers amazingly consistant success over the years, and almost two decades of really bad Celtics basketball, I guess.

John, sorry I hate the Lakers so much...it is a Celtics/Lakers thing, I am sure you can understand...nothing personal!

I have nothing against any of the other teams left, but I am hoping the Celtics and Lakers meet one more time, in the next two or three years...last years finals reminded me of how great sports can be, just when I thought the Bills had killed the thrill for me...

Weak East???? Are you kidding me? The winner of the Eastern Conference is winning the Chamionship.

The West is not as strong a conference as it used to be (Suns, Spurs, Mavs, Hornets, Jazz not as strong as previous years, plus the really bad teams all reside in the West), and the Lakers' record is therefore a tad inflated. They would be a 3 or 4 seed in the East, IMO.

Also, may I remind you that the Magic beat the Lakers both times this year....if you think they would be a cake-walk you're kidding yourself.

Wow! Amazing resilience shown by the Magic tonight. I know Cleveland is supposed to be a great defensive team, but they didn't do anything to defend the perimeter tonight. If the Magic shoots that well, most nights, nobody will beat them. I must say, I thought the Cavs would blow them out tonight. James needs some help from the bench....

Ask "Exiled in Illinois"...according to him, the Magic went 6-1 against the Celtics in the last round of the Eastern Conference playoffs... see posts 133 & 147!

I never thought I would see the day when the Lakers were held in more disdain than the Celtics. Just an attribute to the Lakers amazingly consistant success over the years, and almost two decades of really bad Celtics basketball, I guess.

John, sorry I hate the Lakers so much...it is a Celtics/Lakers thing, I am sure you can understand...nothing personal!

I have nothing against any of the other teams left, but I am hoping the Celtics and Lakers meet one more time, in the next two or three years...last years finals reminded me of how great sports can be, just when I thought the Bills had killed the thrill for me...

Naaa....no hard feelings at all......its an east west thing

BUT......if we were to translate it over to the team we love in common the Buffalo Bills I am sure you would agree that we both wish Bills mgt would handle their the team THE WAY the lakers handle theirs.....

- No expense spared to bring in the very best Head Coach

- Smart, gutsy moves when looking for its talent (like taking a chance on high school players and giving up established vets to to get them like we did with Kobe Bryant.......drafting Andrew Bynum........giving up draft picks and players for guys like Pao Gasol

- Getting guys that actually fit your system

And you do all this while most teams dont want to give you squat or think they are taking YOU to school with trades like we did with aquiring Trevor Ariza and Shannon Brown

The lakers are the most winningess franchise in the history of the NBA for these very reasons.....if the bills did these type of things we would have already won multiple Super Bowls.......

Wow! Amazing resilience shown by the Magic tonight. I know Cleveland is supposed to be a great defensive team, but they didn't do anything to defend the perimeter tonight. If the Magic shoots that well, most nights, nobody will beat them. I must say, I thought the Cavs would blow them out tonight. James needs some help from the bench....

Yeah baby!!!! If ya didn't know, now you know!! :wallbash:

It is so nice to be on the other end of a comeback for a change!

I said before that the Magic match up well with the Cavs.....IMO the only team that can beat them.

Plus, LeBron was Super-human tonight, and they still lost...I mean he shot 20/30, is he going to do that every game?, I doubt it.

Buftex, thanks for the kind words.........i've left a seat for you here on the Magic bandwagon!

I said before that the Magic match up well with the Cavs.....IMO the only team that can beat them.

Plus, LeBron was Super-human tonight, and they still lost...I mean he shot 20/30, is he going to do that every game?, I doubt it.

Buftex, thanks for the kind words.........i've left a seat for you here on the Magic bandwagon!

I can't believe that last shot didn't go in. The way these games have been going, when that shot left his hands I was sure it was in. So huge to come away with at least one win in Cleveland. Hopefully they can pull one out on Friday!

I must admit, after game 5 of that last series with Boston, I really was starting to think the Magic were the dreaded "s" word (soft)...I remember watching them earlier in the season, and they played lights out offensive basketball. Then, it seemed like they faded, just a little, late in the season. I thought their "true colors" were coming throough. Boy, was I wrong. I guess that is what happens when you only follow a team via the stats in the paper. In some ways, they kind of remind me a little of a offensive version of the Pistons teams that were dominating the Eastern coference not so long ago. Those Detroit teams were more defensively built (not to imply the Magic don't play decent defense from time to time), but they, like the Magic, just seem to have so much depth. Not necessarily real flashy, just very dependable. Every shooter has rough nights, but the Magic always seem to have someone with a hot hand, to keep them in every game. Torkgolu had a nice game tonight, and Lewis just seemed to be able to hit everything. I don't think he missed more than one or two shots in the second half. Very impressive win.

That was a great shot.....a REALLY clutch shot........but what was orlando thinking not pressuring the inbounds guy?

They were making sure noone got to the rim for a lob pass. That shot by Lebron ranks up there with Jordan and Robert Horry as far as clutch shots go, IMO.

That was a great shot.....a REALLY clutch shot........but what was orlando thinking not pressuring the inbounds guy?

If that's what it takes to win a game after leading by 23, so be it.

The Magic have lost games like this in the playoffs already....it won't affect them.

Good luck Cavs winning a game in Orlando....the bad matchups in this series aren't going away....

GO MAGIC!!!!!!!!!!

The Magic have lost games like this in the playoffs already....it won't affect them.

Good luck Cavs winning a game in Orlando....the bad matchups in this series aren't going away....

GO MAGIC!!!!!!!!!!

That's pretty much my feeling too. At about the 2:00 minute mark I was saying, hey, win or lose, this a great game for the Magic. To be able to fight their way back into like that was huge. Of course it still felt miserable watching them lose like that, but overall I feel good about the game.

Before this series started I don't think I would have been confident about any game, but at this point I fully expect two wins at home. Can't wait till Sunday!!

GO MAGIC!!!!!!!!!!

That was a terrific shot by Lebron (does he not have the strangest looking 3pt shots, the way the dance on the rim every time?), but I agree. The Magic have to feel very good about the way this series is going. I am kind of torn about who I would prefer to see win this series (I empathize with Cleveland sports fans, for their futility, and think it would be great for something nice to happen for them), but I really admire the way the Magic play basketball.

My only concern for Orlando is that I know every NBA team has those nights where they just can't get a shot to fall, no matter how many great shooters they have. My concern for Cleveland is that, like last year, their lack of dependable depth behind James, will prevent them from winning a championship. I think the Lakers will somehow prevail in the West, and I couldn't bare to watch them win a championship.

Also, just to shut everyone up who never watches the NBA because it is "fixed", part of me would love to see an Orlando/Denver final...what will they say then?