Official NBA playoffs thread....

Special K

Living down here in the Orlando area, I'm a big Magic fan, and despite what happened in the 4th Quarter of today's game,(Magic blew a 17 point lead), I'm confident in a Magic/Cavs Eastern Confrence Finals.

Lebron and Kobe were as advertised, but the biggest performance of the weekend has to go to Derrick Rose of the Bulls. The rookie lit it up vs. the Celts....I hope he can keep it up for the entire series......it will make the Magic's lives a little easier provided they don't tank it vs. the 76'ers.

Here's hoping for an exciting playoffs!

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Living down here in the Orlando area, I'm a big Magic fan, and despite what happened in the 4th Quarter of today's game,(Magic blew a 17 point lead), I'm confident in a Magic/Cavs Eastern Confrence Finals.

Lebron and Kobe were as advertised, but the biggest performance of the weekend has to go to Derrick Rose of the Bulls. The rookie lit it up vs. the Celts....I hope he can keep it up for the entire series......it will make the Magic's lives a little easier provided they don't tank it vs. the 76'ers.

Here's hoping for an exciting playoffs!

Well...I am a Celtics fan...yesterday's game was brutal. Our "big 2" (Pierce & Allen) both choked away opportunities to beat the Bulls. I think they will get their act together, when the C's put their mind to it, they can play some pretty amazing defensive basketball. Losing KG makes a repeat even tougher, but I realluy think they will make it through this round.

Honestly, I don't see either this depleted Celtics squad, or your Magic having what it will take to keep LeBron James out of the finals. The Magic had a great season, but they seem to be faltering tad down the stretch Getting blown out by the 76ers has to be tough. I still think the Magic pull it out...

Whatever happens, assuming the Lakers make it in the West (be wary of the Rockets), I will be pulling for whatever team makes it from the East.

As much as I love football (and it is still #1 for me!), having the NBA & NHL playoffs going on at the same time, is a blast...both sports have great playoffs...

Honestly, I don't see either this depleted Celtics squad, or your Magic having what it will take to keep LeBron James out of the finals. The Magic had a great season, but they seem to be faltering tad down the stretch Getting blown out by the 76ers has to be tough. I still think the Magic pull it out...

:)

A last second shot is blown out?

I'm confident in a Magic/Cavs Eastern Confrence Finals.

I think so too. Turk and Lewis looked rusty as hell yesterday. My guess is they come out firing Wednesday.

I predicted the fake injury to Garnett and results a long time ago. I may revise it a bit and say the Lakers will beat Cleveland in the Finals but next year's Final is set in stone.

I dunno...the Celtics had a nice regular season, but they aren't as good as they were last year. They can still play great defense, but it isn't a given, as it was last year. Even before KG got hurt, they were having games where they were giving up way too many points, every now and again. It wouldn't have happened last season. Garnett, Piece and Allen will all be another year older...unless they re-fuel with a another very solid young player, to round things out with Rondo, I don't see them being able to make it the finals next year. Lebron and the Cavs will be even better next year, barring injury...James is amazing, and he hasn't peeked....

btw- I will be shocked if James ends up leaving Clevland, while he is still in his 20's. He will become the highest paid athlete in team sports history, and lead Clevland to a title or two...they deserve it, and I think James, deep down, loves being a legend in his own home town.

I dunno...the Celtics had a nice regular season, but they aren't as good as they were last year. They can still play great defense, but it isn't a given, as it was last year. Even before KG got hurt, they were having games where they were giving up way too many points, every now and again. It wouldn't have happened last season. Garnett, Piece and Allen will all be another year older...unless they re-fuel with a another very solid young player, to round things out with Rondo, I don't see them being able to make it the finals next year. Lebron and the Cavs will be even better next year, barring injury...James is amazing, and he hasn't peeked....

btw- I will be shocked if James ends up leaving Clevland, while he is still in his 20's. He will become the highest paid athlete in team sports history, and lead Clevland to a title or two...they deserve it, and I think James, deep down, loves being a legend in his own home town.

Next year LeBron will be the one suffering a Big Brown like fake injury. The NBA is fixed.

Congrats on the win.....but this is gonna be a long series, 6 or 7 games for sure.

I hope the Magic can right the ship on Wednesday.

No doubt! The Bulls are much better than I realized. I hadn't seen them play much, since early in the season. Remember how much trouble the Celtics had last year, with Atlanta in the first round...this looks almost like a repeat...very entertaining game, as was the first. Glad to see the Spurs beat the Mavs too...

No doubt! The Bulls are much better than I realized. I hadn't seen them play much, since early in the season. Remember how much trouble the Celtics had last year, with Atlanta in the first round...this looks almost like a repeat...very entertaining game, as was the first. Glad to see the Spurs beat the Mavs too...

Yesterday game was outstanding, more like a Western Conf game. Without Garnett and Powe (torn ACL in yesterdays game, out for remainder of season) and throw in a hobbled Rondo, it's going to be tough. But I still think they can get by the Bulls in 6.

Yesterday game was outstanding, more like a Western Conf game. Without Garnett and Powe (torn ACL in yesterdays game, out for remainder of season) and throw in a hobbled Rondo, it's going to be tough. But I still think they can get by the Bulls in 6.

That set up on that final shot by Allen was awesome... teacher taking the student to school... if the Celtics have any chance of making it to the conference final, they need that Ray Allen to show up every night. Gordon had a great game for the Bulls, but Allen owned it, when it counted.

btw...get the weird sense that KG is going to show up in uniform one of these nights? Doc Rivers is the only one that has ruled him out for the rest of the season...he isn't a real Doctor after all! :oops:

btw...get the weird sense that KG is going to show up in uniform one of these nights? Doc Rivers is the only one that has ruled him out for the rest of the season...he isn't a real Doctor after all! :rolleyes:

I was only talking about this series. I haven't ruled out Garnett's return either, but not any time soon.

That set up on that final shot by Allen was awesome... teacher taking the student to school... if the Celtics have any chance of making it to the conference final, they need that Ray Allen to show up every night. Gordon had a great game for the Bulls, but Allen owned it, when it counted.

I agree great setup, but what was Noah thinking fading Davis to the corner?? Everyone in the building knew Allen was getting that last shot and yet he leaves the key to follow a PF away from the basket?? Bigtime shot though...

As for the overall picture, I hate to pick the favorites, but I don't see anyone giving LA or Cleveland any real static. If Orlando can settle down and get by my Sixers (very likely), they might give the Cavs a little push. And the Lakers are just too powerful with Bynum back in the lineup. Two legit 7-footers and the best scorer in the game coached by one of the all-time greats. Not to mention probably the deepest team in the league (although their bench has been suspect as of late).

LAL over CLE in 7 (but I think LA's 4 wins will be more convincing than Cleveland's 3...if that makes sense).