Official NBA playoffs thread....

Special K

I agree great setup, but what was Noah thinking fading Davis to the corner?? Everyone in the building knew Allen was getting that last shot and yet he leaves the key to follow a PF away from the basket?? Bigtime shot though...

The play was perfectly designed and executed by the Celtics. They gave the ball to Rondo on the top corner, so the Bulls had to respect the drive. They set a pick for Pierce and he curled right under Allen and into the paint. Then they set a pick for Allen who curled up to the top of the key. It was surprising that Noah didn't jump on the Pierce move and I thought he made and excellent play to get in Allen's face. Allen just made a great shot.

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The play was perfectly designed and executed by the Celtics. They gave the ball to Rondo on the top corner, so the Bulls had to respect the drive. They set a pick for Pierce and he curled right under Allen and into the paint. Then they set a pick for Allen who curled up to the top of the key. It was surprising that Noah didn't jump on the Pierce move and I thought he made and excellent play to get in Allen's face. Allen just made a great shot.

I agree it was executed very well, but I disagree about Noah. Salmons completely locked off Pierce as he came through the lane (and Noah wasn't looking to help there at all anyway...he was looking the opposite direction at Rondo). Davis down-screened for Allen and Noah left the key to follow Davis. It was only for a second, but that was a pretty obvious switch IMO. The ball definitely wasn't going to to Davis and you had Allen coming hard back to the wing. It was a great shot by Ray Ray, but if Noah stays home, he never gets it off.

Poor defense by Noah...only took a split second and a great shot still had to be made...but poor decision nonetheless.

I agree it was executed very well, but I disagree about Noah. Salmons completely locked off Pierce as he came through the lane (and Noah wasn't looking to help there at all anyway...he was looking the opposite direction at Rondo). Davis down-screened for Allen and Noah left the key to follow Davis. It was only for a second, but that was a pretty obvious switch IMO. The ball definitely wasn't going to to Davis and you had Allen coming hard back to the wing. It was a great shot by Ray Ray, but if Noah stays home, he never gets it off.

Poor defense by Noah...only took a split second and a great shot still had to be made...but poor decision nonetheless.

Maybe, I don't see him making much of a difference on play ran that well. But I can meet you half way, and Doc eluded to a bit in his post game quote:

"I actually thought Ray was going to be wide open," Rivers said. "And when he got it, Noah came out of nowhere - that was a hell of a recovery by him."

Bottom line is that is was well designed and well executed...

Maybe, I don't see him making much of a difference on play ran that well. But I can meet you half way, and Doc eluded to a bit in his post game quote:

"I actually thought Ray was going to be wide open," Rivers said. "And when he got it, Noah came out of nowhere - that was a hell of a recovery by him."

Bottom line is that is was well designed and well executed...

Agreed...and I could be being harsh on Noah. I just can't believe the Bulls would break the huddle with any defense assignment that didn't involve keeping Allen on lockdown no matter what. Noah will learn from that though...I think.

I'll be curious to see how Chicago comes out in Game 3. I really think they will need to win both home games to win this series.

Back on track, baby!!!

The Sixers are a scrappy bunch......its not gonna be easy.

Big props to the rook (Courtney Lee).....he's played great offensively both games, and the switch to put him on Andre Miller defensively slowed him down after his flaming hot start.

Good job Magic, just get the 3 point shooting going and they'll get things going in the right direction!

I have been very impressed with Shannon Brown's play for the lakers.

He and Adam Morrison were traded for Radmonovich in what was supposed to be a cost cutting move......and then Shannon just came out of nowhere and started shining for the lakers......what is it about becoming a laker that seems to energize careers of guys that get bumped around the league.....first Trevor Ariza and now Shannon Brown.

He looks like the future of our team at shooting guard now

I'm a Knicks fan so the playoffs haven't been much to get excited about around here since Patrick Ewing. Man I miss those days. We'll be back with Lebron in 2011 :)

Either way, I think we're looking at a Lakers/Cavs Finals with Lebron getting his first ring. Kobe, again, goes home as the loser without O'Neal. Now Shaq can go back to freestyling in nightclubs again

Seriously though, that was horrible. I can't believe he sold a million records at one point. :lol:

Interesting ending to the Denver/NO game. I'd love to see that series go 7...things were getting a little heated for a minute.

And where did you Magic fans go? :wallbash: I kid....I'm loving the start, but I think a win tomorrow might be necessary to win this series for my Sixers. I don't like having to win another in Orlando. Those treys have to start falling soon...

And where did you Magic fans go? :

I'm still here....game 3 was gonna be a tough one to win...the Magic better play with a sense of urgency tomorrow.....it would be a waste of a terrific season to go out like this. :huh:

I'm still here....game 3 was gonna be a tough one to win...the Magic better play with a sense of urgency tomorrow.....it would be a waste of a terrific season to go out like this. :huh:

For some reason they never play the same in the post season. And what's up with Turk? I know he's injured and all, but he looks lost out there. I can't figure it out.

For some reason they never play the same in the post season. And what's up with Turk? I know he's injured and all, but he looks like he looks lost out there. I can't figure it out.

I have to believe his ankle is seriously F'd. He hesitates on everything and when he drives the lane, it's like he isn't even looking to shoot before he kicks it out.

I gotta say that I love the Sixers' strategy so far of playing Howard mainly straight up with a combo of Sammy/Theo/Evans and using up those 18 fouls. Keep a hand in Lewis' face all day and despite his ankle, Turk as well. Courtney Lee was lights out in the first two games, but if he and Alston can beat us 4 games, then hats off and great series.

It is a shame though...because if Jameer hadn't gone down and Turk was healthy, this team might win the Eastern Conference.

Living down here in the Orlando area, I'm a big Magic fan, and despite what happened in the 4th Quarter of today's game,(Magic blew a 17 point lead), I'm confident in a Magic/Cavs Eastern Confrence Finals.

Lebron and Kobe were as advertised, but the biggest performance of the weekend has to go to Derrick Rose of the Bulls. The rookie lit it up vs. the Celts....I hope he can keep it up for the entire series......it will make the Magic's lives a little easier provided they don't tank it vs. the 76'ers.

Here's hoping for an exciting playoffs!

lottsa fun series........but lets face it...lakers-cavs

Mother!@#$er

Big shot, Turk....:thumbsup:

Turk! Turk! Turk! <_<:worthy:

Let me take this opportunity to officially welcome Hedo Turkoglu to the 2009 NBA Playoffs!!

You can't keep the Magic's shooters down forever....I hope this opens the floodgates for him and Rashard!

I still can't believe how well the Sixers are shooting the 3.....its crazy.....they were the worst 3 point shooting team in the league, and in this series they can't miss.

I hope the Magic can keep the momentum going for game 5 on Tuesday!!!