Official NBA playoffs thread....

Special K

Dude:

You are not even married yet she has decided:

1. You can watch the NBA or NHL but not both;

2. That you should think that you are lucky.

These strategies have already worked on you and your "independent George" ship has sailed. How hard would it be for her to inject marriage inject marriage into this equation? Please note that once marriage is injected, all other types of injections gradually dwindle to nothing.

You are on the wrong path and there is probably no way off. Soon you will think you're lucky because Friday is daffodil night on the flower channel.

Yeah, I have seen far more marriges "dwindle to nothing" because of attitudes like yours...that is what I would like to avoid...

Acutually, my gf would never forbid me from doing anything, even if she didn't like it...I am simply being courteous...I have seen lots of bad marriages, based on simple inconsideration.... :thumbsup:

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I have seen far more marriges "dwindle to nothing" because of attitudes like yours...that is what I would like to avoid...

Acutually, my gf would never forbid me from doing anything, even if she didn't like it...I am simply being courteous...I have seen lots of bad marriages, based on simple inconsideration.... :thumbsup:

Wow. You are so far gone you are convincing yourself you're courteous? Couteous is a code word for whipped. If you don't trust me then go back and look at my NBA predictions to see if I can read the tea leaves. If you want NHL and NBA get NHL and NBA. That doesn't mean you have to ignore her all the time.

I am sure your gf is a very nice person. It is just that the missing half chromosone of the female is the perspective part. It is not individual to her. They do not understand that their word is not always the final one.

P.S. Game 7 will be on network TV next year. If you have to only buy one, get Center Ice as the NHL is legit.

Wow. You are so far gone you are convincing yourself you're courteous? Couteous is a code word for whipped. If you don't trust me then go back and look at my NBA predictions to see if I can read the tea leaves. If you want NHL and NBA get NHL and NBA. That doesn't mean you have to ignore her all the time.

I am sure your gf is a very nice person. It is just that the missing half chromosone of the female is the perspective part. It is not individual to her. They do not understand that their word is not always the final one.

P.S. Game 7 will be on network TV next year. If you have to only buy one, get Center Ice as the NHL is legit.

Thanks Dr Phil the Greek.. :wallbash: You are completely wrong on this...I was only half joking about having to choose between the two packages, Iwould never have enough time to watch both...if I did, I would be ignoring her all the time. I am lucky, she loves football... albeit she is a delusional Cowboys fan... but nobody is perfect... :doh:

But, I will give you credit, you nailed the NBA playoffs down, right to the 4-1 championship round. Very impressive. Maybe you are on to something?

• 4 months later...

Day 1 of the NBA set up the Stern storylines perfectly.

Of course we knew that the Laker/Celtics finals would be set up. One game doesn't matter but to have Celts/Cavs scheduled for the opener was perfect. We're supposed to believe a computer randomly generated that one for the opener? Now when the Celts are winning in the playoffs, the networks can go "all the way back" to opening night and show the "foreshadowing". What a joke.

The Lakers get a patsy to get their defense of the title rolling. The Clipper curse continues with the fake injury to their top pick.

It seems like Stern is leaning one way on where LeBron will end up next year. I'm not sure this is set in stone and there will be a lot of back and forth to get the masses engaged, but I am starting to think this is his last year in Cleveland. They actually called him for carrying the ball. Are they serious with that? When is the last time an NBA superstar got called for carrying? Two days after the ref strike ends and you don't think that call was straight from the mind of Stern? If you look closely, when LeBron complains it looks like the ref says "This wouldn't happen in a large market big man". It is still possible Stern is just trying to pry more money from the new chinese owners of the Cavs and will let LeBron stick around but I think he'll try to extract money on both fronts.