Official NBA playoffs thread....

Special K

Well, that was a tough one. I looked to me that the shots were there, but the Magic just couldn't buy a basket.

As everyone keeps saying....live by the 3, die by the 3.....you can figure out which one applies to this game.

That would be true if it was only 3's they were missing. They couldn't hit jumpers or layups either. Just completely laid an egg.

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, that was a tough one. I looked to me that the shots were there, but the Magic just couldn't buy a basket.

As everyone keeps saying....live by the 3, die by the 3.....you can figure out which one applies to this game.

It's a long series, and the Magic are better than they played tonight.

It was nice to see Jameer out there...I was impressed with his performance after 4 months off. It was a lone bright spot.

Hopefully, this game got the jitters out for the young Magic, and they can have a more consistent prformance in Game 2.

:lol:

Ugly game. Just take some solace however, in the fact that, like you said sort of, the Magic are not going to shoot 29% most nights. Give the Lakers credit, they played some good defense. However, the Lakers, as Kobe said himself, are team bi-polar. I doubt they can stick with that defensive intensity for a whole series. And, I am very impressed with how well the Magic adjust from game to game. Van Gundy has two days to come up with something new...I have no doubt, game 2 will be a much more competitive affair.

You are closer to this team than I am, but I was kind of surprised by how much Nelson played tonight. Do you think that could have thrown them out of synch a little? I figured they would ease him in sparingly, or if they were really on the ropes. I know he is a terrific player, but I get nervous about things like that, particularly in basketball.

:lol:

Ugly game. Just take some solace however, in the fact that, like you said sort of, the Magic are not going to shoot 29% most nights. Give the Lakers credit, they played some good defense. However, the Lakers, as Kobe said himself, are team bi-polar. I doubt they can stick with that defensive intensity for a whole series. And, I am very impressed with how well the Magic adjust from game to game. Van Gundy has two days to come up with something new...I have no doubt, game 2 will be a much more competitive affair.

You are closer to this team than I am, but I was kind of surprised by how much Nelson played tonight. Do you think that could have thrown them out of synch a little? I figured they would ease him in sparingly, or if they were really on the ropes. I know he is a terrific player, but I get nervous about things like that, particularly in basketball.

First of all, let me say that Jameer Nelson is my favorite player on the Magic.

I was surprised with how much he played as well. It was obvious that he kept himself in good condition--easier to do with a shoulder injury than a leg injury, I guess. In truth, Jameer is the emotional leader of this team, and I believe that the other players wanted him out there just as much as he wanted to be out there--this is a tight-knit group. He blossomed into a top-tier player this year, and having someone like him on the court, with his talent plus the intangibles he brings, it could never hurt.

Like Mark Jackson said--With a player of his talent, he has to be out there all the way, or not at all.

Time to get ready for Game 2!

I hope the Magic can hit their shots tonight...they absolutely need this game to have a chance to win this series.

I'd be very disapppointed if we see a second straight blowout...I'm counting on Stan Van to make the necessary adjustments and have this team ready to go tonight.

GO MAGIC!!!!

Time to get ready for Game 2!

I hope the Magic can hit their shots tonight...they absolutely need this game to have a chance to win this series.

I'd be very disapppointed if we see a second straight blowout...I'm counting on Stan Van to make the necessary adjustments and have this team ready to go tonight.

GO MAGIC!!!!

That's not even remotely true. All the Magic have to do is win the games in Orlando and steal one from the Lakers in LA. It doesn't matter if that's tonight, game 5, or game 7...the key is that they have to hold serve in Orlando. They're pretty much doomed if they let LA take one on the road.

That's not even remotely true. All the Magic have to do is win the games in Orlando and steal one from the Lakers in LA. It doesn't matter if that's tonight, game 5, or game 7...the key is that they have to hold serve in Orlando. They're pretty much doomed if they let LA take one on the road.

The 2-3-2 format means that Game 6 and 7 will be in L.A.....That's a big advantage...If it was a 2-2-1-1-1 series, I would be more inclined to agree with you.

Plus, the team that wins the first two games in this format win the series 96% of the time...I don't want to go up against those odds.

I think and hope we're going to see a very motivated Orlando team tonight. I'm calling for an overconfident Lakers team who will be surprised at the way the Magic come out ready for them.

Orlando 96

Lakers 80

Kobe Rapist

The 2-3-2 format means that Game 6 and 7 will be in L.A.....That's a big advantage...If it was a 2-2-1-1-1 series, I would be more inclined to agree with you.

Plus, the team that wins the first two games in this format win the series 96% of the time...I don't want to go up against those odds.

Wow, is it that high? I guess I'm on your "Orlando must win game 2" bandwagon.

Courtney Lee had the chance to win it...Not an easy play, but one you've got to make if you expect to win the NBA finals.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::wallbash:

That just killed me.....I was watching the play develop, and it was so perfect.....I was already jumping in the air in celebration....that had to go in. The best part was that it was Kobe that blew the defensive assignment, plus he got blocked the possession before....it would have changed the direction of the series, IMO.

At least the Magic started to hit their shots in the second half, but toward the end of regulation, a few wide open shots were missed that might have put the game away...tough one to swallow.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::wallbash:

That just killed me.....I was watching the play develop, and it was so perfect.....I was already jumping in the air in celebration....that had to go in. The best part was that it was Kobe that blew the defensive assignment, plus he got blocked the possession before....it would have changed the direction of the series, IMO.

At least the Magic started to hit their shots in the second half, but toward the end of regulation, a few wide open shots were missed that might have put the game away...tough one to swallow.

I hope Courtney doesn't develop Nick Anderson syndrome from that one.

Tough loss for the Magic. They have to take some solace in that they were very much in position to win the game. It will be tough to beat the Lakers in 3 consecutive games, even at home..maybe tougher to beat them in LA, in an elimination game...but I not throwing in the towel yet. The Lakers are perfectly capable of coming up small... If nothing else, the sight of Turk stuffing the ball in Kobes face, cleanly, will be an enduring image for me...it can be done...you can defend players like Kobe, without picking up a foul...

Keeping my fingers crossed...don't lose hope!

I dont feel good about the next game though.....there will be a lot of energy for the magic there

I hope you are right...the Magic have to get back in this series tonight.

I'm interested to see the rotation Stan Van is going to employ...he threw some lineups out there in game 2 that they never had on the floor together all year long...

Hopefully, those open shots they are getting will be going in tonight and the Magic will come out on top!!!

GO MAGIC!!

I hope you are right...the Magic have to get back in this series tonight.

I'm interested to see the rotation Stan Van is going to employ...he threw some lineups out there in game 2 that they never had on the floor together all year long...

Hopefully, those open shots they are getting will be going in tonight and the Magic will come out on top!!!

GO MAGIC!!

One of the things you should be worried about....Kobe Bryant hardly EVER has two bad games in a row....and he didn't play well last game.

I expect Bynum will foul out in the first 30 seconds.....I am expecting to see some Mbenga tonight.