Official NBA playoffs thread....

Special K

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just like Orlando is doing. To tell the truth Orlando scares the crap out of me.....because they wont quit and hit from the 3 point line which is our greatest defensive weakness. THe lakers defensive strategy is to give up the long ball and keep people out of the paint. Orlando might kill us.

What happened to your "weak East" comment from a few days ago???

I see you are finally coming around to my side......

The Magic are good but they are relying way too heavily on the three ball. A they can't keep shooting at the ridiculous percentage they have been. I expect them to beat Cleveland but lose in terrific fashion in the finals.

They are an amazing three point shooting team (although they almost blew it last night, when they went cold) but they have a huge advantage in the height area, as well.

They have been shooting at that "ridiculous percentage" all season...

They are an amazing three point shooting team (although they almost blew it last night, when they went cold) but they have a huge height adavantage in the height area, as well.

They have been shooting at that rediculous all season....

*Does anyone else find it interesting that the Magic made more than 800 three-pointers in each of the last two seasons -- the only team in NBA history to do that -- and they've done it with J.J. Redick, the NCAA's all-time leader in three-pointers, mostly watching from the bench? That should help everyone understand just how big a gap there is between college ball and the NBA. Redick made 457 three-pointers in college, and he's like the fifth- or sixth-best three-point shooter on his own NBA team.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writ...jinx/index.html

LeBron is a friggin BEAST tonight. The more I watch this guy play the more I'm convinced that he's able to do things that others just can't do. I just watched this guy do a Shaq impersonation, hit the shot, and get the foul. I don't profess to be a basketball expert, but looks to me that this is by far the most well-rounded, dominant player the NBA has seen in a while. He powers in like Shaq, he can drive and fly like Dr. J, and he can hit from the perimeter like.....aw, who cares....the guy is the KING! :thumbsup:

...and you are drunk. :blink:

What is in Lake Erie that causes such sports pain, seriously?

Technically METRO Detroit/Windsor, ONT is a smidge on Lake Erie... Must be the three foot drop between Lake St. Clair and Lake Erie on the Detroit river. :P

Given that the residence time for Lake Erie is only about 3 years, WE should be winning a championship soon!

:blink:

He is totally going to get fined....

I hope not. Somebody's gotta speak the truth. And it was just classic about the "Zen Master:"

"The whistle blew, the whistle didn't blow."

Quoting from memory.

:P

He stuck up for his team getting jobbed... Kinda sucks how they must have been feeling int he locker room... Raiders after tuck rule comes to mind.

:blink:

And John... I really don't mind the Lakers... I just want to see fair games.

Great win for the Lebrons tonight. King James willed the Cavs to victory...kind of strange game...no lead is safe...I really can't see the Cavs pulling this thing out. I figured LeBron would have a monster game tonight....Magic will blow them off the court on Saturday, I predict...

What happened to your "weak East" comment from a few days ago???

I see you are finally coming around to my side......

Special K, another excellet avatar....but, dude, you never change your avatar when your team is on a run, like the Magic...bad things usually happen... :ph34r:

that was some of the worst officiating I've ever seen last night - and I'm only mildly rooting for the Nuggets. That was atrocious from whistle to whistle. I sincerely wonder about the honesty of that league.

amazing how people will say this after a lakers win but all is well with the world when THEY are getting @ucked by the officiating......

But its ok right...I mean its the lakers