Official NBA playoffs thread....

Special K

Also, just to shut everyone up who never watches the NBA because it is "fixed", part of me would love to see an Orlando/Denver final...what will they say then?

An Orlando/Denver finals would cause many ABC/ESPN network executives to look for a ledge to jump from.

They want LeBron vs. Kobe more than anything.

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They were making sure noone got to the rim for a lob pass. That shot by Lebron ranks up there with Jordan and Robert Horry as far as clutch shots go, IMO.

But that is flawed logic......there was ONE SECOND left on the clock.

You put a tall long armed player on the in bounds guy and force him to throw a bad pass.......it will take a bad pass longer then one second to even make it to a player who is trying to dunk the ball.....and then you have everybody else play positional defense to prevent anyone from getting a immediate lane to the basket for a dunk.......

In any event.....allowing Labron to catch the ball for the shot in that situation.....that was just horrible coaching.

Also, just to shut everyone up who never watches the NBA because it is "fixed", part of me would love to see an Orlando/Denver final...what will they say then?

I saw some highlights on ESPN while I was waiting for them to show legitimate sports like NHL and MLB. The LeBron shot was great but even in a 2 minute highlight you can see the refs have a favorite team.

A dude on the Cavs got fouled and then fired the ball 15 feet and hit Dwight Howard. There was no technical foul called. I repeat: the ref lets the Cavs THROW the basketball at the Magic. It should have been an automatic ejection and the ref just looked the other way. This would have made the difference in the game but heaven forbid an annoited team lose two in a row.

The chances of the final being Orlando/Denver are the same as the chances of Charlie Brown kicking the football. If you look back in this thread I have already stated what will happen months ago. This included Garnett's fake injury before it ever happened. And by the way the '10 finals will be Lakers/Celtics. Save yourself some time.

But that is flawed logic......there was ONE SECOND left on the clock.

You put a tall long armed player on the in bounds guy and force him to throw a bad pass.......it will take a bad pass longer then one second to even make it to a player who is trying to dunk the ball.....and then you have everybody else play positional defense to prevent anyone from getting a immediate lane to the basket for a dunk.......

In any event.....allowing Labron to catch the ball for the shot in that situation.....that was just horrible coaching.

The clock does not start until a player in-bounds touches the ball unless the refs/NBA want it to start.

The clock does not start until a player in-bounds touches the ball unless the refs/NBA want it to start.

Ah yes I know this.....I should have worded it better. Your chances of being able to throw a perfect pass in a timing type play like a throw the basket for a dunk is greatly less then allowing a a player with long shot accuracy to freely catch the ball.......

I would have put a guy directly on Lebron......a guy to guards the inbound pass....and everyone else play a zone with strict instructions to speed directly to where the ball is being thrown.....with a second on the clock there is no time to try to swing the ball somewhere else for the shot.....

Ah yes I know this.....I should have worded it better. Your chances of being able to throw a perfect pass in a timing type play like a throw the basket for a dunk is greatly less then allowing a a player with long shot accuracy to freely catch the ball.......

I would have put a guy directly on Lebron......a guy to guards the inbound pass....and everyone else play a zone with strict instructions to speed directly to where the ball is being thrown.....with a second on the clock there is no time to try to swing the ball somewhere else for the shot.....

Unless of course you knew if your team went up 2-0 then Stern would squash you like a bug. Go along to get along.

Mamba answers

Kobe really confuses me as a sports fan. I can't stand one thing about him as a person. I think he's a terrible teammate and an absolute jerk, but I love watching him play basketball and root for him whenever he's playing. :unsure:

Getting pumped for tonight's game!! :blink:

I don't have tickets to a game until Game 6, so I'll be watching from home. :unsure:

By the way, the tickets to the games sold out in 6 minutes down here.

I hope the Magic took a lesson from last night's Lakers game...just because you are at home doesn't make it an automatic win...you still have to earn it.

Here's to hoping the Magic earn a big victory tonight! :wacko:

WTF

is with the officiating in the first half????? :w00t:

Could they make it a bit less obvious who they are favoring...the officials limit Dwight to 10 first half minutes....are you kidding me????

And the flagrant on Johnson......what????

All that and the Magic are still in the lead....finish strong Magic, don't let them take it from you.

and I can tell you that this entire area would have committed hara-kiri

i'd hate to be a Cleveland coroner tomorrow :w00t:

Seriously, is the panic starting to set in up there or what?

The officials tried to bail out the Cavs tonight, but even that wasn't enough.

Keep up the good work, guys.....lets get another win on Tuesday!!!

GO MAGIC!!!

I saw some highlights on ESPN while I was waiting for them to show legitimate sports like NHL and MLB. The LeBron shot was great but even in a 2 minute highlight you can see the refs have a favorite team.

A dude on the Cavs got fouled and then fired the ball 15 feet and hit Dwight Howard. There was no technical foul called. I repeat: the ref lets the Cavs THROW the basketball at the Magic. It should have been an automatic ejection and the ref just looked the other way. This would have made the difference in the game but heaven forbid an annoited team lose two in a row.

The chances of the final being Orlando/Denver are the same as the chances of Charlie Brown kicking the football. If you look back in this thread I have already stated what will happen months ago. This included Garnett's fake injury before it ever happened. And by the way the '10 finals will be Lakers/Celtics. Save yourself some time.

If you are implying that the refs were trying to tilt the scales to the Cavs, it might help to watch the whole game. The Cavs possession before that, LeBron James, with a chance to tie it up, was called for traveling...while it was a travel, it wasn't anything you couldn't call on almost every other play. I realize that officiating in the NBA is pretty uneven, but what will happen to your theory if the the Magic are playing the Lakers in the finals? I know you predicted some fake injury for Garnett to keep him out of this years playoffs, but did you predict he would miss the final 30 games of the season?

i'd hate to be a Cleveland coroner tomorrow :w00t:

Seriously, is the panic starting to set in up there or what?

The officials tried to bail out the Cavs tonight, but even that wasn't enough.

Keep up the good work, guys.....lets get another win on Tuesday!!!

GO MAGIC!!!

The Magic continue to impress me...

The Magic continue to impress me...

Down with the Cavs now that they sold out to China!

The Cleveland Cavaliers have a signed an agreement with an investment group from China to become minority owners of the NBA franchise and its arena.

:w00t::thumbsup:

I would rather see the Bills and Sabres leave BOTH before this! :bag:;)

Down with the Cavs now that they sold out to China!

The Cleveland Cavaliers have a signed an agreement with an investment group from China to become minority owners of the NBA franchise and its arena.

:w00t::thumbsup:

I would rather see the Bills and Sabres leave BOTH before this! :bag:;)

Do you know why this is being done?

So the Cavaliers can open up China to all sorts of LeBron merchandise. That agreement may overcome any hurdles to LeBron staying in Cleveland...he could stand to make millions.