Official NBA playoffs thread....

Special K

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YES!!!!

What a great series....that game was a lot like Game 5, thankfully without the collapse :devil:

Hats off to the Celtics :P

The three's were falling for the Magic tonight(13/21)....that's about how they shot the 3 during the regular season, but by far the best they have shot it in the post-season.

Bring on the Cavs!!.......I heard the Chuckster picked the Magic to win the series, and I believe the Magic match up well with the Cavs, so it should be exciting.

This is the mathcup I wanted to see.....I'm so glad the Magic got there!

I'm glad to see the Magic win out, too. D.Howard is becoming one of my favorite players, and I think this team has been fun to watch. That being said, I expect the Cavs to win it 4-1 or 4-0 and hit the finals against the Lakers. LeBron v. Kobe would be a great final, and it'll be even greater to see Kobe fail yet again to lead his team to a championship. I think LeBron gets his first ring this year.

YES!!!!

What a great series....that game was a lot like Game 5, thankfully without the collapse :devil:

Hats off to the Celtics :devil:

The three's were falling for the Magic tonight(13/21)....that's about how they shot the 3 during the regular season, but by far the best they have shot it in the post-season.

Bring on the Cavs!!.......I heard the Chuckster picked the Magic to win the series, and I believe the Magic match up well with the Cavs, so it should be exciting.

Congrats to the Magic. The better team won. The Celtics gave it all they had, but it just wasn't enough. Before game 6, I was tempted to say that I didn't think the Magic had "it", and that they don't have a chance to beat the Cavs. Not that I think the Cavs are a great team, but LeBron is that good. However, if the Magic can shoot like they did tonight, and they get the best out of Tourkgalu, they are going to be a handful for the Cavs. It should be a great series...it is going to be another 7 game series, I think.

The Celts really needed someone from the bench to step it up tonight, and it didn't happen. To top it off, Allen finally shows up, but Peirce has a bad night...oh well...nothing to be ashamed of. If Garnett is healthy, and they can add another quality front court player, I think they still have another good season or two in them. Maybe Ron Artest? The playing time that Glen Davis got in the palyoffs, and the continuing improvement of Rondo (imagine if he could develop a good jump shot?) have me feeling pretty good that the Celtics will be contending a little while longer. I wasn't so sure of that, before this season.

Whatever happens, BEAT LA, someone, BEAT LA! :P

Whatever happens, BEAT LA, someone, BEAT LA! :devil:

Damn right....I want to see Kobe become the anti-Jordan...I want to see him make the finals over and over and lose every single time :P

YES!!!!

What a great series....that game was a lot like Game 5, thankfully without the collapse :w00t:

Hats off to the Celtics :beer:

I am so glad the Celtics lost (still bitter about losing the Braves because of the Celtics! ;);) ) What a fluke team... Hasn't every series they been in went to 7 games (last two years)?

Their luck finally ran out!

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Damn right....I want to see Kobe become the anti-Jordan...I want to see him make the finals over and over and lose every single time :w00t:

Dude... He has been their 5 times (NBA Finals) and won 3! :thumbsup::thumbsup: He may have Jordan beat by a mile if he picks up 3 more and even that is understated.

:beer:;)

I am so glad the Celtics lost (still bitter about losing the Braves because of the Celtics! :thumbsup::beer: ) What a fluke team... Hasn't every series they been in went to 7 games (last two years)?

Their luck finally ran out!

:w00t::thumbsup:

Actually, the only team they were able to take down, in less than 7 games, was the almighty Lakers.

I don't know how you can label a team that has gone 125-39 over two regular seasons, won 5 of 6 playoff series, including a championship, a fluke, but whatever...if Garnett had been healthy for the playoffs, this year, they might be taking on Clevland next round. You can argue that they might not be one of the greatest teams ever, but to say they are a "fluke" is just kind of silly....a fluke is a team that finishes around .500, gets hot in the playoffs, and then makes a deep run.

Dude... He has been their 5 times (NBA Finals) and won 3! :thumbsup::thumbsup: He may have Jordan beat by a mile if he picks up 3 more and even that is understated.

:beer:;)

Kobe is a fluke! :w00t: His Lakers team couldn't even beat the flukish Celtics last year!

Dude... He has been their 5 times (NBA Finals) and won 3! :w00t::thumbsup: He may have Jordan beat by a mile if he picks up 3 more and even that is understated.

:thumbsup::beer:

Yeah, but Shaq was the leader of those teams, and Shaq has since won another ring....Kobe is the clear leader of the Lakers now, and I expect he won't be able to get it done w/out the big man!

Since this is a prediction thread, i predict that in the conference finals, the NBA is going to completely embarrass themselves by doing everything humanly possible to force a Kobe-LeBron finals.