Official NBA playoffs thread....

Special K

How many layups can Glen Davis possibly miss?

Also, Paul Pierce has come up incredibly small at the important times in both of the Celts losses this series (missed FTs, turnover, missed shots)

I agree with the Pierce comment. His flubs, in clutch situations, contributed directly to both losses...kind of the reverse of last years playoffs, where Allen was the one killing them in the clutch. I love Pierce, but I think he is starting to show some age, as games go on. He commits some stupid fouls, at the worst times, when he starts to look gassed. I think not having Garnett is catching up with them. Big Baby (I love that kid!) and Rondo have really raised their game, but if Garnett had been in there, no way would the Celtics have lost either game. Either way though, another great game. Damn, those Bulls are pesky. This has been a tremendous series. I love series like this... clutch shooting, great defensive plays, guys playing hard, as if every possession counts...the NBA certainly has its' detractors, but how any sports fan could have watched that game today (Bulls/Celtics) and not been entertained, I don't know.. can't wait for game five...I suspect Pierce will have a monster game, in the pc afterwards, he admitted he contributed heavily to the Celtics loss, and vowed to turn it around in game 5.

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the NBA certainly has its' detractors, but how any sports fan could have watched that game today (Bulls/Celtics) and not been entertained, I don't know..

As great as Game 1 and Game 2 were, Game 4 was the best game of the series thus far.

What are these two teams going to do for an encore?

Turk! Turk! Turk! :thumbsup::P

Let me take this opportunity to officially welcome Hedo Turkoglu to the 2009 NBA Playoffs!!

You can't keep the Magic's shooters down forever....I hope this opens the floodgates for him and Rashard!

I still can't believe how well the Sixers are shooting the 3.....its crazy.....they were the worst 3 point shooting team in the league, and in this series they can't miss.

I hope the Magic can keep the momentum going for game 5 on Tuesday!!!

Thank god that shot fell. These losses are just tearing me up.

And it's not just the 3's. I know they've missed a bunch, but they have been hitting shots from all over while almost perfectly defended. Can't count the number of times I've seen a shot leave their hands and thought, "no way in hell they should have tried to take that shot", only to see it drop perfectly. It's killing me.

Did anyone else notice that the crowd in Detroit was chanting "MVP! MVP!" for Lebron yesterday?

I know a LOT of Cleveland fans made the three hour drive to the Palace yesterday...StubHub had tickets as cheap as $11.00 yesterday morning, and the Cavs fans seemed to take over the building in the second half.

Now, Cleveland waits about a week to see if they meet Atlanta or Miami in the second round.

I think I spoke a bit too soon

:lol:

Wow....just got done watching the game...another amazing game...I think this is one of the best series I have ever seen. Other than the game 3 blow out by Boston, this series has been well played by both teams, both teams coming up with clutch shots...Pierce was the man tonight...Ben Gordon was incredible too, making one clutch shot after another, on only two legs! :rolleyes: Feel a little bad for Brad Miller. Notice how having his tooth knocked out was "no big deal", until he missed the foul shot...it seemed to hurt a lot more after that...Celtics haven't been getting much love from the officials. I think at least 3, if not 4 or Ray Allens' fouls were really questionable...oh well, it put the game on PP's shoulders, and he was forced to get his head out of his ass, and simplify his game. That fourth quarter surge by the Celtics really worked...how many times have you seen the same scenario, only to see the surging team finally tie the game, and then end up falling apart....Marbury was awful. I know he has always had his detractors, but has he always been scared to shoot? Good thing Rondo has taken his game to a new level....

I am so pumped for Thursdays game in Chicago...you know this one is going to go 7!

I am so pumped for Thursdays game in Chicago...you know this one is going to go 7!

Earlier in this thread I asked what were they going to do for an encore after game 4, and it looks like both teams delivered.

I only saw the highlights of the game because I was at Game 5 of the Sixers/Magic series.

Finally a game in this series that went to form.....the Sixers couldn't possibly keep shooting lights out forever, and what more can be said about Dwight Howard.....24 pts., 24 rebounds and 3 blocks (plus countless altered shots) and the 3's were finally falling for the Magic. The energy in that building was awesome....that was one of the loudest crowds in quite a while!

Let's finish this series off in Philly on Thursday.....Go Magic!!!

Earlier in this thread I asked what were they going to do for an encore after game 4, and it looks like both teams delivered.

I only saw the highlights of the game because I was at Game 5 of the Sixers/Magic series.

Finally a game in this series that went to form.....the Sixers couldn't possibly keep shooting lights out forever, and what more can be said about Dwight Howard.....24 pts., 24 rebounds and 3 blocks (plus countless altered shots) and the 3's were finally falling for the Magic. The energy in that building was awesome....that was one of the loudest crowds in quite a while!

Let's finish this series off in Philly on Thursday.....Go Magic!!!

Congrats! I envy you getting to go to a live playoff game. Always fun when your team wins... ironically, my first playoff game was about 25 years ago, when my beloved Buffalo Braves lost to the Celtics...Jo Jo White killed us! Only saw some highlights of the Magic/Sixers game, but it looks like Howard had another great game. Good stuff...see you in the ECSF, I hope!

Ugghhh...Sixers should have stepped on their throats in Game 4. Great, physical game by the Magic and I'm hoping this series is not lost.

Having said that, Howard should have been tossed for that bullsht elbow and he better get suspended for Game 6. The rules don't get any clearer and I can't believe the refs just gave him a technical. Although I would have much preferred him to get ejected last night so we could have possibly stolen the game and would be in position to wrap it up in Philly.

No Howard and Lee for Game 6 should equal a win for Philly or they deserve to lose the series.

And YES, another great Boston/Chicago game...Rondo (for being a little chippy as well) has cemented himself as the #3 PG in the league IMO. Tony Parker and Devin Harris might score easier, but not one does as much as Rondo overall. 24-10-10 for the whole series so far?? Redic...

Ugghhh...Sixers should have stepped on their throats in Game 4. Great, physical game by the Magic and I'm hoping this series is not lost.

Having said that, Howard should have been tossed for that bullsht elbow and he better get suspended for Game 6. The rules don't get any clearer and I can't believe the refs just gave him a technical. Although I would have much preferred him to get ejected last night so we could have possibly stolen the game and would be in position to wrap it up in Philly.

No Howard and Lee for Game 6 should equal a win for Philly or they deserve to lose the series.

And YES, another great Boston/Chicago game...Rondo (for being a little chippy as well) has cemented himself as the #3 PG in the league IMO. Tony Parker and Devin Harris might score easier, but not one does as much as Rondo overall. 24-10-10 for the whole series so far?? Redic...

I can't belive that everyone is crying that should have been a falgerant foul on Rondo. I know how the replay looked, but, to me, the fact that Rondo wasn't even looking at Millers' head tells me that it was just an unfortunate landing of the hand. He was swiping at the ball, Rodo was going down, while Miller was going up. He didn't want to pull Miller down (that would be flagrant!) so he turned his hand in/up ward...and it happened to catch Miller in the chops. For a little dude, Rondo has some huge hands.

I can't belive that everyone is crying that should have been a falgerant foul on Rondo. I know how the replay looked, but, to me, the fact that Rondo wasn't even looking at Millers' head tells me that it was just an unfortunate landing of the hand. He was swiping at the ball, Rodo was going down, while Miller was going up. He didn't want to pull Miller down (that would be flagrant!) so he turned his hand in/up ward...and it happened to catch Miller in the chops. For a little dude, Rondo has some huge hands.

I don't know if you are referring to me, but I'm not crying about it. I think it was a borderline flagrant and I probably would have called it that way, but I don't think it was blatant. My comment about Rondo was a general one. He commits a ton of hard fouls on guys driving the lane. Part of me likes it as it shows a tough defender with too much pride to give up layups. But I think he crosses the line every now and then.

Re: Howard. Thank God the league got than one right. It was an easy call to make, but after 3 refs "couldn't see contact" during the game, I had my doubts about whether they'd do the right thing. It still sucks though.

Re: Howard. Thank God the league got than one right. It was an easy call to make, but after 3 refs "couldn't see contact" during the game, I had my doubts about whether they'd do the right thing. It still sucks though.

I can't argue with the suspension......unfortunately he deserves it. Its completely out of Howard's character to do something like that, so I'm assuming this was retaliation, remember Dalembert scratched Howard's eye earlier in the series.

As I said earlier in the thread, I was at the game and didn't realize how flagrant the "bow" to the head was until I saw it on TV.

My first thought was: Thankfully, he didn't get thrown out of the game for that.

I knew a suspension was coming, but it works out for the Magic in that it would have been a lot worse to lose game 5 at home than it will be to lose game 6 on the road.

In Game 7, a well-rested Howard is gonna be a beast!!!

Go Magic!!

Go 'Melo & the Nuggets!!!

Nugs are playing really well. I'll admit that I didn't give a rat's ass about Denver until Melo went there, but I gotta stay loyal to my Cuse guys.

BTW....Kirk Hinrich is a friggin' clown :flirt:

Nope!

Big game from Lewis when we needed it.

:doh:

:flirt: :flirt: :lol: :lol:

Congrats to the Magic. They pulled together and played like a true playoff team when they needed it most. The Sixers didn't even show up. I was at the game in Row 3 directly across from their bench. No enthusiasm, no rhythm, no urgency, no intelligence. It was as if all of them decided to take a 5 hour nap in the middle of the day and were woken up 5 minutes before tip-off. Bad coaching decisions, lethargic play (some questionable reffing... ;):devil:) and overall a completely piss-poor and unacceptable way to end the season. It was probably the most disappointing Sixers game I've gone to in 15 years.

But once again, congratulations to Orlando. This just might have been the game that finally galvanizes the team and gets them at the mental level they need to be. Whoever wins Boston/Chicago is going to SPENT and Orlando will have a golden opportunity to jump on the series and demoralize their opponent. I hope Courtney Lee is alright...

PS - Since his Duke days seem so long ago, I had completely forgotten how annoying JJ Redick is. The guy simply isn't athletic enough to guard NBA SGs and then when he is inevitably called for his foul, he rolls his eyes and begins a 10 minute discussion with the ref. Every time. Enough, bro....this ain't the ACC.

:flirt: :flirt: :lol: :lol:

But once again, congratulations to Orlando. This just might have been the game that finally galvanizes the team and gets them at the mental level they need to be. Whoever wins Boston/Chicago is going to SPENT and Orlando will have a golden opportunity to jump on the series and demoralize their opponent. I hope Courtney Lee is alright...

Great job by the Magic.......I think the young Sixers had a bit of a letdown thinking Dwight Howard was out and it was going to be easy.

Actually, "The Polish Hammer", Marcin Gortat, has played well when Dwight missed games during the regular season.

Congrats to him, I can hear the cash register ringing for him as he is a free agent at the end of the year.

I admit I didn't think this would be such an easy win, but it could propel the Magic to bigger and better things.

Great job by the Sixers.....you were a tougher opponent than I expected.

Get some rest guys.........here's to hoping for a deep run in these playoffs!

Go Magic!!!