Official NBA playoffs thread....

Special K

Great job by the Magic.......I think the young Sixers had a bit of a letdown thinking Dwight Howard was out and it was going to be easy.

Actually, "The Polish Hammer", Marcin Gortat, has played well when Dwight missed games during the regular season.

Congrats to him, I can hear the cash register ringing for him as he is a free agent at the end of the year.

I admit I didn't think this would be such an easy win, but it could propel the Magic to bigger and better things.

Great job by the Sixers.....you were a tougher opponent than I expected.

Get some rest guys.........here's to hoping for a deep run in these playoffs!

Go Magic!!!

Congrats to the Magic... another classic Bulls/Celtics game....whoever wins on Saturday is going to be battle tested! :flirt:

I hope to christ the Cletics can just beat the Bulls in regulation...just for the novelty of it... not only are all of these overtime games waring this team out, their lack of bench, and the injuries are really being exposed... when they are on though, damn they can look good... Ray Allen, 9 tres, 52 points on the night...only to lose by one friggin' point... any time Tony Allen is on the court I get really nervous..he is a major offensive liability, and I think he isn't really all that great defensively either....

btw- Doug Collins is one of the very best color men in all of sports....

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great job by the Magic.......I think the young Sixers had a bit of a letdown thinking Dwight Howard was out and it was going to be easy.

Actually, "The Polish Hammer", Marcin Gortat, has played well when Dwight missed games during the regular season.

Congrats to him, I can hear the cash register ringing for him as he is a free agent at the end of the year.

I admit I didn't think this would be such an easy win, but it could propel the Magic to bigger and better things.

Great job by the Sixers.....you were a tougher opponent than I expected.

Get some rest guys.........here's to hoping for a deep run in these playoffs!

Go Magic!!!

See you Monday night...the Celtics are going to have their hands full (to put it mildly) with the Magic...the Bulls gave them everything they could handle, and they are not near the complete team that the Magic are...but we have the luck o' the Irish on our side... I would feel a lot better if Garnett was available...you never know....

... I would feel a lot better if Garnett was available...

And I would feel a lot worse..... :P

I think if Dwight Howard can get Perkins and Big Baby into early foul trouble(as he usually does with Perkins), the Magic should be able to steal one on the road.

The local paper says Courtney Lee could be back as early as Game 3, but he will be wearing one of those Rip Hamilton masks if he plays. They are going to miss his defense as he could gaurd either Allen or Rondo when Eddie House comes in the game.

Good Luck, and here's to a great series....... :unsure:

Good Luck, and here's to a great series....... <_<

Yes sir!!!!

I knew the Celts would make a fourth quarter run, but that's why you build a big lead.

I figured game 1 was the one for the Magic to steal as the Celtics were coming off the emotional series with the Bulls.

Great Job guys....don't let up......take game 2 and come back to Florida with a 2-0 lead!!!!!!!

And I would feel a lot worse..... :lol:

I think if Dwight Howard can get Perkins and Big Baby into early foul trouble(as he usually does with Perkins), the Magic should be able to steal one on the road.

The local paper says Courtney Lee could be back as early as Game 3, but he will be wearing one of those Rip Hamilton masks if he plays. They are going to miss his defense as he could gaurd either Allen or Rondo when Eddie House comes in the game.

Good Luck, and here's to a great series....... :worthy:

Well, congrats on the win. It was kind of a head scratcher. I don't know what to make of that game. The Magic should have blown the Celtics off the court, but couldn't put them away. The Celtics found their legs in the second half, but couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. I must say, that second half was brutal for both teams. The Celtics played great defense, but couldn't capitalize on the Magics mistakes. If I were a Magic fan, I would have been pissed with their shot selection. When the Celtics cut it down to 9 points, the Magic were passing up easy two-pointers, for long range three pointers. I am sure they are happy with the win (and they should be, on the road), but if the Celtics hadn't been so pathetic, they would have lost this game.

From the Celtics perspective, somebody needs to shoot Rondo back down to earth. He had an amazing 5 games against the Bulls, but he has been playing really cocky, and stupid ever since. When the Celtics cut it to 6 points, he made one stupid, horrible, hot dog pass after another. He dumbed away what chance his team had to win.

Oh well. I am still watching and hoping for a miracle, but I kind of had the feeling going in, unless the Celtics won these first two games, they were in trouble...I think they are in trouble... Scalabrini gave them a great game tonight (he may have been the best guy on the court tonight, for the Celtics), but as is the case in the NBA, and it rings really true for Boston, the bench always has a tough time on the road. The Magic are stocked...

btw- the Flutie curse continues. I swear, every time they show Flutie in the crowd shot in Boston, the Celtics lose. Hate to waste a Lakers loss, on a crap game like that..... <_<

I am not feeling as suicidal as I was after game 1... I wasn't anticipating the Magic playing so soft....

Yep, they played like a team that was content with stealing game 1 on the road, instead of showing some killer instict and taking it to them in Game 2.

I certainly would have liked to see a better effort in that game, but we shall see how things go in Orlando.

Sorry if this has already been covered but is there a place in Western New York that is known as a basketball hang out? All the places I frequent seem to consider it an after thought unless nothing else is on.

I just watch the games with my friends. It does suck but WNY just isn't into hoops. and I could understand other years but this year has been really good.

I don't really have a team per sec (though I would lean towards the Celts) but all I know is I hate Kobe as much as hate anyone. I really wanted Artest to go Artest on him last night. It was hilarious watching the Lakers try and be tough guys last nite. But overall, this is a really good series and it's getting chippy. I like Houston's chances and I like for there to be one brawl. :w00t:

Yep, they played like a team that was content with stealing game 1 on the road, instead of showing some killer instict and taking it to them in Game 2.

I certainly would have liked to see a better effort in that game, but we shall see how things go in Orlando.

Damn, I wish the games were spaced out a little different. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to how they schedule them. Celtcs/Magic, one day between games. Nuggets/Mavs games with multiple days in between. I know it is all for television sake, but I wish to god the Celts/Magic were not playing both Friday and Sunday night games....I will still watch, but it cuts into family time a little...

That's what I'm talking about, baby!

Not only did they build a big lead, but this time the Magic held on to it!

I hope Perkins gets suspended for Game 4 for his elbow to the throat of Pietrus.

If not, he will get the full fury of the Orlando crowd just like House and Rondo got it tonight.

House celebrates after every made shot.....I wanted to slap him across the back of the head........oh wait, Alston took care of that for me......... <_< (But he sure is on fire in this series!)

I'll be at Game 4 on Sunday, and Game 6 (if necessary).... just take care of business at home(the defending champs won't go without a fight) and its on to the next round!

That's what I'm talking about, baby!

Not only did they build a big lead, but this time the Magic held on to it!

I hope Perkins gets suspended for Game 4 for his elbow to the throat of Pietrus.

If not, he will get the full fury of the Orlando crowd just like House and Rondo got it tonight.

House celebrates after every made shot.....I wanted to slap him across the back of the head........oh wait, Alston took care of that for me......... <_< (But he sure is on fire in this series!)

I'll be at Game 4 on Sunday, and Game 6 (if necessary).... just take care of business at home(the defending champs won't go without a fight) and its on to the next round!

I don't know how much of Perkins hit on Pietrus was acting on Pietrus part, or actual force, but I wouldn't be surprised if Perkins gets suspended. There is a huge amount of Celtic hate in the NBA media, and they (and Stan Van) keep bringing up the two flagrants that were not called on Rondo, in the Bulls series.

Either way, the Celtics, with or without Perkins, just don't have the depth in their big guys to go toe to toe with the Magic. Guys like Perkins, Davis, and Scalabrine can do some things, but they aren't established enough to get any "no calls" from refs, so they will always be in foul trouble. Pierce had a decent second half, but he is running on fumes. Alan has been way off. I love House. He did the same thing last year, he killed the Lakers.

Anyway, even though the Magic destroyed the Celtics tonight, if the Celtics make some shots, I don't think they were dominated. Other than House, they have just been cold shooting, more nights than not, this playoff season. They have to rely on their defense to keep these games closer. That is a little tougher a mission, without Garnett.

Congrats to the Magic. Funny you hate House, because I have always thought Alston was kind of a whiney taffy ass. Take him off that team, and I think the Magic are a pretty likable team.

Congrats to the Magic. Funny you hate House, because I have always thought Alston was kind of a whiney taffy ass. Take him off that team, and I think the Magic are a pretty likable team.

I didn't say I hated House, he's a great shooter, but even you have to admit its a little ridiculous how he celebrates every shot like he just hit a game winner.

Whenever they show a close up of him running back from a made shot, he is posturing and dropping F-bombs like there is no tomorrow.

I think he got a technical in the Bulls series for it.

I will say it seemed that he toned it down a little in Game 3.

I'm not a huge fan of Alston either, but he was an important pickup after the injury to Jameer Nelson.

I didn't say I hated House, he's a great shooter, but even you have to admit its a little ridiculous how he celebrates every shot like he just hit a game winner.

Whenever they show a close up of him running back from a made shot, he is posturing and dropping F-bombs like there is no tomorrow.

I think he got a technical in the Bulls series for it.

I will say it seemed that he toned it down a little in Game 3.

I'm not a huge fan of Alston either, but he was an important pickup after the injury to Jameer Nelson.

Yeah, it doesn't bother me...when he is doing that, he "in the zone", blocking everything else out... as for the tech against the Bulls, that was instigated by the Bulls bench trying to distract him while he was putting up another three on them. I have no problem with players being a little cocky, if they are backing it up. He is a phenominal shooter, and has been for some time. As Doc Rivers said in game 2, as long as he puts effort in on the defensive end, he will get his playing time. I guess I will always have a soft spot in my heart for long range shooters. The Magic have some terrific ones too.

Wow, the Mavs just choked big time!

Carmello Anthony puts the dagger in Dallas with two big hoops in the last 25 secs, even though Dallas had been up by 4.

Wow, the Mavs just choked big time!

Carmello Anthony puts the dagger in Dallas with two big hoops in the last 25 secs, even though Dallas had been up by 4.

Pretty funny to see a team complain that a foul WASN'T called on them.

A foul should have been called, but I hate that strategy, so they deserve to get scored on. Play until you hear the whistle.

Very bad call. Clear bump and no reason why the whistle was silent.

But another great (albeit sloppy) game in what has been the best playoffs I can remember since the Jordan days. All complaints about the quality of the NBA have been effectively erased this post-season.

"Players don't care enough." - Bull. Hard fouls, high emotions and great individual efforts.

"All dunks and 3s." - Bull. That was never really a valid reason anyway.

"No star quality." - HUGE Bull. LeBron has been superhuman. Kobe is firing on all cylinders. Rajon Rondo is becoming one of the best PGs right before our eyes (He's AVERAGING a triple double for the whole playoffs for Chrissakes...and he's 6'1").