Official NBA playoffs thread....

Special K

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes!! It feels great to finally get a win in this series!

The Magic hit their shots tonight, and Kobe had a "non-Kobe" second half.

This team never quits..they have had to regroup time after time in the playoffs, and they just keep coming back.

I only wish that Courtney Lee made that lay-up in game 2....what could have been.

I'm not giving up, and if the Magic win Game 4, you never know........I certainly will never count out my Magic!!!!

Lets turn one win into two, then 3, then..............

BEAT LA! BEAT LA! BEAT LA!

GO MAGIC!!!!!

Yes!! It feels great to finally get a win in this series!

The Magic hit their shots tonight, and Kobe had a "non-Kobe" second half.

This team never quits..they have had to regroup time after time in the playoffs, and they just keep coming back.

I only wish that Courtney Lee made that lay-up in game 2....what could have been.

I'm not giving up, and if the Magic win Game 4, you never know........I certainly will never count out my Magic!!!!

Lets turn one win into two, then 3, then..............

GO MAGIC!!!!!

If Courtney makes the layup, maybe they come out relaxed for this game and lose. No sense in playing the "what if" game. It'll just drive you crazy. :censored:

Enough with the Kobe ball washing from these announcers.... :censored:

It drives me nuts when they do it in the first 2 minutes of the game, but Kobe earned it in the first quarter (and throughout the first half). Dude's just ridiculous when he's playing his best.

On the other hand, all the bitching, complaining and flopping he does throughout a game, not to mention the refs giving him too much (oh, and the rapist thing), makes me hate the guy.

It drives me nuts when they do it in the first 2 minutes of the game, but Kobe earned it in the first quarter (and throughout the first half). Dude's just ridiculous when he's playing his best.

On the other hand, all the bitching, complaining and flopping he does throughout a game, not to mention the refs giving him too much (oh, and the rapist thing), makes me hate the guy.

I did find it somewhat satisfying that not long after I posted that, Kobe missed his next few shots, including 2 out of 3 FTs after being fouled outside the 3-point line. So that made up for it :D I probably wouldn't dislike the guy QUITE as much as I do if he wasn't from my (adopted) home town of Philly.

Jeez...a little too close for comfort...here is hoping the Magic find a little more killer instinct...oh well, a win is a win...now they just have to focus on tying it up on Thursday...nice game for Rashard Lewis...dude could play for my Celtics, anytime, as far as I am concerned! I know from watching the playoff run, the Magic are not going to roll over and play dead for the Lakers...

I must admit, I went to a sports bar tonight to watch the Wings/Penguins game, and only got to watch the first half of the basketball game with half an eye. I think I am the only person I know, who loves the NBA and the NHL. Every time I looked at the Magic/Lakers game, it seemed like Kobe was making an incredible shot. I got home in time to see the second half, on my own couch, and I was shocked by how cold Kobe was in the second...

Jeez...a little too close for comfort...here is hoping the Magic find a little more killer instinct...oh well, a win is a win...now they just have to focus on tying it up on Thursday...nice game for Rashard Lewis...dude could play for my Celtics, anytime, as far as I am concerned! I know from watching the playoff run, the Magic are not going to roll over and play dead for the Lakers...

I must admit, I went to a sports bar tonight to watch the Wings/Penguins game, and only got to watch the first half of the basketball game with half an eye. I think I am the only person I know, who loves the NBA and the NHL. Every time I looked at the Magic/Lakers game, it seemed like Kobe was making an incredible shot. I got home in time to see the second half, on my own couch, and I was shocked by how cold Kobe was in the second...

A little more of a killer instinct? Our rebounding numbers were horrible because the Magic hardly missed.

There are two ways a Orlando fan can look at this....

"We won our 1st game we are back in the series"

or

"Jesus we shot 63% for the game and barely won at home....."

Orlando isn't going to shoot that percentage consistantly......I was worried about this game and I was right to be....I think the Lake show takes the next one.....the magic take the final one because it will be do or die...then we finish you off at home.

A little more of a killer instinct? Our rebounding numbers were horrible because the Magic hardly missed.

or

Orlando isn't going to shoot that percentage consistantly......I was worried about this game and I was right to be....I think the Lake show takes the next one.....the magic take the final one because it will be do or die...then we finish you off at home.

Bingo. Plus Kobe had a pretty damn brutal second half and the game still went down to the final minutes. You're right about the next couple games too, Lakers end it in 6 at the Staples Center and we celebrate. :D

or

That is what I meant. I am happy the Magic won the game but they couldn't really put the Lakers away...Kobe's bad shooting in the second half, is what saved the Magic...

Let me also say that it has been really really REALLY hard for me to hate the magic. If my team was not the opposition I would totally be routing for them.

Its easy to hate on a team like the Denver Nuggets filled with prima donna's and thugs....and I have always hated the Jazz because I cant stand Utah in general......

I think that Dwight Howard is getting away with a bit more then he should.....but I am not complaining........and I would take Rashard Lewis on my team any day.

That is what I meant. I am happy the Magic won the game but they couldn't really put the Lakers away...Kobe's bad shooting in the second half, is what saved the Magic...

It's always something though, no matter which way the game goes. The Magic played pretty bad in game two, but it was 4 missed foul shots down the stretch and a missed layup that lost them the game. But if they had made those foul shots, would that mean they win? No, it just means the game goes in a different direction.

It would have been great to see the Magic have such a great shooting night and put the game away early. And it would have been great for the Lakers (and their fans) to have taken advantage of a bad night for almost the whole Magic team in game 2, but neither thing happened. I think if you're looking at history to find a future winner, you go with the Magic. A team that lost big it's first game, barely lost the second, and won the third with a great offensive game. Of course my point is that past performance really means nothing, and looking at individual baskets (except of course for last second shots) to find a reason for a win or loss means just as little, so in the end all you can do is wait and see.

The all-important Game 4 is almost upon us.....I'm anxious to see if the Magic can get back in this series tonight.

What gives me confidence is the way the Magic won Game 3...they got balanced scoring, and two players who had a horrible first 2 games(Alston/Pietrus) broke through and were major contributors.

Lets go Magic, ride the wave of the home crowd(It kills me that I couldn't get any Finals tickets), keep hitting your shots, and even this thing up tonight!!!

GO MAGIC!!!!!

On the other hand when you defend your home court and steal one from the 2 seed it pretty much kills them early.....

If the lakers win tonight....its over

Lakers will get CRUSHED tonight. CRUSHED, DAMMIT!!!! :rolleyes:

Stern's coronation of Kobe takes an unexpected reminder slam from a surprise source. Manny Ramirez:

Manny doesn't want to play second fiddle in LA I guess.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4246848

Crayonz, I am hearing a rumor that the Celtics are looking to trade Rondo and Ray Allen, to New Orleans, for Chris Paul. How does Stern feel about this happening...where does it fit in, in the script?

Crayonz, I am hearing a rumor that the Celtics are looking to trade Rondo and Ray Allen, to New Orleans, for Chris Paul. How does Stern feel about this happening...where does it fit in, in the script?

Big difference between "looking to trade" and actually "pulling the trigger" on the deal. Let me guess, he will say it is a little sideshow to keep the fans chomping at the bit.

:rolleyes::D