Peters reaches terms

The way I read, that, he's making $53 million above what he would have received from his current contract. I have to assume there's a nice signing bonus involved and the new deal is front-loaded, so no, I doubt he'll still be working for $3.5 million this year, or whatever he was slated to get.

Ya, that would make a lot more sense. But the way it read was $53 Million for the 4 year extension. But, I'm sure you're right.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really hate to say this, but if the Bills have a very poor season this year, then they will be picking in the top five in the draft next year and will sign that pick to a contract similar in dollars to the one agreed to by Peters.

:D

And, yeah, Andy Reid clearly knows nothing about football. :wallbash:

:D

And, yeah, Andy Reid clearly knows nothing about football. :wallbash:

I'm sure the fact he has an elite QB has nothign to do with his success either.

And in big spots, Reid makes an awful lot of Jauron-like decisions. If he was the Bilsl coach, we'd try to run him out of town just like the Eagles fans do. Fact.

Let that thought sink in for a while ... and then realize that he was never, ever going to get that deal in Buffalo. The days of giving Jim Kelly or Bruce Smith or Ted Washington the "highest-paid" title are long gone.

Nope. We prefer to sneak up on the salary cap minimum slow and easy like crawling through a minefield.

Tim or Lori,

I heard Marcellus Wiley say that he talked to one of the locker room leaders on the Bills that basically said that Peters was holding the team hostage with his contract talks and holdout threats. It sounded to me like the team was starting to get fed up with Peters over this whole thing. Have either one of you heard anything similar to this?

Whoa, now. I'm flattered by that question, Kevin, but Tim's the one who actually covers the team. I just write about 'em from time to time.

It is an interesting question, though. Wouldn't mind knowing the answer to that one myself.

So if its true the Bills were offering nearly 10 Million, is it safe to say Peters did not want to play for Buffalo anymore?

The report of the Bills offering $9.75 mill was discredited. No legit source was ever found.

Why didn't we offer $10 mill/year and find out whether he wanted to play for us? It was, and is, his market value.

The report of the Bills offering $9.75 mill was discredited. No legit source was ever found.

Why didn't we offer $10 mill/year and find out whether he wanted to play for us? It was, and is, his market value.

You want 10. The team says 8.5. So, you hang up the phone, refuse to talk to anyone, and wait. Sounds fairly obvious to me that he wanted out. The only other option is the $25mill in guaranteed cash. Maybe the Bills wanted that to be in the $15ish range and that was what made them hang up the phone. Don't really know. But, on the surface, it just seems like it was over between the two.

Whoa, now. I'm flattered by that question, Kevin, but Tim's the one who actually covers the team. I just write about 'em from time to time.

It is an interesting question, though. Wouldn't mind knowing the answer to that one myself.

OOOOOHHHHHHHHHHH, ok...... You still know more about the team than I do hahahaha. I am really pumped up about this trade. I was dreading having Peters unsigned going into the season again. When Marcellus made that comment that made me perk up. I don't know how reliable Marcellus is, but it was certainly an interesting comment.

As I read all these posts here, it seems painfully obvious that most are just trying to make themselves feel better about this "trade" (I use the word loosely) that just doomed our team.

You guys can say JP has no brains, that he'll get lazy in two years (really?), get arrested, or other such laughable comments but the truth is he is one of the best LTs in the game. He's played the position for what, 3 years? 2 years form now he won't be arrested or quit on his team, he'll be THAT much better and the pre-eminent LT in the league (oh wait, everyone outside Buffalo thinks he's pretty much there right now).

What did we get in return? The 28th pick? Seriously? This is one of the biggest ripoffs of the decade IMHO and time will bear this out. The failure to pay JP what he was worth casts a negative pall over the future of this franchise.

Philly = winners playing to win

Buffalo = playing to save a buck (or two)

I don't know about you guys, but this was a TERRIBLE move by the Bills FO. Absolutely terrible.

So if its true the Bills were offering nearly 10 Million, is it safe to say Peters did not want to play for Buffalo anymore?

It sure as hell looks like that.

That's the feeling I've had since He started this sitting at Home thing last year...I felt all along Peters simply did not want to play in Buffalo any more... :D

I guess I had that sick feeling deep in the pit of my stomach but I didn't want to admit it too.

I really hope Brandon knows what he's doing. He certainly isn't lacking balls. Let's hope he has brains too.

I don't know too much about the brains and balls thing but I do know that he has a backbone.

Well that's a lot of money for a guy who is willing to hold out on his team until the start of the season while under contract for 3 more years despite the fact that that team developed him into the player he became (for one year).

!@#$ing A-right, you can say that again.

Now, I was at work and just got a chance to look over this board. I haven't read anything from anywhere else. I'm just reading this thread mostly and some titles on the front page but I want to say something now that this mess is over with.

!@#$ JASON PETERS! He doesn't want to play in Buffalo??!! Good, get the !@#$ out of here. Go play for that fat piece of sh-- Andy Reid, you both deserve each other. When no one wanted Peters, we signed him. We put him at RT and paid him good and paid him fast. This piece of sh-- is a !@#$ing weirdo who is all about himself and didn't give two sh!ts about !@#$ing up our season last year.

He can go !@#$ himself for all I care. What happen to signing a contract and honoring it??? Oh, I know, he deserves more for the position switch. Fine, I don't have a problem with that. The problem I have is the way that he went about it. He doesn't want to play in Buffalo. Why, we're not good enough for him? Screw you, get the !@#$ out of here. And all you whiny bitches, what, are you stupid??? You want to cry because we traded him? You should be celebrating and pissed off at the same time! Be joyous that this selfish piece of sh-- is gone and be pissed that for over a year he could give a sh-- about you, his teammates and this organization. He did nothing but sabotaged this team and our season. Beat it!

I like this Brandon more and more as time goes on! He's more like Polian than what he gets credit for. The guy rolled up his sleeves and went toe to toe with this malcontent piece of sh-- and it looks like not only did he send a message loud and clear but he also is not going to put up with all these either overpaid players or the underachievers. He is ALL about Buffalo and ALL about us! Don't badmouth this guy, embrace him!

I could go on and on right now because I got this cold anger but I won't. The fans of this organization need to get their heads out of their @$$e$ and get in line. Quit second guessing every freaking thing that Brandon is doing. He's taking charge and not backing up an inch. Before anyone starts with that "oh we haven't been to the play-offs and we keep on replacing our guys" sh--, let me just state the obvious. This is Brandon's first season and opportunity to take charge and be accountable and THAT'S exactly what he is doing. I don't loathe him, I applaud him.

Now go ahead and blast me and say all the nasty sh-- to me and about me but enough is enough. This guy and team is finally taking shape and setting down the law and I love it!

I'm not going to get into the whole "was he or wasn't he that great" debate, I'll only go off what the GM's say which was that he was an amazing player. With that being said, this is crap that he signed for only 10 million a year with the Eagle. If we were offering around 9, you are telling me that we let a premier LT go over a million bucks difference? I'm sorry, but there has to be more to this. I have to think that either Peters didn't want to be here anymore or the Bills were just done with him. If not, our FO is just as inept as I am starting to believe them to be.

Once again, I'm basing this off of what our FO says about his talent. I still think he's an A-Hole for trying to re-work a deal with three years left, and then again with two. Definitely a ME-ME-ME player who has to gratitude to a team that created his career.

I guess I had that sick feeling deep in the pit of my stomach but I didn't want to admit too.

I don't know too much about the brains and balls thing but I do know that he has has a backbone.

Now, I was at work and just got a chance to look over this board. I haven't read anything from anywhere else. I'm just reading this thread mostly and some titles on the front page but I want to say something now that this mess is over with.

!@#$ JASON PETERS! He doesn't want to play in Buffalo??!! Good, get the !@#$ out of here. Go play for that fat piece of sh-- Andy Reid, you both deserve each other. When no one wanted Peters, we signed him. We put him at RT and paid him good and paid him fast. This piece of sh-- is a !@#$ing weirdo who is all about himself and didn't give two sh!ts about !@#$ing up our season last year.

He can go !@#$ himself for all I care. What happen to signing a contract and honoring it??? Oh, I know, he deserves more for the position switch. Fine, I don't have a problem with that. The problem I have is the way that he went about it. He doesn't want to play in Buffalo. Why, we're not good enough for him? Screw you, get the !@#$ out of here. And all you whiny bitches, what, are you stupid??? You want to cry because we traded him? You should be celebrating and pissed off at the same time! Be joyous that this selfish piece of sh-- is gone and be pissed that for over a year he could give a sh-- about you, his teammates and this organization. He did nothing but sabotaged this team and our season. Beat it!

I like this Brandon more and more as time goes on! He's more like Polian than what he gets credit for. The guy rolled up his sleeves and went toe to toe with this malcontent piece of sh-- and it looks like not only did he send a message loud and clear but he also not going to put up with these either overpaid players or the underachievers. He is ALL about Buffalo and ALL about us! Don't badmouth this guy, embrace him!

I could go on and on right because I got this cold anger but I won't. The fans of this organization need to get their heads out of their @$$e$ and get in line. Quit second guessing every freaking thing that brandon is doing. He's taking charge and not backing up an inch. Before anyone starts with that "oh we haven't been to the play-offs and we keep on replacing our guys" sh--, let me just state the obvious. This is Brandon's first season and opportunity to take charge and be accountable and THAT'S exactly what he is doing. I don't loathe him, I applaud him.

Now go ahead and blast me and say all the nasty sh-- to me and about me but enough is enough. This guy and team is finally taking shape and setting down the law and I love it!

First off, you suck. You posted almost the exact same feelings I had on this whole thing while I was typing mine out.

Second, I'm tired of being on the same page as you in most of the threads. I want to be angry by myself at the world. :D

First off, you suck. You posted almost the exact same feelings I had on this whole thing while I was typing mine out.

Second, I'm tired of being on the same page as you in most of the threads. I want to be angry by myself at the world. :D

No, you were nowhere near as angry as Tipster.

Now that's more like it. :D

When I read Tipster's post, I thought of this.

LOL! That's great and not too off the mark except that there wasn't enough blue language in it. Do you want to hear something funny? I actually ended my rant with a hallelujah but decided against it and erased it just before I hit the "add reply" button.

LOL! That's great and not too off the mark except that there wasn't enough blue language in it. Do you want to hear something funny? I actually ended my rant with a hallelujah but decided against it and erased it just before I hit the "add reply" button.

When I first heard about the trade I thought that we should have gotten more for Peters. But I'm starting to feel better about it. I was surprised both times that Peters was selected to the Pro Bowl and he did finish the last two seasons with injuries, so perhaps Philly is taking the risk with a $60 mil. contract. I don't like the idea of having to replace the whole left side of the line though. When we let Dockery go, I though the Bills had a line on a top FA like Birk. However, letting him go just to save money, was the wrong move.

As I read all these posts here, it seems painfully obvious that most are just trying to make themselves feel better about this "trade" (I use the word loosely) that just doomed our team.

You guys can say JP has no brains, that he'll get lazy in two years (really?), get arrested, or other such laughable comments but the truth is he is one of the best LTs in the game. He's played the position for what, 3 years? 2 years form now he won't be arrested or quit on his team, he'll be THAT much better and the pre-eminent LT in the league (oh wait, everyone outside Buffalo thinks he's pretty much there right now).

What did we get in return? The 28th pick? Seriously? This is one of the biggest ripoffs of the decade IMHO and time will bear this out. The failure to pay JP what he was worth casts a negative pall over the future of this franchise.

I don't know about you guys, but this was a TERRIBLE move by the Bills FO. Absolutely terrible.

You might be right, I happen to think you are wrong. It is going to be interesting to reflect on the comments of today to see if our team (which hasn't made playoffs in years and years) is in fact "doomed"

It seems to me that this team was "doomed" anyway.......so I dont know how we go backwards in a team shake up.

Tim or Lori,

I heard Marcellus Wiley say that he talked to one of the locker room leaders on the Bills that basically said that Peters was holding the team hostage with his contract talks and holdout threats. It sounded to me like the team was starting to get fed up with Peters over this whole thing. Have either one of you heard anything similar to this?

I heard that to. What struck me was wiley specifically said he spoke to a member of the team stating & made it sound like his teammates were growing tired of his act too. More & more I look at it, the more I realize the bills had no choice. The bills should of held tight for the 21st pick & a 3rd rounder though. Philly would of caved imo.

I guess I had that sick feeling deep in the pit of my stomach but I didn't want to admit too.

I don't know too much about the brains and balls thing but I do know that he has has a backbone.

I like this Brandon more and more as time goes on! He's more like Polian than what he gets credit for. The guy rolled up his sleeves and went toe to toe with this malcontent piece of sh-- and it looks like not only did he send a message loud and clear but he also is not going to put up with all these either overpaid players or the underachievers. He is ALL about Buffalo and ALL about us! Don't badmouth this guy, embrace him!

I could go on and on right now because I got this cold anger but I won't. The fans of this organization need to get their heads out of their @$$e$ and get in line. Quit second guessing every freaking thing that Brandon is doing. He's taking charge and not backing up an inch. Before anyone starts with that "oh we haven't been to the play-offs and we keep on replacing our guys" sh--, let me just state the obvious. This is Brandon's first season and opportunity to take charge and be accountable and THAT'S exactly what he is doing. I don't loathe him, I applaud him.

With the exception of keeping the HC I agree with everything you just said.

When I first heard about the trade I thought that we should have gotten more for Peters. But I'm starting to feel better about it. I was surprised both times that Peters was selected to the Pro Bowl and he did finish the last two seasons with injuries, so perhaps Philly is taking the risk with a $60 mil. contract. I don't like the idea of having to replace the whole left side of the line though. When we let Dockery go, I though the Bills had a line on a top FA like Birk. However, letting him go just to save money, was the wrong move.

I'm still having problems getting over it not being their first, 1st rounder and a 3rd instead of a 4th. I know that once the draft is over, I won't care anymore. But when you keep hearing that the starting asking price was a 1st and a 3rd, that's what you get attached to. Plus, the Eagles has 12 picks which means they had plenty to give. Add the fact that they pick so low that they might as well be a 2nd and 5th doesn't really help

Yeah, I'm also guessing the "flexibility" in 1(#28),4 and 6(2010) is that they didn't want to pay picks 1(#21),3 this year. Hence the deft dealings of the FO. Good Lord. Can we play in the WAC?

C

Those of you saying this is a good move for the franchise would be right IF this team had invested in top notch talent evaluators, trainers, and coaches. If I'm a smal market owner and I realize that in today's NFL, I'll never be able to pay the highest dollar for elite players, I make these other, and cheaper, investments to ensure that I always have a full cupboard of quality young players and solid gameday execution. In the Bills case, you absolutely HAVE to do this to survive. Which is why the Bills are doomed as long as Ralph is alive. Sorry to say it, but he doesn't understand this and never will. He has not hired quality talent evaluators, especially on the pro personnel side (which is also key for evaluating your own team's talent). He has a marketing guy running the show for chrissake. He has no clue how to hire a head coach and won't pay top dollar for a good one (I never understood this, isn't paying top dollar for a head coach cheaper than paying for top talent?). And we have far from the best set of trainers in the League (again, investing a small amount here protects the investments you've made in talent). Because Ralph doesn't, and NEVER WILL get it, this trade, like every other move this rudderless franchise makes, will be a disaster.

I heard that to. What struck me was wiley specifically said he spoke to a member of the team stating & made it sound like his teammates were growing tired of his act too. More & more I look at it, the more I realize the bills had no choice. The bills should of held tight for the 21st pick & a 3rd rounder though. Philly would of caved imo.

I read the Wiley comment also

I am sure the Bills did the right thing, you know he was going to hold out again this summer and it hurt the team last year

I am glad they got another first round pick but the 4th was too low IMO

Have to admit I am liking Brandon more and more

Now it would be wise to trade down and add more picks if Brown or Ayers is off the board @ #11

We need all the draft picks we can get at this point

A better way to put it:

Andy Reid, 6 out of 9 in playoff appearances since 2000. Buffalo: 0.

The Bills got so schooled on this trade it's a freakin' joke. #28???????

Huh. I thought the only thing that counts is 0-9...

The "new money" argument is total nonsense. All along he has wanted to be amongst the top 2-3 Lts in the game. That means 10+ mil a year. He always wanted a little more than Gross got which is just under 10 mil. He always thought his old contract was obsolete and wanted to just rip it up and start over. That was the going rate, and 6-60 is what myself and several others here thought could get the deal done. There is zero chance that Peters was negotiating and saying okay, I will play for 3 mil this year but I want 13 mil starting in year three. He was saying forget the old RT contract, I want 10 mil a year for 6 years and be right at the top. The Bills could have offered that and in all likelihood he would have been thrilled.

Chances are the Bills just didn't want to pay the going rate for him, but he wasn't asking for 12-13 mil a season it was 10 mil a season and what he is worth and what all top LTs will be making.

We could have afforded it. I and others knew that is what he wanted. It says nothing about not wanting to play in Buffalo. It's arguable whether he is worth it or not. A lot of people don't think so and a lot of people do. It's just an opinion. But he wasn't out of our range or asking for an outrageous amount. As evidenced by them doing a deal in one day that doesn't break the bank and makes him the second highest paid tackle, soon to probably be the third

As evidenced by them doing a deal in one day that doesn't break the bank and makes him the second highest paid tackle, soon to probably be the third

And yet, the open question remains...is he the second or third best OT in the game? That's something I don't feel the Bills were convinced of.

His inconsistency and motivational challeges don't look very Pace, Jones or even Joe Thomas-like, in the sense that he's done very little to improve his off-season conditioning or shore up his weaknesses like the best guys at any position do. He's just relied on his athleticism and not seemed to care about developing the 'edge' that goes along with actually being the guy you say you want to be.

All those who have posted numerous times that Parker is the worst agent ever and that Peters is an idiot who doesn't know how to negotiate please take a bow. That terrible agent and his idiot client just got out of a bad deal 2 years early and became the highest paid OT in NFL history.

What fools.

I mean you guys, not them. It's sarcasm, see?

Good luck Jason and good luck to the Bills finding a two time pro bowler 28 picks or about 7 hours into the draft.

Oh well, at least was still have, *gulp* Schobel... Him we paid. Well, he is an awfully nice guy. Can't play for crap anymore but he is one helluva nice guy.

All those who have posted numerous times that Parker is the worst agent ever and that Peters is an idiot who doesn't know how to negotiate please take a bow. That terrible agent and his idiot client just got out of a bad deal 2 years early and became the highest paid OT in NFL history.

What fools.

I mean you guys, not them. It's sarcasm, see?

Good luck Jason and good luck to the Bills finding a two time pro bowler 28 picks or about 7 hours into the draft.

Oh well, at least was still have, *gulp* Schobel... Him we paid. Well, he is an awfully nice guy. Can't play for crap anymore but he is one helluva nice guy.

If they found Peters roughly 20 hours after the draft, I'd say just 7 is a heck of a head start.

To me, in a perfect world poetic justice would be to have the Bills give a big money contract to Bell in a few years deservedly.

The "new money" argument is total nonsense. All along he has wanted to be amongst the top 2-3 Lts in the game. That means 10+ mil a year. He always wanted a little more than Gross got which is just under 10 mil. He always thought his old contract was obsolete and wanted to just rip it up and start over. That was the going rate, and 6-60 is what myself and several others here thought could get the deal done. There is zero chance that Peters was negotiating and saying okay, I will play for 3 mil this year but I want 13 mil starting in year three. He was saying forget the old RT contract, I want 10 mil a year for 6 years and be right at the top. The Bills could have offered that and in all likelihood he would have been thrilled.

Chances are the Bills just didn't want to pay the going rate for him, but he wasn't asking for 12-13 mil a season it was 10 mil a season and what he is worth and what all top LTs will be making.

We could have afforded it. I and others knew that is what he wanted. It says nothing about not wanting to play in Buffalo. It's arguable whether he is worth it or not. A lot of people don't think so and a lot of people do. It's just an opinion. But he wasn't out of our range or asking for an outrageous amount. As evidenced by them doing a deal in one day that doesn't break the bank and makes him the second highest paid tackle, soon to probably be the third

The better question I think in evaluating the FO's performance in this drama is what price could they have got last year if they had been willing to deal then? Whatever his price was this year, it would have been less last year is my bet. Which means that the team would have been much smarter to have negotiated with him in February of 2008 rather than publicly thrashing him in July of 2008 to get the fans to blame him and not their stinginess.

To break even on this deal, not to be ahead but to essentially break even, we need to find a perennial pro bowler with the 28th pick in the draft, about 7-8 hours after the opening bell. I don't like the odds.

The one silver lining is that we have lots of money now to overpay another aging, underperfoming vet like Kelsay or Schobel. I am so relieved.

Seriously, how can you possibly sit down in a meeting with Ralph and explain that you broke the bank to keep a couple of has-beens or never-wases like Kelsay and Schobel buty you bungled and fumbled away arguably the best LT in the game in his freaking prime? What do you say??? "Um...well...um.....Kirk Chambers looked good.....er...um....."

Another good question, exactly how confident should any of us be that the team will use their added picks wisely this year after this 2 year fiasco? Their record and performance on and off the field does not fill me with confidence.

these comments are right on

they also point out that the Bills have the fans so conditioned and brain washed to justify and even praise each and every absolutely stupid and incompetent (and criminal) action by the team.

how anyone with even half a mind can think that giving away a pro bowl LT in his prime for marginal draft picks will improve the team in 2009 is completely delusional.

for the last 15 years the Bills have proven time and time again that they are incapable at identifying OL talent. they have blown a high pick and wasted enormous money in free agency. Now they are magically going to replace 60% of the OL in one off-season without a top 10 pick and with no big free agent signing.

not sure why the front office has a death wish - but their philosophy hasn't worked this decade at making the playoffs- now it looks unlikely they will win 6 games in 2009.

can't wait till they trade the top punt returner in the league for a 5th rounder :D

Well that's a lot of money for a guy who is willing to hold out on his team until the start of the season while under contract for 3 more years despite the fact that that team developed him into the player he became (for one year).

You see the Eagles, who actually know how to get to the playoffs, understand that an elite LT is a valuable commodity and should be compensated as such. The Eagles understand that the guy was worth the contract they gave him, and that is the difference between a perennial playoff team and superbowl contender and the AFC east whipping boys who like to give second tier players prime time contracts while spurning their true talent and pretending there is justification for not paying the guy.

The Bills deserve the 3-5 years of losing that this move will perpetuate.

If they found Peters roughly 20 hours after the draft, I'd say just 7 is a heck of a head start.

To me, in a perfect world poetic justice would be to have the Bills give a big money contract to Bell in a few years deservedly.

Great, send us a card from the land of Angels and Lollipops. Those of us mired in that sticky thing called reality know that the odds of finding a Jason Peters with the first pick, the second, or 30 picks is vanishingly small. It's a lightning strike. Not a bright idea to build your future around it.

In my book, two pro bowl worthy seasins (2006 and 2007) and another solid year given the practice time he missed, proved Peter's worth several times over. Philly, who has been to the playoffs a heckuva a lot more frequently than us, knows what he is worth. So, while some fans loose sleep over whether this guy or that guy is under or over paid, the rest of us, those who care most about winning rather than perceived pay equality, are looking at a season where we will be lucky to rise to our usual level of mediocrity.

I am still waiting for all those who driveled on and on about Parker being a terrible agent and Peters being a moron for not firing him to stand up and take responsibility for those opinions now that Parker and Peters got out of a bad deal 2 years early (so much for the "bills have him by the balls" theory) and is now the highest paid OT in NFL history and playing for a team that actually wins rather than one whose head coach will be fired by week 5, 6 at the latest.

I really hate to say this, but if the Bills have a very poor season this year, then they will be picking in the top five in the draft next year and will sign that pick to a contract similar in dollars to the one agreed to by Peters.

Boy, that is a great point. As someone posted earlier, the season hasn't started yet so it may not play out that way.

However, by next year, TO will probably be gone so we'd better hope this retooling of the entire left side pans outs this year...I guess it couldn't get worse than last year. It would seem we're going to be forced this year to pick a LT in the draft, so let's hope the scouting dept doesn't whiff and pick Mike Williams II. They don't have the greatest track record lately.

So following the current Bills logic we should just trade Lee Evans and Leodis McKelvin for a couple of low first-second rounders. Why even bother paying any veterans? Since we can replace any position with elite next level talent via the draft, there is no sense in paying anybody top $$. In fact we should just trade anybody on our team making more than 4 million for draft picks and fill out our roster on draft day.

I hope the Eagles win it all and JP makes 6 more pro bowls in his career. You brainless anti-Peters idiots deserve to root for a losing team. Congratulations for letting the Bills FO convince you that this is a prudent move, like a bunch of unthinking marionettes. You people make me !@#$ing sick.

I don't know how anyone can be happy that the Bills just got rid of a guy who was our best player in 2007 and certainly our best OL since Hull. That said, the way things went down, there's no way the Bills could justify paying a guy that kind of money who did what he did last year. In an ideal world where the Bills hadn't sucked for the past 10 years, I would have let Peters piss his career away and made him play under his current deal unless he showed up to every offseason workout program and training camp. Unfortunately the Bills need all the help they can get and couldn't afford to not take Philly's offer.

Not only do we lose our most elite player at the 2nd most critical position in football, but we send the message ringing loud and clear to the rest of the league: if you are top tier talent, STAY AWAY FROM BUFFALO, because you WILL NOT GET PAID. The ramifications of this brainless trade are unimaginable. You !@#$ing tools sit there are spout your nonsense about drafting a replacement, but even *if* we happen to beat the incredibly long odds and find a pro-bowl caliber player with the 28th pick, its a moot point because we all already KNOW that the Bills will NOT PAY HIM and he will go to another team that will as soon as he reaches that level. I wouldn't be such a fool as to post my support of this deal anywhere on the internet, because you couldn't possibly look more stupid if you had it tattooed across your forehead....

What makes you rooster-spasms think that the Bills are going to pay anybody what the LT position is worth? If we had got both the Eagles first round picks we would have been on the losing end of the trade...now we are just a laughing stock. God I'd love to pound every one of your whiny, incompetent, front office blowing asses into oblivion. But alas, since this is the internet, I'll have to settle for repeatedly pointing out how !@#$ing stupid you are.