RUMOR: Big curveball coming in with our first pick

SKOOBY

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You got beat up a lot in school, didn't you?

I played alot of hockey and was quite violent, though generally just on the ice. Go Club KC / Ricki's was my calling after high school.

Word came in from BMW driving friends that our first pick is probably going to be a QB, if the one we want is available. We have no real backup and can groom a good one for when we're ready to win. T.O. was a marketing stunt to sell the seats that we're cancelled and the teams management is under no delusion of defeating many on our schedule or division this year. The AFC east is going to be the toughest place to play this year and after finishing last last year, that's where we'll stay.

I expect to get crucified for bringing this to the table but then again I am the anti-Christ.

Why set yourself up for this?? Would it not be better to offer your regrets about the comments you made and then act more graciously? You seem to enjoy the abuse.

Word came in from BMW driving friends that our first pick is probably going to be a QB, if the one we want is available. We have no real backup and can groom a good one for when we're ready to win. T.O. was a marketing stunt to sell the seats that we're cancelled and the teams management is under no delusion of defeating many on our schedule or division this year. The AFC east is going to be the toughest place to play this year and after finishing last last year, that's where we'll stay.

I expect to get crucified for bringing this to the table but then again I am the anti-Christ.

Hey, if true it's one heck of a scoop. If not there is still entertainment value here. Keep it coming.

You got beat up a lot in school, didn't you?

I played alot of hockey and was quite violent, though generally just on the ice. Go Club KC / Ricki's was my calling after high school.

As crazy as it sounds, after the San Diego game Edwards looked absolutely horrible when not playing the NFL's worst defenses in the Chiefs and Broncos. He also again lost time due to injury.

It's been five years since they used a first rounder on a QB so maybe there is a "what if so and so is there" scenario where the Bills do pick a QB.

I think many fans just plain forget what actually happened during the previous season. I was very disturbed by Trent's big decline last season because he was supposed to be "The Natural". This QB stuff came very easy to him. Well he was clearly heading in the opposite direction in 2008.

As much as I think SKOOBY is a little crazy sometimes, I do think there's the small chance that the Bills could go QB if there's someone there that they really like.

oh god no!! He has child hood trauma

I am relatively new here. I wont call Skooby any names, and i think this is just a rumor. But i will give you my two cents on Stafford. He looks to me like Brady Quinn. I watched the guy play for three years. When he first came in you saw flashes of greatness. That all UGA fans thought was going to turn into consistent excellence once he got some more experience. But it never happened. He never progressed to that next step. Can he in the NFL? Maybe. But i think there are still a lot of questions about him. He is a great athlete, big arm. But his head and knowledge of the game bother me. He did play behind i very banged up oline this year. But if he came to Buffalo that wont be any different.

As crazy as it sounds, after the San Diego game Edwards looked absolutely horrible when not playing the NFL's worst defenses in the Chiefs and Broncos. He also again lost time due to injury.

It's been five years since they used a first rounder on a QB so maybe there is a "what if so and so is there" scenario where the Bills do pick a QB.

I think many fans just plain forget what actually happened during the previous season. I was very disturbed by Trent's big decline last season because he was supposed to be "The Natural". This QB stuff came very easy to him. Well he was clearly heading in the opposite direction in 2008.

As much as I think SKOOBY is a little crazy sometimes, I do think there's the small chance that the Bills could go QB if there's someone there that they really like.

I doubt very seriously the Bills take a QB in Round #1...But I won't argue this point either...Plus I think there is a feeling among some at OBD (mainly the Owner) that they REALLY blew it not Drafting Cutler a few Years back...So I think The Bills WILL look long and hard at each and every Draftable QB to make certain they are not going to make another mistake...That being said I think the Need for Pass Rush still wins out in the end... <_<

Too bad there is no price to pay for making stupid posts like this.

PTR

I doubt very seriously the Bills take a QB in Round #1...But I won't argue this point either...Plus I think there is a feeling among some at OBD (mainly the Owner) that they REALLY blew it not Drafting Cutler a few Years back...So I think The Bills WILL look long and hard at each and every Draftable QB to make certain they are not going to make another mistake...That being said I think the Need for Pass Rush still wins out in the end... <_<

But you know what? If we did draft Cutler, Skooby would be saying the Bills were going to trade him for Edwards! The point is every Bills QB since Kelly gets 5 minutes to prove himself. It doesn't matter who we draft, sign, or trade for, they are declared failures after one incomplete pass.

PTR

You hit the nail in the head. I really think 90% of all bills fans are delusional if they "know" Trent Edwards is the man. He's injury prone, he didn't beat one good defense last year. If you think the SD defense was good without shawne merriman you're even more delusional. He has proven that he currently SUCKs playing in the cold weather. Last year his wins were vs: the afc west (LOL), rAms, seAhawks and the jags. What a joke. S

Sure, Trent has poise, a quick release and LOOKS like he COULD be a Good QB, but he far from one right now.

While I wouldn't be shocked if we drafted a QB, the better move would be to trade for cutler.

Too bad that won't happen.

You hit the nail in the head. I really think 90% of all bills fans are delusional if they "know" Trent Edwards is the man. He's injury prone, he didn't beat one good defense last year. If you think the SD defense was good without shawne merriman you're even more delusional. He has proven that he currently SUCKs playing in the cold weather. Last year his wins were vs: the afc west (LOL), rAms, seAhawks and the jags. What a joke. S

Sure, Trent has poise, a quick release and LOOKS like he COULD be a Good QB, but he far from one right now.

While I wouldn't be shocked if we drafted a QB, the better move would be to trade for cutler.

Too bad that won't happen.

Thank you for making my point. <_<

PTR

SKOOBY, do you have ANY idea of how secretive NFL teams are about their draft strategies? Unless a team has the #1 overall pick, the draft war room is a lock-and-key think tank. So no, nobody believes that you have a source on the inside and nobody believes these rumors that you post. Have you noticed that none of your rumors have come true? Furthermore, how come your source didn't tell you about the TO deal?

SKOOBY, do you have ANY idea of how secretive NFL teams are about their draft strategies? Unless a team has the #1 overall pick, the draft war room is a lock-and-key think tank. So no, nobody believes that you have a source on the inside and nobody believes these rumors that you post. Have you noticed that none of your rumors have come true? Furthermore, how come your source didn't tell you about the TO deal?

That's true, even SOPRANO knew about the TO deal. He just didn't post because because he thought no one would believe him or his post would be deleted, and it would huyt his feewings.... <_<

The only "Curve Ball" pick I see that could happen would be Clay Matthews / LB / USC. I could see that happening and not too many people, media or others, are really talking about the possibility.